wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Still no Sirius Satellite Radio available for Base V6 Convertible in 16` even as an optional add on with the 051A Package. For 2016, Base EB 2.3 still gets 2 Cloth Interior choices, Ebony Black and Dark Ceramic while the Base V6 Fastback/Coupe and Convertible remains only available with Ebony Black Cloth Interior. Whats that all about? Cost savings? Glad I didn`t wait an extra year simply to get SYNC3 which only applies anyway to Premium Trim levels. So much about the 3.7 V6 being quickly eliminated too!
Just like Navigation, buy a Sirius receiver and connect it with the audio port (or BT). The subscription is cheaper this way as well. I know how you feel but...it is doable if you want Sirius. Personally, I don't; the traffic is behind and our local AM station is better at it, the music is still not what I listen to so I have a USB stick with my entire collection on it.
Sponsored

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Anyone see the 2016 ordering prices and see if the prices are similar to 2015s?

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Just like Navigation, buy a Sirius receiver and connect it with the audio port (or BT). The subscription is cheaper this way as well. I know how you feel but...it is doable if you want Sirius. Personally, I don't; the traffic is behind and our local AM station is better at it, the music is still not what I listen to so I have a USB stick with my entire collection on it.
The price of Sirius subscription isn't any different whether it is built-in or a separate unit. I've had both in the past. The unit is probably cheaper though, as getting the add-on for a factory radio from the dealer is usually several hundred dollars, while a stand-alone unit is usually less than $100. I've been doing 5 month subscriptions at a time with Sirius in my Fusion, which is the best deal I could ever get them to get me, for $25 ($28 or so with taxes/fees). Not too bad really, considering their regular price is $14 a month plus taxes/fees! Best deal I had before that was just under $100 a year including fees, but I'm too cheap and don't mind calling them every 5 months to renew :)

The thing I did like about having the unit separate is that I can switch it between cars, and also I had a home dock for it to listen to football games at home. In the car it just sucks to deal with the extra unit, while fairly small, has to still be wired up and sit somewhere (you can tuck it away but switching channels isn't convenient nor can you use the wheel controls). Nowadays you're better off just paying the extra $3 a month for the mobile app to your subscription and be able to stream it on your phone. I haven't tried that yet, but might see about getting that feature when my trial is up. Of course it will use up your cell data.

Side note: I'm thinking of quitting using Sat radio (after being addicted to it for the last 8 years) and use Pandora if I'm going to use my cell data. I only pay $45 a year for commercial-free Pandora which I use at work anyway. The DJs on Sirius are getting on my nerves....

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
The price of Sirius subscription isn't any different whether it is built-in or a separate unit. I've had both in the past. The unit is probably cheaper though, as getting the add-on for a factory radio from the dealer is usually several hundred dollars, while a stand-alone unit is usually less than $100. I've been doing 5 month subscriptions at a time with Sirius in my Fusion, which is the best deal I could ever get them to get me, for $25 ($28 or so with taxes/fees). Not too bad really, considering their regular price is $14 a month plus taxes/fees! Best deal I had before that was just under $100 a year including fees, but I'm too cheap and don't mind calling them every 5 months to renew :)

The thing I did like about having the unit separate is that I can switch it between cars, and also I had a home dock for it to listen to football games at home. In the car it just sucks to deal with the extra unit, while fairly small, has to still be wired up and sit somewhere (you can tuck it away but switching channels isn't convenient nor can you use the wheel controls). Nowadays you're better off just paying the extra $3 a month for the mobile app to your subscription and be able to stream it on your phone. I haven't tried that yet, but might see about getting that feature when my trial is up. Of course it will use up your cell data.

Side note: I'm thinking of quitting using Sat radio (after being addicted to it for the last 8 years) and use Pandora if I'm going to use my cell data. I only pay $45 a year for commercial-free Pandora which I use at work anyway. The DJs on Sirius are getting on my nerves....
Ah, gotcha. When I bought my 2012 Focus it came with Sirius and I tried using it for the trial period for the traffic and weather but it was out of Chicago with Detroit tossed in every once in a while. When it came up for subscription it was $12/month. Best Buy had devices for $10/month. When I asked why it was $2 more for my car I was told Ford got $2/month (this was the Best Buy guy talking). WJR (the Great Voice of the Great Lakes) has better traffic and weather anyway so I never bought the subscription and I just assumed it was the same situation with the Mustang ($12/month). Even if it is $10/month I cannot see paying that for old information...sell your Sirius/XM stock!

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
OK my dealer said pricing is showing up....can anyone start making a list of the package pricing?

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
The add-on plug in Sirius Receiver is clunky and although functional, is best incorporated into the built in Audio System. Ford offers a retro-fit Sirius Kit that can be added to the factory Radio but for the cost of the Part & Installation, between $400 & $500, I`ll pass. Plus, your left with an ugly "wart/tumor" growing from your Trunk Deck on the Convertible. Ford should have incorporated the Satellite Antenna into one of the exterior rear view mirrors rather then having a knob above the top of the rear window or trunk lid depending on whether you have a Coupe or Convertible.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
OK my dealer said pricing is showing up....can anyone start making a list of the package pricing?
This please. MSRP vs Invoice would be great.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
$995 - Black Accent Package - 19" wheels, black emblems, black spoiler.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
$995 - Black Accent Package - 19" wheels, black emblems, black spoiler.
Are the remaining options and base price of the car still the same from 2015? Want to know if I could still shoot for the price I was quoted for a 2015 I was going to order or not.

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
This please. MSRP vs Invoice would be great.
MSRP and invoice are unchanged from '15 to '16. I expect a slight bump in early July as Ford typically raises prices the beginning of each fiscal quarter.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
$1,995 - California Special Package - 19" wheels, trim, spoiler, grill, stripes, etc.

bwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang Premium GT
Not positive, but are the black accent package wheels the same one's we are seeing on some of the GT350's
2015-05-15_15-06-40.jpg

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
They are not. The wheels are a brand new design...

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Not positive, but are the black accent package wheels the same one's we are seeing on some of the GT350's
If you look at the optional 19's in gunmetal, they look like those BUT without the curve connecting the spokes on the inner rim.

See below. Pretty identical except the circled area which looks like they removed on the blackout package and made it more straight lined up to the upper rim.

Sponsored

Last edited: