Sponsored

2016 mustang gt upgraded but feeling slow!? Anyone else?

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
This is why I’m keeping mine stock-ish.

I’ll spend all that money on my other hobbies that suck my wallet dry. My GT is fast enough and I’ve got a ticket to prove it :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt

I’ll spend all that money on my other hobbies that suck my wallet dry. My GT is fast enough and I’ve got a ticket to prove it :)
i got 7 :( lol over the years of course. Not all in the stang

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
Intake, '18 manifold, cat deletes and e85 tune here.

Night and day difference from stock, especially when I wrap it out to 8k. She puts quite a few car lengths on stock 15-17 GT's.
i can notice the difference but not too much. Im starting to think its just me lol

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
The 18 manifold needs you to rev it out. That, and you're likely knock limited by the fuel. Try good 93 or E85.
That is exactly where im at. I am limited to 91. E85 is even rare to find around where i live. So i ordered a retune from VMP along with a case of boostane. Tune will be ran at 99 octane so i DEF should be feeling it this time. And if not....headers is my last hope haha

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Can I make an honest suggestion? Why not rent a Kia rio and then drive your Mustang. You'll save yourself a fortune.
My brother says this to me all the time when I complain how slow my car is. He throws me the keys to his Jeep with 35s. Says you wanna feel fast, I'll switch you for a few days.

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Because at 2500 to 3500 rpm most people are usually in traffic. If you want low/mid range grunt, use an E85 tune, not a truck manifold. Otherwise, these engines are made to rev out and the power band is all up top. 18 manifold and set rev limiter to 8100, shift at 7500-7600. It's glorious and pulls hard all the way up strong to that range and it's been proven to be the best overall with only the GT350 slightly edging it at the very top end.

Sounds like you need a pushrod motor otherwise.
Nope, I'm happy with the way my Coyote is set up at this point. AND, I'm already running E85 too.

Again, my car is a purely street car as are most cars belonging to the peeps on this board. As such, my car sees very, very, very, very little time at or above 6,500 rpm (even though I have the limiter set at 7,500 rpm) because it's a STREET car. If someone were looking for the last little bit while racing their car at a racetrack, then hell yeah, go with the '18 GT, GT350, or CJ intake manifolds..., BUT I want my car to be more responsive and to perform at its best in the rpm band in which I drive it 99.8 percent of the time, and for me it's a no-brainer. F-150 intake manifold. You simply can't argue with 25-40 extra ft/lbs right in the meat of the street-car power band. I don't race my car, and I probably never will.

I have a 200hp Ducati for that...

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
Step 1. try a different tuner
Step 2. Get on E85.
shipment of boostane delivers today and hopefully i will have my tune revision today or tomorrow at latest. I full tank of 99 octane with my new tune should do the trick. We will see.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I'd be cautious with octane boosters. I tried them out early on to bring our 91 up to 93ish. I made six runs and four had a noticable increase in power but during two runs my car fell flat on its face, I assume due to knock. Only time I've experienced any knock in this car and I can only guess the octane booster didn't mix quite right and caused it. Runs 1,2,5 and 6 were great but the other two crapped out. Only variable was the booster. I've got more power now even just running e54 and haven't had even the slightest knock. There's quite a few stations with ethanol around Tempe... just a thought for you.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Seems like the next steps are headers and 47lb or better fuel injectors. Really have to rev that 18 mani above 7500 to feel the difference.

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
I'd be cautious with octane boosters. I tried them out early on to bring our 91 up to 93ish. I made six runs and four had a noticable increase in power but during two runs my car fell flat on its face, I assume due to knock. Only time I've experienced any knock in this car and I can only guess the octane booster didn't mix quite right and caused it. Runs 1,2,5 and 6 were great but the other two crapped out. Only variable was the booster. I've got more power now even just running e54 and haven't had even the slightest knock. There's quite a few stations with ethanol around Tempe... just a thought for you.
That was one of my concerns but everywhere i have been, i did not find ethanol. However, i DO agree with you on octane boosters. I would normally not even get into that because they rarely do anything but after a discussion with VMP and seeing dyno results on Boostane, i decided to give it a shot. We will see how it goes.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX

So far I haven't found any stations on this list that dont have ethanol plus discovered a new one at Broadway and val vista thanks to another forum member. Good luck with the boostane!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
My brother says this to me all the time when I complain how slow my car is. He throws me the keys to his Jeep with 35s. Says you wanna feel fast, I'll switch you for a few days.
It's plenty fast just stock. The problem is a lot of people are just plain spoiled.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase

Same here only no tickets. It is our DD and it is plenty fast enough for us. I wish it had more low end grunt but it’s good enough. I will say the main reason we got it was we wanted a convertible V8. Had Dodge made a vert Challenger we would have got one of those. Maybe like this?

F7C5DCCE-CFF5-4ECE-8996-E2CFEA6A58B3.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: