2015 GT to replace BMW

OP
OP

ZNorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 328xi
I was working on my buddies S197 tonight and it had a seized rear caliper. Went to the dealer I work for and I got the $230 Ford part for $75 bucks. I had no idea I got that big of a discount being a Ford employee. Crazy!

MightyS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oshh Koshhh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Auto [Ow]
BUY NOW!!!
Pricing seems right.
Nothing like having a fun car when you're 18.

RiP '95 RX-7... that was my fun car at 18
you're damm right! go BUY IT! enjoy it! heck i remember when i was 18 i was riding a bus

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=32031]ZNorm[/MENTION]: I came from an E92 BMW as well. The paranoia of driving an older BMW simply won't transfer over when buying a 2015 Mustang with only 21K miles. Get the car and enjoy the power, factory LSD, and wonderfully simple and reliable port injection. Oh, and excellent choice on a 6MT.

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Dam I was driving one of these when I was 18. It needed brakes bad and my parents said just drive slow and you'll be alright.

rusty.jpg

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Yes, if put into service in 2014 up to mid 2015, 21,200 miles is low considering the average is 15K per year. Depending on who you talk to, the 6spd will last a long time or blow up at any moment. Me personally, never had a problem with any of them. Do your self a favor and invest in some good fluid for it and don't abuse the hell out of it and most likely you will be fine. I worked in a dealership years ago and know for a fact the cost of that service plan is no where near $2,000. If you feel safer having it, have them lower the damn price ! Unless you're dealership is crooked as hell, they should make you a deal on both the price of the car and the price of the service plan. I'm sure you already know this, but unless the used car manager is an idiot, they aren't in that car anywhere close to the asking price. Dealerships make all their money on USED cars, (lowball trade-in price), NEW trucks, and "extras" in financing dept. (warranties, etc. ) Good luck and enjoy!

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
I'm calling bullshit on this for an 18 year old.
Dude, really? It ALL depends on where you live, everything else being equal. I live in California, no tickets, 52 years old and pay more than $159 a month but the kid is not bullshitting us. It's all about zip code my friend! :thumbsup:

OP
OP

ZNorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 328xi
[MENTION=32031]ZNorm[/MENTION]: I came from an E92 BMW as well. The paranoia of driving an older BMW simply won't transfer over when buying a 2015 Mustang with only 21K miles. Get the car and enjoy the power, factory LSD, and wonderfully simple and reliable port injection. Oh, and excellent choice on a 6MT.
Thanks that's Good to know. I want to take my BMW on a road trip but I'm afraid it will break down... Does the manual Mustang have hill start assist?

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Awesome! I've only driven a manual a handful of times and rolling back into someone on hills is what I fear the most!
I like it and was impressed with that option when I test drove my car. People creep up to your bumper and I always hated that feeling of possibly rolling back into them on a hill. Some guys don't like it and you can turn it off.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Thanks that's Good to know. I want to take my BMW on a road trip but I'm afraid it will break down... Does the manual Mustang have hill start assist?
BMW's require regular preventative maintenance beyond just oil changes. After 80k, need to change out the thermostat, water pump, high pressure fuel pump (in the twin turbos), cooling system typically.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Tell your parents to keep there money and buy "your" car yourself! You will appetite it a lot more. I bought my first mustang gt 2 weeks before I was 17 and paid it off before I was 18. I always felt great when I could laugh at the people who said it was my daddy's car or said my parents bought it for me. No I didn't sell drugs but waited on a lot of tables, cut a lot of tobacco and mowed a shit tone of grass! BTW I'm only 36 so I'm not that old and I paid $12,500 for my used 95 gt with 12k miles on it. While I'm talking about the old girl, I believe she went 14.3 stock and after some mods I went 13.5 @ 105mph. Damn that car was a turd! Good luck!

OP
OP

ZNorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 328xi
BMW's require regular preventative maintenance beyond just oil changes. After 80k, need to change out the thermostat, water pump, high pressure fuel pump (in the twin turbos), cooling system typically.
Yeah I know. I just did the variable valve timing solenoids a few weeks ago and I'm hoping to get rid of it before it needs a new WP.
Sponsored