Sponsored

2016 Mustang Order Guide

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2011 GT, Sold 2016 GT 350, 2018 GT 350R JR034
HP/TQ #'s TBD

I wonder why HP/TQ are listed as TBD. Could Ford be playing it smart and waiting on Camaro launch to finalize the HP/TQ #'s for the '16 model year? I've heard the motor is underrated currently, so Ford could easily bump the HP # up to move it closer to Camaro estimate of 450HP. Ford did this once with the 2011 & 2012 cars rated at 412HP and 2013 bumped up to 420HP. Ford isn't going to let the HP gap be too large for people to think about if they are on the fence on what to purchase.
Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Anyone know how big the screen is going to be for the base vehicle. Not as small as the 15' I hope, should be bigger to accommodate S3 right?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I wonder why HP/TQ are listed as TBD. Could Ford be playing it smart and waiting on Camaro launch to finalize the HP/TQ #'s for the '16 model year? I've heard the motor is underrated currently, so Ford could easily bump the HP # up to move it closer to Camaro estimate of 450HP. Ford did this once with the 2011 & 2012 cars rated at 412HP and 2013 bumped up to 420HP. Ford isn't going to let the HP gap be too large for people to think about if they are on the fence on what to purchase.
Maybe they can get it back up to Boss number - 444hp

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Anyone know how big the screen is going to be for the base vehicle. Not as small as the 15' I hope, should be bigger to accommodate S3 right?
I don't think base cars are getting Sync 3?

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
I wish they would have had the Luster Nickel painted rims in 2105, I like them better then the black on the PP, But I bet they will show the brake dust like a BMW does.
I believe they have been on the Ford Racing website for a couple months now. I have been looking at them. It will be nice to be able to see them on a car now before I buy them.

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
It's listed as standard equip. 8" screen. If I would have just looked. Thanks
You're not looking in the correct spot. Standard is "4.2" LCD screen in center stack". This is the standard Sync and probably the exact system as the 2015. You have to get a Premium car to get the 8" touchscreen (Sync3).

The first page in the Order Guide highlights all the major changes. That doesn't mean that all models get those as standard. :)

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're not looking in the correct spot. Standard is "4.2" LCD screen in center stack". This is the standard Sync and probably the exact system as the 2015. You have to get a Premium car to get the 8" touchscreen (Sync3).

The first page in the Order Guide highlights all the major changes. That doesn't mean that all models get those as standard. :)
You're right, I went right into the premium section and didn't realize it. Thanks.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
:ford::headbang:Aside from the sync 3 , not really any " MAJOR " changes. The blinkers are a sweet retro feature . Happy with my 2015 GT Premium auto. Ford should have offered the PP on the auto. I have not given up hope for this. I would say model year 2018. I currently own a 2014 CS as well. The new CS S550 is sweet. No lower rear scoops, which came with prior CS Mustangs. Roush Performance can give you those , which would complete the CS retro look. 51 years of MUstang................:cool:

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Also an auto with the 3.73 would be a weekend warrior's dream at the strip and the Torsen wasn't designed optimally for strip use due to its torque biasing, more for road racing.
Road racing / autocross is what the PP is centered around. FWIW, though, the Torsen diff is the only high-torque capacity differential that Ford has for the Super 8.8" axle, since it was developed with the SVT torque level in mind. So, until the aftermarket provides a locker or spool for the carrier (or a 4-pinion clutch plate diff), the Torsen is the strongest rear end option the car has.

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I wish they would have had the Luster Nickel painted rims in 2105, I like them better then the black on the PP, But I bet they will show the brake dust like a BMW does.
OK, who wants to trade my black wheels for some new luster nickel finish action? I don't hate the black, but they look so much better that color.
They have been available through Ford Racing for some time.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Road racing / autocross is what the PP is centered around. FWIW, though, the Torsen diff is the only high-torque capacity differential that Ford has for the Super 8.8" axle, since it was developed with the SVT torque level in mind. So, until the aftermarket provides a locker or spool for the carrier (or a 4-pinion clutch plate diff), the Torsen is the strongest rear end option the car has.
Ahh, but there is another option. Expensive @ around $1300.00 I believe but with a Limited Lifetime warranty, I don't think Torsen offers that.

[SIZE=+1]Wavetrac Differential 2015 Mustang EcoBoost/GT[/SIZE]
Wavetrac Differentials

Wavetrac® diffs are state-of-the-art helical gear differentials designed, developed, and manufactured in the USA by Autotech Driveline. The Wavetrac® Differential is the only torque biasing differential on the market with patent-pending technology that mitigates wheelspin when an unloaded wheel condition arises. During zero axle load conditions, the Wavetrac cam device acts to create internal load, maintaining drive on the gripping wheel instead of acting like an open diff (and going nowhere!). Super strong 9310 alloy steel gears are enclosed in case-hardened steel bodies, held together with ARP® fasteners. All Wavetrac® differentials include a transferable, Limited Lifetime Warranty.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
In this case, the Torsen is part of the OEM car assembly, covered by Ford's warranty. Along those lines, it is actually an OEM-grade part, fully validated to meet the torque requirements for impact and fatigue performance that Ford specified. That testing is extensive, not to mention its TBR value was specifically tuned to the PP chassis.

I'm sure the Wavetrac is great (for $1300, I hope it is) - the materials they are using are expensive, but should be stout - but it remains to be seen how it actually holds up to the same requirements. I doubt it is tested to the same level, just based on the resources needed to do so. That's not to say it wouldn't hold up, but typically with aftermarket parts, we don't really know what targets the manufacturer was working to. That makes it something of a gamble. Either way, my point was that Ford only has one option for an off-the-shelf, prequalified and validated high-torque differential available to them at the factory. Any factory version of the car that needs increased torque capacity will probably use it, that's why its the only diff packaged with the 3.73 gear, and that's why its now the only differential in the GT350.

If someone buys an S550 with the intention of taking it to the drag strip, and they need to be stock, the Torsen is their best bet in this case. However, if they can swap out the diff, something like a Detroit Locker, a spool or a bevel gear diff with 4 pinion gears will probably have greater brute strength, if not the finesse.
Sponsored

Last edited: