Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Upload is still processing, but my updated exhaust will be live here:

GT catback, Magnaflow 12468 (Tru-X resonator), Ford Performance by Borla Touring mufflers, eBay shorty headers, and cat deletes (exhaust shop straight pipes, not the Lethal ones)
I might have to take back the comment of all about power. I think that's one of the best sounding V6s I've heard! It has a nice "mean" tone but without harshness.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate it! I love the sound of it even more now than before tbh (could just be that I secretly wanted to try something new too), but for anyone that listens and thinks about doing it themselves...this is not one of those loud ass setups that everyone seems to seek!

Wasn't able to get any drive by videos today, but hopefully someone from my group can get a decent clip of me on the highway tomorrow as we head across the state for a meet.

Worst case scenario, sometime next week as I ordered one of those cheapo tripods on Amazon.

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Appreciate it! I love the sound of it even more now than before tbh (could just be that I secretly wanted to try something new too), but for anyone that listens and thinks about doing it themselves...this is not one of those loud ass setups that everyone seems to seek!

Wasn't able to get any drive by videos today, but hopefully someone from my group can get a decent clip of me on the highway tomorrow as we head across the state for a meet.

Worst case scenario, sometime next week as I ordered one of those cheapo tripods on Amazon.
Didn't you have a Steeda X-Pipe? Any reason you swapped it out? I was just in the process of buying one, lol.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't you have a Steeda X-Pipe? Any reason you swapped it out? I was just in the process of buying one, lol.
I did have the Steeda one and no issues with it, but I did a cat delete and wanted to avoid having an unbearablly raspy exhaust note so I swapped the Steeda x for a Magnaflow Tru-X (resonated x pipe) which really cleaned up the tone, seems quieter overall than before but the power gains are there.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I did have the Steeda one and no issues with it, but I did a cat delete and wanted to avoid having an unbearablly raspy exhaust note so I swapped the Steeda x for a Magnaflow Tru-X (resonated x pipe) which really cleaned up the tone, seems quieter overall than before but the power gains are there.
I love it @Nagare . I told ya I was very biased towards an enclosed X-pipe. Best thing I had done to my exhaust and i don't have mufflers and it sounds awesome.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Does an enclosed x-pipe help with taming the sound?
A resonated X pipe does tame the sound a great deal more then a muffler behind the X.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Does an enclosed x-pipe help with taming the sound?
250% yes. My cats are gone now and there is less rasp than before with just a regular X. If you look down the resonated X you see there are a ton of holes punched through that let some of the exhaust flow into packing material which quiets it down and cleans up the rasp a lot.

Definitely recommend looking around though. Everything was around $130-$150 for it and CJPP has the cut and clamp version for like $250. I got mine from Amazon Warehouse for $70.

Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped out my GT exhaust plus Roush axle backs for the Borla Atak catback. So far, I like it a lot.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped out my GT exhaust plus Roush axle backs for the Borla Atak catback. So far, I like it a lot.
Doing it still in the garage is cheating!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Just for you haha!

I'm digging this exhaust more and more each day.
How does it compare to your old Roush one? I don't like asking questions on people's for sale posts because then it sets a bad tone for people looking to buy it. From the ones I've heard in person, it doesn't sound all that great but I don't think I've heard Ataks on a V6 in person.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
How does it compare to your old Roush one? I don't like asking questions on people's for sale posts because then it sets a bad tone for people looking to buy it. From the ones I've heard in person, it doesn't sound all that great but I don't think I've heard Ataks on a V6 in person.
No worries and I'm the same way! Actually just sold the Roush's to someone.

I would say the Borla's are more refined than the Roush's but very similar. The Roush was deeper and had a tiny bit of drone at low rpms, but I think that is in part due to the bigger diameter piping of the GT exhaust I was using. The sound really is a lot similar to the Roush minus the slight drone. Roush I would say is a little nastier sounding above 3k rpm, where as the Atak has a consistent tone pretty much all the way through. I got the catback new for $600 so it was a no brainer for me.
Sponsored