Sponsored

2015 Mustang Questions & Answers

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I've sat in a Eco premium with the soft touch and it felt great. The lower part of the door was still hard plastic and that is no good for the top of the door.
Hey bro... the new stang's interior is on par with 1 & 2-series BMW level of trim. Aesthetics differ, but the materials used are nice... competitive with Europe. Makes sense, since it will be sold there.

Peeps don't really buy Mustangs to impress, but to pound into the ground and give to their kids, to let him rebuild/fix/mod, type-0-car..! So nobody is expecting plush level of materials. So it is initially unexpected when you sit into the car... and let it all sink in.

I suspect, that the GT350, or other SVT variants will have upscale interiors. But that is 2 years from now.

As Tim said: "..and a 435HP GT for a hair over $30K. " .. :shocked:
Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Hey bro... the new stang's interior is on par with 1 & 2-series BMW level of trim. Aesthetics differ, but the materials used are nice... competitive with Europe. Makes sense, since it will be sold there.

Peeps don't really buy Mustangs to impress, but to pound into the ground and give to their kids, to let him rebuild/fix/mod, type-0-car..! So nobody is expecting plush level of materials. So it is initially unexpected when you sit into the car... and let it all sink in.

I suspect, that the GT350, or other SVT variants will have upscale interiors. But that is 2 years from now.

As Tim said: "..and a 435HP GT for a hair over $30K. " .. :shocked:
According to the latest forum talk and bit of other info out there, the GT350 could be here much sooner than two years. 2016 at the latest, possibly a late 2015.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Brian, could you clear up the K-Brace information as it pertains to the GT Performance Pack? Is it under the car on the 'K-Frame' or is it a brace between the strut towers and firewall as the first generation Mustangs/Falcons were equipped.

Thank you!

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brian, could you clear up the K-Brace information as it pertains to the GT Performance Pack? Is it under the car on the 'K-Frame' or is it a brace between the strut towers and firewall as the first generation Mustangs/Falcons were equipped.

Thank you!
K-Brace and Strut Tower Brace are listed separately in the Performance Package and my order sheet. So I am pretty sure it is the K-Frame underneath the car. But we can let Brian answer this for clarification. Although I think I have seen this question answered before.

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
I definitely agree with design. They make the mustang appear so much more sporty. I just wish they were able to do redline a little more aggressively like the standard redline. As well as add in all the extra comforts like cooling and heating. More so cooling. I can live w/out power. I don't really care about weight savings in the seats TBH, that can always be fixed with fixed racing seats if I wanna go down that route.

Truth be told though, if they offered cooling with them I'd spend the extra money and get them.
From what I have read and heard (I have not sat in them personally), the regular seats in the 2015 are awesome from a support and comfort standpoint, and the premier trim leather is up there with BMW and Mercedes easily. Personally, unless I were actually going to be RACING the car, the Recaros actually seem like something of a downgrade seeing as you lose all power features (adjust and memory) as well as heating and cooling. Basically you are paying over $1000 more and from a real material value standpoint, you are losing probably $500 of equipment/features. Recaros just don't make sense to me at all for the way I'm going to be using the car (daily driver).

On a side note I've heard tons of people ask why the Recaros aren't offered on the convertible, and I don't remember anyone answering that. For one, are you really buying a convertible Mustang to take to the track? (I know some people will say yes lol.) Second, have you seen how much taller the Recaros are than the stock seats? They almost touch the roof of the fastback. My guess is that if they would even fit in the convertible, they would look ridiculous with the top down.

Also on the color combinations (why you can't order Red Line with Race Red for instance), obviously Ford does not trust people to not choose color combinations that will look bad, and probably with good reason, especially on the launch car with a bunch of colors that none of us have seen yet. Just TRUST them guys that they know what they are doing, they've been pouring over every detail of this car for 5 years or more. If it isn't available as an option, there is almost certainly a good reason (except for the packages w/Shaker, etc. - the only reason there is $$$!...which is a good reason for Ford...).

Sponsored

BrettB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50th Anniversary LE
When will ALL the LE's be delivered?

I should've worded my question differently-->:frusty:

What I was after...Does Ford plan on stretching out delivery of the LE's over several JOBS (Spread out over the Model Year) or do they plan on getting them all out the door as a Job-1 Build?

I drooled over the LE in person, it had the same door sill plate as a GT, in the info released by Ford it states:
LE - 50 Years Aluminum Door-Sill Plates
Will it be an unique sill plate for the LE or the same as GT?
I would like to know the answers to both of these too! Actually more specifically when does Ford plan to have all the LEs built by?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:bump: for visibility

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
:bump: for visibility
I think Brian jumped the gun on this before he was ready to commit the amount of time it takes to answer questions. Hopefully he'll come back as a regular after the media events are over.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, IMO it's more for visibility of the members to find the answers they are looking for, for the questions already asked and answered.

OP
OP

BrianCotterFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
I think Brian jumped the gun on this before he was ready to commit the amount of time it takes to answer questions. Hopefully he'll come back as a regular after the media events are over.
Hey, I'm doing this in my free time-- I still have a job to do! Specifically, the last couple of weeks have been planning final details for the drive you're seeing coverage of today.

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Hey, I'm doing this in my free time-- I still have a job to do! Specifically, the last couple of weeks have been planning final details for the drive you're seeing coverage of today.
So, how do you feel about the reviews you've seen after the event today?

OP
OP

BrianCotterFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
So, how do you feel about the reviews you've seen after the event today?
We're all very happy. I just got back from sitting with Dave Pericak and a few of the journalists at the program... The feedback that we're being given is overwhelmingly positive; folks have consistently said that the car is a "total winner."

Keep in mind that there will be a ton of articles coming out in the next few days. We have a whole new batch of journalists who will drive the car tomorrow, then several more batches of journalists after that.

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
We're all very happy. I just got back from sitting with Dave Pericak and a few of the journalists at the program... The feedback that we're being given is overwhelmingly positive; folks have consistently said that the car is a "total winner."

Keep in mind that there will be a ton of articles coming out in the next few days. We have a whole new batch of journalists who will drive the car tomorrow, then several more batches of journalists after that.
So, I don't mean to switch subjects but was wondering if you have anymore information about the LE's and if they are all going to be part of job 1? :eek:

OP
OP

BrianCotterFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
So, I don't mean to switch subjects but was wondering if you have anymore information about the LE's and if they are all going to be part of job 1? :eek:
I could guess, but I wouldn't want to be incorrect.

I'll speak with the team tomorrow and see what I can find.