Nallek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey all,

I have a 2015 GT base manual and my blower motor has been doing some weird things. I bought the car about 2 months ago, have about 35,000mi on it, and this is the first issue I've had. I've only tinted the windows, installed MBRP x-pipe and muffler delete, hardwired my V1 radar detector, dash cam, and wired my JL 12w6. So that is everything done to the car outside of factory, now for a little history of the issue:

I didn't notice any issues right after I purchased the car, but about a month ago I noticed that the blower seems to vary in speed, like speeding up and slowing down intermittently, so I would adjust the blower speed up a notch or to max, and it seemed steady. This issue has been intermittent in itself, and does not happen 100% of the time. This issue lasted until today, 5/6/19.

I had a few errands to run and after 2 stops, I stopped to grab myself a coffee, only to return to my car and the blower motor would not blow AT ALL. Make no mistake, this is not the infamous AC condenser problem I've been reading about, it didn't blow ANY air, hot or cold. I tried turning my car off/on, turning the fan speed off/on, checked the blower motor fuse (it's fine, not blown), nothing worked. I could feel, however, that when I turned the AC/fan 100% off/on, the compressor was engaging on when I turned it back on, just no breeze. I tried all of this a number of times to no avail, and rode home with old fashioned AC (windows down).

When I parked in my driveway, it blew air again! Now I can't express the necessity enough living in the southeast, so I simply cannot have this problem in the summer, and it needs to be fixed (by me or dealer, but probably dealer since its still under warranty).

Do any of you have ideas as to what it could be? I've tried my best to describe in detail whats transpired, and any thoughts/questions are welcomed. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Nallek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Update: issue hasn’t occurred again (yet), but the wavering fan speed issue persists. Issue doesn’t seem to be affected by speed, happens cruising or idle. Not sure if related, but my rear defroster seems very sluggish, I don’t think it is related though.

OP
OP

Nallek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I guess no one knows. Only thing I can think of is blower motor, but it’s working again

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
I guess I would probably hook up a voltmeter to the motor and lay it on the consol. That way you could see if the voltage to the motor is changing when the speed changes. If so, it's probably the fan controller, if not it's the motor.

Abby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I guess no one knows. Only thing I can think of is blower motor, but it’s working again
I had a GM product where the blower motor was behaving exactly how you discride your issue. It eventually completely died and it was the blower motor. Only difference was where I live it was critical in the winter.
Sponsored