Sponsored

2016 mustang gt upgraded but feeling slow!? Anyone else?

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
All in all man I highly recommend doing the cams there’s a few options out there it’s really just about where you want the power band to hit and while your in there I’d do Billet OPG & Crankgear from MMR to be on the safe side. I absolutely love how this car performs its perfect in all ways I wanted to do a Whipple but I just can’t bring myself to spring 9k for the unit and that’s not even including if I have it installed. I think you’ll be happy going this same route as well. You won’t be sorry! As far as emissions where I choose to register it I don’t have to worry about emissions
That is some awesome insight! Did you do your cam install yourself? And if so, did you find it hard to get everything done with the install, timing, TDC, gear, ect? I am pretty inclined and have always done my all my work myself, but i have not done pistons, cams, ect. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
That is some awesome insight! Did you do your cam install yourself? And if so, did you find it hard to get everything done with the install, timing, TDC, gear, ect? I am pretty inclined and have always done my all my work myself, but i have not done pistons, cams, ect. What are your thoughts?
I didn’t do the cam install anything that involves going into the engine I take it to my local speed shop. I can do the bolt on mods such as (manifold, headers) that’s sort of stuff but I don’t have the skill to dive into the engine unfortunately lol.

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
I didn’t do the cam install anything that involves going into the engine I take it to my local speed shop. I can do the bolt on mods such as (manifold, headers) that’s sort of stuff but I don’t have the skill to dive into the engine unfortunately lol.
What was the install cost on something like that?

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
It was around 1000 for the install and then you need to also factor in tuning as well.
HOLY SHIT! :shock: ehhhh....might be having second thoughts on that lol The job calls for 4 hours. How the hell does that come out to 1k? Was that tune included?

Sponsored

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
HOLY SHIT! :shock: ehhhh....might be having second thoughts on that lol The job calls for 4 hours. How the hell does that come out to 1k? Was that tune included?
Lol yeah never said it was cheap! It calls for four hours but that’s a crock of shit lol it will take a full day to complete that job no matter how skilled the mechanic. No knock to solid mechanics out there but it’s a big job for sure and a more advanced job at that. It’s worth the money for the amount gained.

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
Lol yeah never said it was cheap! It calls for four hours but that’s a crock of shit lol it will take a full day to complete that job no matter how skilled the mechanic. No knock to solid mechanics out there but it’s a big job for sure and a more advanced job at that. It’s worth the money for the amount gained.
Luckily im not riding the financial struggle bus at the moment, but thats a lot of cake. lol Come to az and give me a ride so i can see the difference. Perhaps some highway pulls will convince me haha

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Luckily im not riding the financial struggle bus at the moment, but thats a lot of cake. lol Come to az and give me a ride so i can see the difference. Perhaps some highway pulls will convince me haha
Head out to the 303, wide open for that! :rockon:

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
I thought comp cams were designed specifically for FI. How much power did you pick up with cams? Do you know

Sponsored

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I thought comp cams were designed specifically for FI. How much power did you pick up with cams? Do you know
They give about 30-40 wheel horse power with supporting mods.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Screw cams. For a grand or two more. (Cams + cost of install) You can get a centrifugal supercharger and be sitting on 650 to the wheels. You can gain 30 or you can go big and gain 200. Trust me you’ll feel that!

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Screw cams. For a grand or two more. (Cams + cost of install) You can get a centrifugal supercharger and be sitting on 650 to the wheels. You can gain 30 or you can go big and gain 200. Trust me you’ll feel that!
You can’t buy centrifugal charger for 3k sorry man ain’t happening and most of the people on here will agree.

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
Definitely provide a link to the 3k charged setup. I think everyone would be interested if one exists ;)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You boys take a look in the for sale section. right in this forum before you start betting me it can’t be done. Didn’t think of that did ya? Im Sorry but cams are a bad investment on these cars. This isn’t the LS forums. Your not getting much bang for your bucks. With cams. If you think you are. You don’t know these cars very well. Oh and since you asked for a link. Here’s one for $2500 and one for 2900;).....your welcome. Now I’ll leave you boys to your cams and let you learn the hard way! Remember a fool and their money are easily parted! Knowledge is power. So do a little research before you run out and buy cams OP.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fs-procharger-f1a-94-hu-black.123796/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/procharger-p1sc-1-ho-tuner-kit.123213/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2015-17-paxton-2200sl-kit.114611/
Sponsored

Last edited: