Sponsored

2016 mustang gt upgraded but feeling slow!? Anyone else?

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
You boys take a look in the for sale section. right in this forum before you start betting me it can’t be done. Didn’t think of that did ya? Im Sorry but cams are a bad investment on these cars. This isn’t the LS forums. Your not getting much bang for your bucks. With cams. If you think you are. You don’t know these cars very well. Oh and since you asked for a link. Here’s one for $2500 and one for 2900;).....your welcome. Now I’ll leave you boys to your cams and let you learn the hard way! Remember a fool and their money are easily parted! Knowledge is power. So do a little research before you run out and buy cams OP.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fs-procharger-f1a-94-hu-black.123796/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/procharger-p1sc-1-ho-tuner-kit.123213/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2015-17-paxton-2200sl-kit.114611/
That’s for the head unit lol wow man your really knowledgeable you need to do your research we know our cars very well so thinks for trying to make us all feel stupid you failed miserably. The head unit of the pro charger is 2500 that does not include plumbing, intercooler, blow off valve, tune etc. do your home work man. Cams are insane in these cars you can’t talk unless you have experienced them first hand.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That’s for the head unit lol wow man your really knowledgeable you need to do your research we know our cars very well so thinks for trying to make us all feel stupid you failed miserably. The head unit of the pro charger is 2500 that does not include plumbing, intercooler, blow off valve, tune etc. do your home work man. Cams are insane in these cars you can’t talk unless you have experienced them first hand.
And the kit for 2900? Why did you completely ignore the other links??? Just stop. Your giving bad advice! If 30whp is insane to you. You need to set your bar a little higher. let’s do the math real quick. cams=30whp. The Blower=200whp. Now 200-30=170whp! That’s an extra 170whp for about the grand or two difference. I originally quoted! First you said confidently that a centri kit couldn’t be had for 3 grand. (Your number. Not mine). I provided links. Apperantly that’s not good enough. I’m sure if you go back more than the first two pages. In the for sale section. You will find more blowers at a similar price! (I only had to look at the first two pages for those links) Now show me your dyno sheet with cams. I’ll show you my dyno sheet with the blower. The difference will boggle your mind! I’m not trying to make you look stupid. I’m just trying to keep the OP from spending two grand. For 30whp. Then making another thread. About how he’s disappointed! Like he did in this thread.

Last edited:

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
And the kit for 2900? Why did you completely ignore the other links??? Just stop. Your giving bad advice! If 30whp is insane to you. You need to set your bar a little higher. let’s do the math real quick. cams=30whp. The Blower=200whp. Now 200-30=170whp! That’s an extra 170whp for about the grand or two difference. I originally quoted! First you said confidently that a centri kit couldn’t be had for 3 grand. I provided links. Apperantly that’s not good enough. I’m sure if you go back more than the first two pages. In the for sale section. You will find more blowers at a similar price! (I only had to look at the first two pages for those links) Now show me your dyno sheet with cams. I’ll show you my dyno sheet with the blower. The difference will boggle your mind! I’m not trying to make you look stupid. I’m just trying to keep the OP from spending two grand. For 30whp. Then making another thread. About how he’s disappointed! Like he did in this thread.
Every kit you posted was an incomplete kit and would involve hunting more parts and some of the things missing aren’t cheap things either, by the time you complete the kit your at 4-5k when cames with install would be around 2300-2500 depending on what a shop would be willing to do it for. I’m not new to this I’ve had other cars in my life that were forced induction and yeah they’re great and tons of fun but the same fun can be had for a fraction of the price. Some guys prefer to stay N/A.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
So just say you want to stay NA. That’s your business. But that has nothing to do with anything I said. You can get everything you need. For a fraction of the price. Of a new centri kit. Right in the for sale section. Need injectors? Check the for sale section. Need a hand held to tune the kit? Check the for sale section. Need an interCooler? Check the for sale section! Everything in the for sale section can be had for 40-60% off the cost of new components. NO PROBLEM!. If you can’t build a complete kit. For the extra couple grand I originally quoted. Over the cost you quoted of $2000-2500 for cams. Your not trying very hard! If you want power. Install a blower. If you want a lot less. Install cams. I don’t know why your still arguing? If the OP wants 30 wheel horse power for $2000-2500. It’s his money. If he wants to spend a few grand more. Like I originally said. He can build a car that will absolutely crush. Any cammed s550 out there. It’s not like you retain a warranty once the first mods go on. So go big! These are all simple facts! Now weather you want to agree with them or not. Doesn’t matter to me. I’m done.

