2015 5.0 on Fire literally

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
You are seriously reaching now. That recall means nothing about the model at hand.

This is NOT a 2.3L ecoboost. Therefore, that recall means jack.

Go back and try again, sport.

No. One of them didn't catch on fire.

Again, try again. That point is completely invalid.

If you where a lawyer, you would be starving.
I am very curious who this new user is...hasn't been here long at all and he is surely curious about this post and has a vested interest it seems....Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm
Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I am very curious who this new user is...hasn't been here long at all and he is surely curious about this post and has a vested interest it seems....Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm
I have to agree. I'm going to turn his question around and begin to wonder if he works for GM. God knows they need something bad to happen to Ford to take the heat off them.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6

I have to agree. I'm going to turn his question around and begin to wonder if he works for GM. God knows they need something bad to happen to Ford to take the heat off them.

Neat theories. I just thought the level of derp was getting deeper in this thread.

Ivabign596

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Fair question, but I think I stated I'm just a guy that was seriously considering a Mustang and this post particularly caught my attention. I'm a big believer that you learn more about people / companies when they are dealing with problems than you do when everything is going great.

I'm really sorry that the OP has to deal with this mess, and if you read the OP's updates Ford has refused to do provide any help or assistance (not even X plan pricing), and they even said they weren't going to investigate because it would be too expensive. Since Ford has already issued a recall for 2015 Mustang 2.3's potentially catching fire, don't you think it would be worth them checking this out too? I know this was a 5.0, but recall's are never expanded? Logically don't you think they'd be at least curious?

I also know that Ford could do more, or anything, to help the guy out, and I'm not sure what surprises me more, the fact they won't or the fanboys diehard insistence that they shouldn't have to.

BTW, I have no have no allegiance to Ford, GM, Mopar or any manufacturer (or insurance company). I just really feel that Ford has dropped the ball in this case.

So, take shots at me if you want, but I didn't build or service the car that caught on fire, or work for the insurance company that may be dragging their heels on restitution. I just feel bad for the OP and am disappointed that people could take action, won't.

As I said before we can agree to disagree, because clearly this isn't going to get resolved here...

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Fair question, but I think I stated I'm just a guy that was seriously considering a Mustang and this post particularly caught my attention. I'm a big believer that you learn more about people / companies when they are dealing with problems than you do when everything is going great.

I'm really sorry that the OP has to deal with this mess, and if you read the OP's updates Ford has refused to do provide any help or assistance (not even X plan pricing), and they even said they weren't going to investigate because it would be too expensive. Since Ford has already issued a recall for 2015 Mustang 2.3's potentially catching fire, don't you think it would be worth them checking this out too? I know this was a 5.0, but recall's are never expanded? Logically don't you think they'd be at least curious?

I also know that Ford could do more, or anything, to help the guy out, and I'm not sure what surprises me more, the fact they won't or the fanboys diehard insistence that they shouldn't have to.

BTW, I have no have no allegiance to Ford, GM, Mopar or any manufacturer (or insurance company). I just really feel that Ford has dropped the ball in this case.

So, take shots at me if you want, but I didn't build or service the car that caught on fire, or work for the insurance company that may be dragging their heels on restitution. I just feel bad for the OP and am disappointed that people could take action, won't.

As I said before we can agree to disagree, because clearly this isn't going to get resolved here...
Chiming in here...So if you acknowledge the insurance company is dragging their heels on restitution, why are you blaming Ford for dropping the ball? If the insurance company cut the OP a check in a timely fashion, would you even have an argument against Ford (one fire out of thousands of 2015 GT's and LE's sold already)? Please address.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you admit the insurance is dragging feet. Good for you. Step one done.

Now why should ford provide a loaner car when it's insurances problem? Do they provide a loaner for every accident that a ford gets into? Nope. This is no different *inless proven to be their failt*. I'll come back to that.

And, if upu let one cars possible problems prevent you from buying a particular car, then get to walking. No! And I repeat, no model of car has no major issues. It happens. Bathtub curve.

If an investigation shows ford or the dealeship was at fault, then release the dogs. That one business, either ford or dealeship (remember, two different businesses) would reimburse the insurance company. After that, a lawsuit by the owner could be filed.

Due process. There is a system in place.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If investigation shows that it was Ford's/dealership's fault, then the insurance company will be reimbursed by or sue one of the two since the insurance already paid out OP. OP was made legally whole already, so it is out of his hands now what happens. It is between the insurance and Ford/dealership now about who is truly on the hook.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If investigation shows that it was Ford's/dealership's fault, then the insurance company will be reimbursed by or sue one of the two since the insurance already paid out OP. OP was made legally whole already, so it is out of his hands now what happens. It is between the insurance and Ford/dealership now about who is truly on the hook.

Yep. I actually agree. But the option is still there for the owner to sue.

Unfortunately, anyone can sue anyone in this society. For any reason. Frivolous. But you're right. Once the owner is made whole legally, he need not be involved at all. I know I wasn't once I was paid out, other than allowing access to the car, I was done. (I had bought it back but under the clause that they needed access and I couldn't do anything with it until released. They paid me long before that)

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
All of this conversation and speculation is great stuff but, regardless of whether or not the Insurance company pays off the OP timely or otherwise, he will eventually (probably sooner than later) end up taking a financial hit for something that he has no fault in. The Insurance company will most likely raise his rates very soon.

