Sponsored

2015 5.0 on Fire literally

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The rumor is he had some sort of upgrade on the engine or something that influenced it catching fire...I don't think the owner is being fully truthful here.
Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
The rumor is he had some sort of upgrade on the engine or something that influenced it catching fire...I don't think the owner is being fully truthful here.
Where did you hear that? I am quite interested in the outcome of this given I'm driving a GT myself.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Where did you hear that? I am quite interested in the outcome of this given I'm driving a GT myself.
What is very interesting so far with the 2 fires that have both happened on GT's, nothing has been shared as to what the cause was. One, the car owner had to pay to get his car fixed (seat that burned) and he has since sold it and bought a 2004 C6 Z06 as of 2 weeks ago.

That is odd to me, but I don't work in that industry nor do I have any ideas on how these things are actually investigated and to what extent.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
At a local dealer in the area near where it happened. Since I'm weighing ordering a '16, I was talking to them about issues with the 2015, panel alignments, some noises, etc that people have reported and brought up the big one which was this fire and they replied they heard it was something the owner installed that influenced that fire.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
What is very interesting so far with the 2 fires that have both happened on GT's, nothing has been shared as to what the cause was. One, the car owner had to pay to get his car fixed (seat that burned) and he has since sold it and bought a 2004 C6 Z06 as of 2 weeks ago.

That is odd to me, but I don't work in that industry nor do I have any ideas on how these things are actually investigated and to what extent.
The guy with the burning seat dropped a cigar or cigarette between the seats. It was confirmed owners fault. This one though the OP just dropped off and won't say the status or confirm if it's dealer or Ford (or himself as was just mentioned). it got pretty heated for a while but it would be nice to know what the final verdict was.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The guy with the burning seat dropped a cigar or cigarette between the seats. It was confirmed owners fault.
Interesting. First I had heard the owner confirmed. He posts on some Facebook groups and had still said to this day, it was a fault with the car and nothing he did.

I followed the thread closely at SVTP and even commented a few times but I believe that thread died and was deleted? Will have to check my subscribed threads.

I know a couple guys said they had some inside info but it was never released and I think that is when the thread went by by.

I always assumed it was something like you mentioned above that caused the issues. Every car that guy has owned has broken multiple times. His GT500. His new to him, Z06 is now making rear-end noises in the first 3 days of his ownership...LOL.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Interesting. First I had heard the owner confirmed. He posts on some Facebook groups and had still said to this day, it was a fault with the car and nothing he did.

I followed the thread closely at SVTP and even commented a few times but I believe that thread died and was deleted? Will have to check my subscribed threads.

I know a couple guys said they had some inside info but it was never released and I think that is when the thread went by by.

I always assumed it was something like you mentioned above that caused the issues. Every car that guy has owned has broken multiple times. His GT500. His new to him, Z06 is now making rear-end noises in the first 3 days of his ownership...LOL.
Yah...cars usually don't catch on fire for no reason...usually it's user error but obviously there are rare cases.

Sponsored

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT w/ PP
So user error or dealership error or just car defect? I'm very curious now... I've had passenger side door panel alignment issues. They "fixed" it 2x. 3rd time may be the charm as I could claim the Alabama Lemon Law and get a brand new one. Kinda hoping for the lemon law at this point...

solo0879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Supercharged
When did this happen? Missed that...
I'd like toknow what caused mine then, since everything was done by a tech from Ford. They said faulty fuel line probably. Almost killed me regardless. I now have brain injuries from the incident.
13399.jpg
1474553491.jpg
549503565.jpg
1740791922.jpg
515417119.jpg
1610076783.jpg

solo0879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Supercharged
Dunno. It caught fire while driving down the highway at night. Lost visual, and went into a ditch. Hit my head so hard I'm diagnosed with traumatic brain injury, and have to see neurologist and have physical therapy. Witnesses say I managed to get out, and made it about 100ft before falling face first into a field. Was taken unconscious by ems to hospital. Attached picture of cut to my head they glued shut.
1509352634.jpg
Sponsored