MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Took a drive to get some shoes for running (signed up for a 5k at the start of April and haven't really run so hopefully these inspire me lol) and stopped at the arena near the mall. Was actually able to get in and find an empty parking lot (except for randos that just so happened to be walking by when I wanted to try donuts...)

Video is uploading now and should be done in about an hour or so (love my slow Xfinity uploads!).

About 7 minutes in total, good to skip around at least. Just wanted to get some realistic samples for you guys. Around 4:30 is some revs then a light dig at 5.

edit » 2:10 and 3:30 are good to skip to as well
Kind of funny seeing one crazy driver in an empty parking lot. :) Sounds nice. Videos like this remind me I will eventually replace my stock GT exhaust with something....
Sponsored

Valentina

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grabber Orange V6, 2015 Race Red V6
Vehicle Showcase
Got some new vids of the new exhaust yesterday. Set up is GT cat back with h-pipe resonator delete and 3" Flowtech GT axle backs.

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Little sound clip I created Easter Weekend. Roush CAI, GT OEM exhaust, Steeda X-Pipe, GT Roush Axle Backs.

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
Little sound clip I created Easter Weekend. Roush CAI, GT OEM exhaust, Steeda X-Pipe, GT Roush Axle Backs.

I love that rasp. What exactly is the GT oem exhaust though? Also are you on factory manifolds?

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I love that rasp. What exactly is the GT oem exhaust though? Also are you on factory manifolds?
Catback off of a GT, the piping is 2.5" instead of 2.25". The other part is that the tips are better but that changes as soon as you put different mufflers on.

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
Catback off of a GT, the piping is 2.5" instead of 2.25". The other part is that the tips are better but that changes as soon as you put different mufflers on.
I get that it's the exhaust system off of a GT, but considering he already has an aftermarket axle back and resonator delete, I got confused as to what exactly is left from that OEM GT exhaust. Afaik all piping before resonator is the same for V6 and GT s550's

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I get that it's the exhaust system off of a GT, but considering he already has an aftermarket axle back and resonator delete, I got confused as to what exactly is left from that OEM GT exhaust. Afaik all piping before resonator is the same for V6 and GT s550's
I don't think it is, but there's also a decent amount of piping between the resonator and the axle back.

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
I don't think it is
It is, hence why all x pipes meant for s550 GT's have 2.25" bits on the ends coming from the cats (front) and 2.5" on the other end (rear). Learned that from when I installed my SR performance X pipe for GT.

but there's also a decent amount of piping between the resonator and the axle back.
Yeah that might clear it

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It is, hence why all x pipes meant for s550 GT's have 2.25" bits on the ends coming from the cats (front) and 2.5" on the other end (rear). Learned that from when I installed my SR performance X pipe for GT.
Not going to say your x-pipe wasn't 2.25" on the front end, but my Magnaflow Tru-X is definitely 2.5" on both sides...The part you're thinking about might be the fact that it narrows down so it can be clamped into place instead of welded though?

Sponsored

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
Not going to say your x-pipe wasn't 2.25" on the front end, but my Magnaflow Tru-X is definitely 2.5" on both sides...The part you're thinking about might be the fact that it narrows down so it can be clamped into place instead of welded though?
Exactly. Sorry I did not realize some x pipes have to be welded at the front too.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. Sorry I did not realize some x pipes have to be welded at the front too.
So was yours a welded for the front? I'll say I'm kinda confused on how it would work with the clamps if it was a GT x pipe fitting into a V6 exhaust system.

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
So was yours a welded for the front? I'll say I'm kinda confused on how it would work with the clamps if it was a GT x pipe fitting into a V6 exhaust system.
Like I said, mine had a 2.25" inlet diameter, which let it fit with factory clamps. Had to weld at the back because of the 2.5" outlet though.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the relevance of the GT catback to the setup is cut and clamp installation works for the resonator delete and the axle back. Shouldn't be much left of it, though.

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Sorry, yeah I think it was addressed but by the GT OEM exhaust I meant the GT 2.5" catback. And yeah, you're right... Now that I think of it there's not much left. Just a portion of the piping -- call it mid-pipe -- going from the x-pipe to the axle-back mufflers. Everything I have is cut and clamp, and, as far as I'm concerned my x-pipe is 2.5" all around. I know Flomaster makes a 2.25" x-pipe specifically for the V6, which might be where some confusion lies.

Also, yes, I'm on factory manifolds. The headers, even the cheaper eBay ones don't seem to be worth the installation pain IMO given what seems to be any negligible gains they provide.
Sponsored