Like me some toggle switches too. :)
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
There is no way the navigation would reflect off that part of the dash at the picture angle.
Doesn't seem that way but that panel does look angled down. I admit the angles do seem to be off.

Could very well be a 50th anniv. plaque. It would be a nice touch.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Brightened and sharpened it

2.jpg
Thanks. That very well could be a anniversary badge/plaque.

Still not a fan of the microphone shifter. If that's my biggest gripe I'm sitting well. Love all the pics popping up today.

NEED MOAR!!!!

Radeyo

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks. That very well could be a anniversary badge/plaque.

Still not a fan of the microphone shifter. If that's my biggest gripe I'm sitting well. Love all the pics popping up today.

NEED MOAR!!!!
With the lip on the left side of the shifter, this looks like an automatic. Ford has always put in funky looking auto "shifters" on these cars.

The Manual will unlikely have it this oddly shaped.

Sponsored

NeedLotteryToBuyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Protege5 & '09 Mazda3
I don't think it's a 50th badge, I just hope it's not one of those airbag stickers you can't remove. That would be hideous.

Otherwise the interior looks great. Massive improvement over the current model. As far as the shifter is concerned, I'm interested in the manual anyway. If you buy the argument that this interior was supposed to be P-51 inspired, maybe it's supposed to look like a control stick.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
With the lip on the left side of the shifter, this looks like an automatic. Ford has always put in funky looking auto "shifters" on these cars.

The Manual will unlikely have it this oddly shaped.
Good point. I kinda figured that. I'm an auto guy so I guess I'll just have to get used to the microphone shifter. MC Free Agent. ;)

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Just on the basis of the admittedly compromised photos, I can say, at this point, I do not like the interior. Materials, fit and finish look great, but I don't like the design from what I have seen so far. The center stack looks awkwardly wide and blocky, and that passenger side dash DOES look like it has popped up, making me want to push it back down. Also, there is something odd about the triangle shape at the drivers side's edge as it comes down to meet the lower dash.

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score
I just hope it's not one of those airbag stickers you can't remove. That would be hideous.
That is my fear as well. It can't possibly be that... right?? No way they would allow a big white sticker in the middle of their dash. I think. I hope!

Edit: The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced that is the airbag. That sticker is coming off.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
That is my fear as well. It can't possibly be that... right?? No way they would allow a big white sticker in the middle of their dash. I think. I hope!

Edit: The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced that is the airbag. That sticker is coming off.
Yep if that is an airbag sticker, I know what my first mod is. ;)

uh-oh

aBROham lincoln
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has four wheels.
I don't think it's a 50th badge, I just hope it's not one of those airbag stickers you can't remove. That would be hideous.

Otherwise the interior looks great. Massive improvement over the current model. As far as the shifter is concerned, I'm interested in the manual anyway. If you buy the argument that this interior was supposed to be P-51 inspired, maybe it's supposed to look like a control stick.
In light of that comment, overall dash center console shape and circular vents appear to cues from the P-51 control panel.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
That interior looks a bit like some Porsche 911s of recent years, especially the center stack with nav screen and buttons.

I am liking the interior a lot better than the exterior. I think it's very nicely finished.

And thank God they moved the freaking cupholders further away from the shifter. That is one thing I hate about my 07 is how the cupholders are right behind the shifter.

Radeyo

Threads
Reaction score
That interior looks a bit like some Porsche 911s of recent years, especially the center stack with nav screen and buttons.

I am liking the interior a lot better than the exterior. I think it's very nicely finished.

And thank God they moved the freaking cupholders further away from the shifter. That is one thing I hate about my 07 is how the cupholders are right behind the shifter.
I agree. The interior is almost spot on from what you would expect from a car in 2015. While there are a few things I hate, there always will be. They have finally fixed so much, such as the ugly plastic on the ends of the steering wheel and movement of the cup holders.

Overall the interior is the best part of the car from what I've seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.