Sponsored

2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
So thinking of switching to flow master outlaws from my roush would anyone be interested in my roush if I get rid of them
Sponsored

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
375 or make an offer only had on since May or June tips everything is intact and no damage

Erfman93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erfahn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package

Isaac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Magnetic
Just installed the flowmaster outlaws on my car and it honestly makes the car sound like a v8. I'm so happy I went with em. Will make a youtube video and post it later

Sponsored

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
I'm in the Hampton roads area ...... Smithfield va

RUSSIAN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 C.O. V6 MANUAL |#399 6G.M.R.|
Just installed the flowmaster outlaws on my car and it honestly makes the car sound like a v8. I'm so happy I went with em. Will make a youtube video and post it later
Awesome!

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Will you describe the level of drone and rpm range it is most prevalent at. You might not mind drone, but for many it is a deciding factor.

gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang v6
Will you describe the level of drone and rpm range it is most prevalent at. You might not mind drone, but for many it is a deciding factor.
From my experience since I have them installed, I can tell you that it does have drone at around 2k rpms and when you cruise like at around 80 you will get noise inside the cabin, which can get pretty annoying. Overall I still think they are great for the price.:)

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Well guys I just ordered my bbk headers ... Hope this turns out great , should be here Monday I'll looking for install pointers soon

Sponsored

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I need help - can someone help me confirm if Borla ATAK/S-Type axle back is the same part number for both V6 and Turbo4? My friend had ATAK axle back installed recently at a place, but they cannot find the same part for my V6 and I'm wondering if they are shared.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I need help - can someone help me confirm if Borla ATAK/S-Type axle back is the same part number for both V6 and Turbo4? My friend had ATAK axle back installed recently at a place, but they cannot find the same part for my V6 and I'm wondering if they are shared.
Yes it will fit the V6. From the exit of the resonator back the V6 and EB are exactly the same.

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yes it will fit the V6. From the exit of the resonator back the V6 and EB are exactly the same.
Thank you! I will go ahead and order it!

Edit: Does anyone have Borla S-Type installed on their V6? Would love to hear how it sounds as I'm considering it over ATAK (is ATAK that obnoxiously loud?)

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Thank you! I will go ahead and order it!

Edit: Does anyone have Borla S-Type installed on their V6? Would love to hear how it sounds as I'm considering it over ATAK (is ATAK that obnoxiously loud?)
Don't forget to ask owners how much drone a system you are considering has. AN exhaust does not even have to be super loud and 'can' have mind numbing drone (50-100 Hz low frequency resonance) in side the cabin.

After trying two different sets of Magnaflow mufflers (that did not drone for others??), I ended up back with my stock mufflers with 4" single wall MF tips. Whereas I was looking for a bit louder, these tips amplified the stock sound somewhat, so I settled for that with zero drone. I had to settle for a kind of European V6 sound rather than the throatier sound I tried for. This was the best sound I could get from my convertible for 'my ears'. YMMV.

Good luck finding the sound you'll like.

Erfman93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erfahn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
So I installed the flowmaster outlaws yesterday and so far they've been droning a lot at certain RPM's.. Does the tone or drone go away after they've settled in?
Sponsored