Sponsored

2015 mustang roush supercharger help

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Recently installed a roush supercharger on my 2015 mustang. I purchased this kit used from a friend, when tuning the tuner wasn't able to tune the vehicle correctly. The excuse he gave me was the throttle body, do I need the roush calibration for these kits?
Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Yes your computer must be sent to Roush,,,, I assume you're finished with installation and car isn't drivable? Other wise a Roush authorized dealer can do it also.
If you need address and more info I have it or PM Kyle@Roush who is a member of this forum.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
The info above is if you want the Roush tune, if you want a tune from say VMP you need to call or purchase their tune and have it sent to you by email and down load it to your tuner. Your tuner is not going to allow you to use his tune on your car.
I don't know what VMP or other will charge but you can prob talk Roush into the $100 update 675hp tune, witch does get you overnight shipping back to you, not a bad deal

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Yes Lund would be a good option also. Just stick with a reputable source. Tunes are kinda like Whipple V/S Roush, do your homework and find out what's going to work best for you. My own opinion is "I like the Roush tune" but I think it is holding back a bit. There is more in there they don't use! They are required to be EPA compliant so depending on your state and vehicle inspection,,,,

Sponsored

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I'd ask you call 800-597-6874 and follow the prompts to our tech dept and speak with Chris or Jake and explain the situation and make sure to specify if you have any items that are not ours.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Highly recommend Lund for such a project. You will not be disappointed.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Recently installed a roush supercharger on my 2015 mustang. I purchased this kit used from a friend, when tuning the tuner wasn't able to tune the vehicle correctly. The excuse he gave me was the throttle body, do I need the roush calibration for these kits?
I would recommend you go with the Lund tune. We have our shop car tuned by Lund. If you have any questions at all about it feel free to ask! Here is the link for the custom tune if you are interested! :thumbsup:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/shop-now/vehicle-selector/ford-mustang-v8-gt/2015-ford-mustang-gt/custom-tunes-1/jon-lund-custom-tune.html

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
So, I received my pcm back from roush but car is still acting up. Code p061b popped up in my scan tool. Anything I try to go wot the car lags and then gerks and drops down Rpm, begins sputtering as if no gas.

Sponsored

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Maybe take to dealer have them do a throttle body re learn?

Also look at the throttle body make sure the blades both freely open.

If need be I have a nearly new spare throttle body I could sell ya

TVS16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang TVS Charged
i am having the same problem, had the S/C installed at alternative auto by Lidio in Michigan, and the car lags very bad and falls on its face at times. My tuner said that i wouldn't be happy with the roush tune because there wasn't enough timing in the tune. This whole ordeal has been a process. Did you get this fixed? I'm pretty sure were in the same boat.
Sponsored