Sponsored

2015 GT to replace BMW

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
Tell your parents to keep there money and buy "your" car yourself! You will appetite it a lot more. I bought my first mustang gt 2 weeks before I was 17 and paid it off before I was 18. I always felt great when I could laugh at the people who said it was my daddy's car or said my parents bought it for me. No I didn't sell drugs but waited on a lot of tables, cut a lot of tobacco and mowed a shit tone of grass! BTW I'm only 36 so I'm not that old and I paid $12,500 for my used 95 gt with 12k miles on it. While I'm talking about the old girl, I believe she went 14.3 stock and after some mods I went 13.5 @ 105mph. Damn that car was a turd! Good luck!

I bought my first new Mustang GT when I was 24, people still thought my parents bought it for me. It was a white 1995 GTS!! Started dating my wife shortly after I bought it, she was way out of my league, so of course everybody said she was dating me for my car. Traded the car on a Toyota Tacoma, to shut up all the haters, Married that beautiful girl. 20 years later, still happily married, and we each have our own 2015 white Mustang GT!!

Haters gonna hate, if your parents are gonna help you out, take it.
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Damn you guys in the middle of the country get off easy on insurance prices
Honestly isnt too bad if you're young and insured together as a family. Source: me.

OP
OP

ZNorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 328xi
I talked to sales about the 2015 GT PP they have with over 48,000 miles. They told me that my employee price is $29,743.. What a joke

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
I talked to sales about the 2015 GT PP they have with over 48,000 miles. They told me that my employee price is $29,743.. What a joke
Did you talk to the Sales Manager or GM? If so, screw that. If it was just a salesman or closer, ignore that BS at talk to someone higher up.

Or...the used car manager doesn't know how to buy cars!

OP
OP

ZNorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 328xi
Did you talk to the Sales Manager or GM? If so, screw that. If it was just a salesman or closer, ignore that BS at talk to someone higher up.
Yeah true. I'm not sure that car is even worth the trouble. It has a lot of miles on it and tires for the 19" wheels are crazy expensive and I still have to get some Nokian Hakkapellita's for it if I want to go anywhere in the winter.

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yeah true. I'm not sure that car is even worth the trouble. It has a lot of miles on it and tires for the 19" wheels are crazy expensive and I still have to get some Nokian Hakkapellita's for it if I want to go anywhere in the winter.
Maybe I missed the post, but what happened to the low mileage one they had?

03CobraVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Hi there everyone,

I currently drive a 2007 BMW 328xi coupe with just over 73,000 miles. Lately the GM-sourced automatic transmission in it has been acting up and I'm looking into selling it to Carmax and upgrading to an S550 GT. I'm a senior in high school and I work at the local Ford Dealership and I get plenty of hours there almost every day after school. I found a 2015 GT base model with the 6-speed MT82 manual. Its priced at $24,500 with 21,200 miles on it. Has almost new Pirelli tires all around as well. Link:
http://www.jeffsmotorcars.com/details.cfm?searchvkid=2369189&cftoken=&cfid=403960077 Is there anything that goes wrong with the 5.0L Coyote or anything else on the car? Would I benefit by paying $2,000 for a Ford Premium Care ESP? This is the second car I've owned that I've had to get rid of because of automatic transmission problems so I'm dead set on getting one with 3 pedals. Any help is greatly appreciated!
You might be better off just buying a new one instead of a used one. I've heard and seen some base cars sell in the $27k range. If you could find a deal like that, it would be the way to go in my opinion. If you want the Performance Pack, then I'm sure you'd have a hard time getting one for $27k though. It's crazy how much people want for their 3 year old base cars. They still want what they paid for it 3 years ago. I guess mustangs don't depreciate.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
My bad. Just realized the low mileage one is a base and the other a PP car.

OP
OP

ZNorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 328xi
My bad. Just realized the low mileage one is a base and the other a PP car.
No worries. The low mileage base is 5 hours away from home. I'm hoping I'll be able to get that one but I have no idea how much longer it'll be there... :(

Sponsored
OP
OP

ZNorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 328xi
You might be better off just buying a new one. I've heard and seen some base cars sell in the $27k range. If you could find a deal like that, it would be the way to go in my opinion.
Insurance would be significantly more for a new one though

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
No worries. The low mileage base is 5 hours away from home. I'm hoping I'll be able to get that one but I have no idea how much longer it'll be there... :(
Good luck on it, I hope you get what you want. I'd say go online or call them and get it done, but on a used car you obviously want to drive it first and give it a once over. As for the expensive 19" tires, like they say, you have to pay to play!

OP
OP

ZNorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 328xi
Good luck on it, I hope you get what you want. I'd say go online or call them and get it done, but on a used car you obviously want to drive it first and give it a once over. As for the expensive 19" tires, like they say, you have to pay to play!
Thanks man. I don't think tires for the the 18" wheels are as bad :thumbsup:

03CobraVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Insurance would be significantly more for a new one though
I wonder why the insurance would be significantly more for a new car vs a 2-3 year old car? I've never bought a new car so I have no experience with the matter. I could understand if the replacement cost was a lot more new vs used as to why the insurance rate would be much higher. I ran a quote from Geico comparing a 2015 vs a new 2017 GT and the 2017 was only $8 more a month ($77 vs $85 for full coverage). Obviously your rate will differ from mine, but I thought that was interesting.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I wonder why the insurance would be significantly more for a new car vs a 2-3 year old car? I've never bought a new car so I have no experience with the matter. I could understand if the replacement cost was a lot more new vs used as to why the insurance rate would be much higher. I ran a quote from Geico comparing a 2015 vs a new 2017 GT and the 2017 was only $8 more a month ($77 vs $85 for full coverage). Obviously your rate will differ from mine, but I thought that was interesting.
It should not be SIGNIFICANTLY higher.
Sponsored