Sponsored

2016 Mustang Order Guide

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Anybody seen a pic of the "over the top" stripe(s)?

BTW, my '15 order got screwed up so dealer is ordering me a '16 at same price/incentives. I hate the wait but psyched! Super glad to get the silver PP wheels.
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Don`t you just hate when that happens? The Order Guide says one thing and then when you try to Special Order a certain configuration it rejects your 13D Spoiler Delete request. Guess the Order Guide is always "subject to change and modification", Version 16.2?:doh:
OK supposedly that was a mistake in the order system and you can get the delete starting next week according to Ford service...we'll see.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Why Ford would have an issue allowing someone to elect Option 13D Spoiler Delete regardless of Trim Level is puzzling. They are (not) refunding or giving a credit deduction for eliminating the "Spoiler" from the Equipment Package. Ford has always had (quirky) Order Guide stipulations. Ordering Options such as DRL`s (Daytime Running Lights), Smokers Package ae: Ash Tray & Lighter as well as Engine Core Block Heater have always required a valid FIN or Fleet Identification Number. Just another case for "Unsolved Mysteries".

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Why Ford would have an issue allowing someone to elect Option 13D Spoiler Delete regardless of Trim Level is puzzling. They are (not) refunding or giving a credit deduction for eliminating the "Spoiler" from the Equipment Package. Ford has always had (quirky) Order Guide stipulations. Ordering Options such as DRL`s (Daytime Running Lights), Smokers Package ae: Ash Tray & Lighter as well as Engine Core Block Heater have always required a valid FIN or Fleet Identification Number. Just another case for "Unsolved Mysteries".
Agreed...doesn't make much sense and you would think you'd get a credit for no spoiler (like $150) but they don't give you anything for it which is kinda annoying.

Jeff from Ford Service said that the 13D would be available sometime this week hopefully after they fix the error in the order banks. I think banks go live Monday for '16.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Agreed...doesn't make much sense and you would think you'd get a credit for no spoiler (like $150) but they don't give you anything for it which is kinda annoying.

Jeff from Ford Service said that the 13D would be available sometime this week hopefully after they fix the error in the order banks. I think banks go live Monday for '16.
Will the customizer change on the Ford.com site too?

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Will the customizer change on the Ford.com site too?
It will Tamadrummer but not sure when..Jeff wasnt sure about that. He was researching the 13D with the 60B package for me and why the guide said one thing and the order system wasnt allowing it...

mike62

Mike62
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks plan to order mine this weekend and needed the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like Option 13D "Spoiler Delete" is starting to get a lot more attention, you think? Just maybe, the "Blade Spoiler" is slowly starting to loose some of its popularity? I saw a new 2015 Mercedes Benz C300 4 Door Sedan recently and it too had the Optional "Blade Spoiler" adorning the edge of its Trunk Deck and needless to say, IMO, it too looked absolutely ridiculous. A great looking design doesn`t need any added embellishment.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming soon
Anybody seen a pic of the "over the top" stripe(s)?

BTW, my '15 order got screwed up so dealer is ordering me a '16 at same price/incentives. I hate the wait but psyched! Super glad to get the silver PP wheels.
I'd like to know too. If it looks like the GT350 stripes I'm in!

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I`d have waited for a '16 too if I could have ordered it with "under the bottom" stripe(s)!

Sponsored

G Force

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 370Z Nismo
Still not understanding why you can't get Race Red with with ====Redline Recaros==== or Premier Trim Color Group.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Still not understanding why you can't get Race Red with with ====Redline Recaros==== or Premier Trim Color Group.
Redline Recaros would be fine, but have you seen the Redline leather? It's a brick red, and would clash badly with the orange-red that is RR. It would be FUGLY. Best to stick to black.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Redline Recaros would be fine, but have you seen the Redline leather? It's a brick red, and would clash badly with the orange-red that is RR. It would be FUGLY. Best to stick to black.
I personally would select any interior color rather then boring Ebony Black which shows lint and dust constantly! Did I mention Dog Hair?:cheers:

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
It's weird that they offer it with the Ruby Red. I think that clashes more than Race Red.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Looks like the auto transmission guys who were waiting until the 2016 to get the performance pack are out of luck.
Sad no PP for the autos, but oh well. Would be nice to get a 2016 without the stupid hood turn signals. I just want SYNC 3 vs ordering a 2015 with MFT.
Yeah, I'm surprised by that as well.. The hardware and code exist...

Honestly, you wouldn't want that transmission for performance anyway. Once they get a dual clutch or at a minimum a floor +/- where you can hold it in gear, then it would be worth it.
The 6R80 is a rebadged ZF piece, and ZF automatics (their new 9AT aside) are pretty good about being willing to play. I think it's more an issue with software (and what management says) than anything else.
Sponsored