Sponsored

2015 Mustang Horsepower / Torque Figures and Weight Released!

ML

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You can lead a horse to gasoline...

The 2015 Mustang's official horsepower/torque figures have finally been released by Ford!
Has Ford released the fuel mileage for these engines? I'd like to see how thirsty 300 horses get when running four cylinders versus six. And even though I shouldn't care, I'd like to know if the V8 can still do 300 miles on a tank. It would be nice to get more... but 300 is good place to start.
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Really - they aren't that bad in the GT model :)

Probably not, but if it happened, would you have regrets?

I had a 2010, basically the new ecoboost outclasses that engine in everything but sound. It's gonna have similar hp and torque but with torque available over a much larger rpm range and significantly better mileage. Progress is wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a 2010, basically the new ecoboost outclasses that engine in everything but sound. It's gonna have similar hp and torque but with torque available over a much larger rpm range and significantly better mileage. Progress is wonderful.
Not sure about the RPM range since we haven't seen the graphs yet and while I agree that progress is wonderful, that old baby still sounds good :)

Sponsored

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
It should be interesting to see how the turbo responds to bolt ons.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Jury is still out on what you could consider "considerably better gas mileage" with the EB 2.3 I4 over the 3.7 V6. I think once you put the (pedal to the metal) on the Turbo-Charged 4 banger, the Fuel Economy will quickly drop and be more in line with the old 3.7 V6. Time will tell.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
The Jury is still out on what you could consider "considerably better gas mileage" with the EB 2.3 I4 over the 3.7 V6. I think once you put the (pedal to the metal) on the Turbo-Charged 4 banger, the Fuel Economy will quickly drop and be more in line with the old 3.7 V6. Time will tell.
I was referring to the 2010 V8, 315 hp 325 lbft 24mpg highway
ecoboost 310 hp, 320 lbft, est 32-34mpg highway

the ecoboost torque curve will be much more like a V8 actually a bit better than a NA V8 and will dominate the 6 which has to get a bunch of revs to get any meaningful torque. obviously that's my opinion of meaningful based on what i have owned and look for in a vehicle

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
PHP:
Probably not, but if it happened, would you have regrets?
No, I wouldn't have regrets because I can only get the 50th anniversary package on this model :thumbsup:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I wouldn't have regrets because I can only get the 50th anniversary package on this model :thumbsup:
And I likewise would not have regrets if the power went up because this car will be a daily driver and 435hp is a stout engine, and I wanted the model year of the car that recognizes the 50 years of Mustang :)

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
And I likewise would not have regrets if the power went up because this car will be a daily driver and 435hp is a stout engine, and I wanted the model year of the car that recognizes the 50 years of Mustang :)
Same here.... Same reason why I got the Audi... was a special deal fact that it was almost exactly the same as the concept

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Yes, why in the world would anyone have gotten the impression that the '15 GT would outperform the Boss?

http://www.automotive.com/news/1312...ker-than-boss-302-laguna-seca-out-of-the-box/

According to Ford Mustang communications representative Brian Cotter, the new muscle car is being aimed at exceeding the lofty benchmarks set by the stripped-out, pared-down Boss 302 Laguna Seca, a model that doesn't even come with a back seat. Although Cotter wasn't at liberty to give us specific times and figures, he said that the car would sweep the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca bends at a time that would come under its purpose-built predecessor's blistering 1:39.5 pace.
2014 Stingray lap 1:38:28 let's hope 15' Mustang GT lap around 1:38.5 which is only 1s better than the 14' BOSS

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
2014 Stingray lap 1:38:28 let's hope 15' Mustang GT lap around 1:38.5 which is only 1s better than the 14' BOSS
1 second is an eternity...

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
wouldn't it be great if the mustang beat the vette at it's own game? :D I honestly don't expect it but if the stingray only beat the boss by a little more than a second than one could have hopes the Mustang might just tie or beat the base stingray. Although something that i'm a little disappointed about is, they have only "consistently beat the Boss around the track". If it were a second or more, I would assume it would pretty much always beat a boss around the track.

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I was talking about the Torsen used in the '13-14 Track Pack cars as well as the Boss 302. There were a number of reported failures at the drag strip.

I seem to remember this was a posted concern that, like the kids game of Telephone, suddenly was "failures". I don't recall a "number" of failures at all.
Sponsored