Does anyone here know the saying "There is no such thing as an accident", even if it was say a fuel line that slipped off, or an electrical connection that somehow miraculously grounded and caused an over current condition, it's been proven time and time again these events were not accidents, either faulty design and/or manufacture, or inept install, or some other human induced factor is always to blame.... and it's not likely the OP designed, manufactured or installed the item or items that led to the fire. He should not be held accountable for item he simply purchased and used in the prescribed manner.

Ford or their Dealership or the Technician or all of these entities need to be held accountable! Unless we're going to say this was an "ACT OF GOD", please...

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
All of this conversation and speculation is great stuff but, regardless of whether or not the Insurance company pays off the OP timely or otherwise, he will eventually (probably sooner than later) end up taking a financial hit for something that he has no fault in. The Insurance company will most likely raise his rates very soon.

Does anyone here know the saying "There is no such thing as an accident", even if it was say a fuel line that slipped off, or an electrical connection that somehow miraculously grounded and caused an over current condition, it's been proven time and time again these events were not accidents, either faulty design and/or manufacture, or inept install, or some other human induced factor is always to blame.... and it's not likely the OP designed, manufactured or installed the item or items that led to the fire. He should not be held accountable for item he simply purchased and used in the prescribed manner.

Ford or their Dealership or the Technician or all of these entities need to be held accountable! Unless we're going to say this was an "ACT OF GOD", please...
Please read comments before you comment on what has been said. It is the insurance companies job to find the at fault party. The OP should not get a price bump and if he does because the insurance company does not do the job he pays them for then he needs to raise hell with them. I did not say it's not one of the other parties financial responsibilities in the end it's just not their job to identify themselves. It's his insurance. the insurance is the only people who would have even had access at this point until they identify the guilty party and then that party would finally get a look.

Sponsored

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please read comments before you comment on what has been said. It is the insurance companies job to find the at fault party. The OP should not get a price bump and if he does because the insurance company does not do the job he pays them for then he needs to raise hell with them. I did not say it's not one of the other parties financial responsibilities in the end it's just not their job to identify themselves. It's his insurance. the insurance is the only people who would have even had access at this point until they identify the guilty party and then that party would finally get a look.
You need to take a deep breath and relax a bit, I did not point you out on anything I said. I'm not sure who you think you are, and how deep your experience is with this sort of thing, but try to not talk as if you are the definitive authority, because you're not! Allow other people to voice their opinions, and leave it at that, you do not have to be right!

ohmy350

Threads
Reaction score
Also chiming in here....on a related subject regarding "fault" and "responsibility", remember when Toyota was going through all of those "unintended acceleration" issues? IIRC, weren't lawsuits being filed between car owners and Toyota? If so, was it only because injuries and deaths were involved? (I'm asking this because I honestly don't know, and maybe people's insurance companies were the ones suing Toyota) and, did this all happen only after the Federal Government stepped in and was able to prove weather or not it was Toyota's fault? Couldn't we just look at past precedent to figure out how all of this is supposed to go down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to take a deep breath and relax a bit, I did not point you out on anything I said. I'm not sure who you think you are, and how deep your experience is with this sort of thing, but try to not talk as if you are the definitive authority, because you're not! Allow other people to voice their opinions, and leave it at that, you do not have to be right!

You need to stop thinking opinion means anything when there is an established procedure and protocol. Your, or anyone's, opinion means nothing. It's not about opinions. Parker isn't stating an opinion. Very few people here know how the system is supposed to work, and that system doesn't work on anyone's opinion. Mine or Parkers or yours included

If he takes a hit because of this, he needs to find a better insurance company to do business with. He shouldn't take a hit unless he is at fault.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to stop thinking opinion means anything when there is an established procedure and protocol. Your, or anyone's, opinion means nothing. It's not about opinions. Parker isn't stating an opinion. Very few people here know how the system is supposed to work, and that system doesn't work on anyone's opinion. Mine or Parkers or yours included

If he takes a hit because of this, he needs to find a better insurance company to do business with. He shouldn't take a hit unless he is at fault.
Still just your opinion! Anyone can sue if they'd like, and in reality until the insurance company actually pays the OP (I don't know if they have) the car is his property or a banks if he has an outstanding loan, and the insurance company cannot stop him from doing anything, unless he lets them.

But I'm so glad you are positive you are 100% correct on everything you state.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Still just your opinion! Anyone can sue if they'd like, and in reality until the insurance company actually pays the OP (I don't know if they have) the car is his property or a banks if he has an outstanding loan, and the insurance company cannot stop him from doing anything, unless he lets them.

But I'm so glad you are positive you are 100% correct on everything you state.
No one said he can't sue whoever he wants that's not the conversation at hand. we are discussing the actual process that insurance companies have to go through after an incident like this. if lawsuits is what you are discussing that is all opinions. We, however, are not talking about that.
And the only reason I "have to be right" is you are posting garbage like it's fact on a public forum and trying to discredit actual facts in the process. Also this whole thing has been quite entertaining for weeks now. I find it amusing when people refuse to accept that just because they don't like something it can still be true.
Sponsored