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
So just say you want to stay NA. That’s your business. But that has nothing to do with anything I said. You can get everything you need. For a fraction of the price. Of a new centri kit. Right in the for sale section. Need injectors? Check the for sale section. Need a hand held to tune the kit? Check the for sale section. Need an interCooler? Check the for sale section! Everything in the for sale section can be had for 40-60% off the cost of new components. NO PROBLEM!. I you can’t build a complete kit. For the extra couple grand I originally quoted. Over the cost you quoted of $2000-2500for cams. Your not trying. If you want power. Install a blower. If you want a lot less. Install cams. I don’t know why your still arguing? If the OP want 30 wheel horse power for $2000-2500. It’s his money. If he wants to spend a few grand more. Like I originally said. He can build a car that will absolutely crush. Any cammed s550 out there. These are all simple facts! Now weather you want to agree with them or not. Doesn’t matter to me. I’m done.
Arguing hmm I believe your the one going out of your way to prove something. I already made my argument now your just trying way to hard. But do the math and by the time you piece this Frankenstein kit together your over the said 3k you originally quoted. I’m out tho don’t care to entertain a “know it all”

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Arguing hmm I believe your the one going out of your way to prove something. I already made my argument now your just trying way to hard. But do the math and by the time you piece this Frankenstein kit together your over the said 3k you originally quoted. I’m out tho don’t care to entertain a “know it all”
I never said 3 grand. That was the number you and the OP came up with. I said “for a grand or two more”. Than the cost of cams plus install. Go back and read Carefully. And try to understand the meaning of that sentence. I get all this stuff is hard. All this reading and math. Now go on back and reread the first post you quoted. Smh.:facepalm: Ya know what screw it. Here was the original quote for ya. Don’t wanna overtaxed your poor little brain!

Screw cams. For a grand or two more. (Cams + cost of install) You can get a centrifugal supercharger and be sitting on 650 to the wheels. You can gain 30 or you can go big and gain 200. Trust me you’ll feel that!

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I never said 3 grand. That was the number you and the OP came up with. I said a few grand more. Than the cost of cams plus install. Go back and read Carefully. I get that this stuff is hard. All this reading and math. Now go on back and reread the first post you quoted. Smh.:facepalm:
Oh so I’m seeing things when I read “Screw cams. For a grand or two more.” now let’s do that math again.. follow along.. I paid about 2300 with install for my cams with you saying for another grand or two you can get a centrifugal supercharger now we are at $3300 to $4300 dollars and that’s not even for a guaranteed complete kit.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Am I going to have go to the for sale section. And piece together an entire kit for $4-4200? To show you it can be done? Once I do it. will you shut the f$&k up and quit giving bad advice? If that’s what it’ll take. I’ll do it for ya. Tuning is 400 dollar more on a remote tune from Lund. That what I paid.

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Oh lastly if he or she’s not handy enough to do the install factor in another grand..

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Plus install around a grand so now we are creeping back up to 6 grand lol. Almost triple the price.
I can turn a wrench. Sorry you can’t. But that doesn’t surprise me any.

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I can turn a wrench. Sorry you can’t
I do all my work aside from the cams or internal work. But thanks for the entertainment and school yard bs attitude. I’m sorry you suck at providing an argument once again you did most of the work for me so I can’t think you enough for that. 2-3x the price for forced induction then with cams that was my only argument.

EMonday

Project Hell-Hound
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Not to mention there are people on here who like things done by a shop for the sake of peace of mind not cause they can’t. Having the assurance that if something fouls or goes wrong you have a reputable shop to take it back to and have diagnosed and properly fixed. Anyway this really is my last msg for you.
Sponsored