OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Could also be that Unleashed has created a tune to feel faster and more powerful, even when it isn't. Perceptions are everything, and playing with contrasting boost levels can make a car feel fast, even when it isn't.

Anyone familiar with 1980s & 1990s turbo vehicles knows what I'm talking about.....tons of low-boost/lag at low RPM, and then BAM a hit of turbo power that shoves you into the seat. It's actually thrilling, and feels fast as hell.

It wasn't actually fast, but it felt fast when that boost came on, and if you kept it in the narrow boost range/higher RPMs.

And that's what it sounds like Unleashed has done.

Yeah this was what my COBB tune was doing -- not huge boost in lower gears but itd throw you back once the boost hit (in 3rd especially where I experienced my meltdown)

Very fun while it lasted but probably gonna keep the next engine a little more on the tame side (unfortunately)

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Question
I see a ton of mint 18 engines w 11k miles for sale
No 17’s much.

Can I drop 18 into 17 no issues?

If my current engine has fp, do I just make sure to keep current pcm etc hooked up or is there anything needed changing with a new engine drop in

Im sure theres a way but I feel like the general answer is no since they are a bit different.

I hear you though, much easier to find 18's
Sponsored