5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Doesn't @breeves002 offer a fully plug and play? I thought he did...
Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
And why wouldn't people on here get it from him? He is a valued, trustworthy member of the community and has spent a lot of time figuring it all out for us. I know when the time comes, that's who I'm going to go through because of the aforementioned and as a way of paying him back for all his time and effort. Same reason my Sync 3 conversion is from Harness By Hextall. I get there are other vendors but I try and support our members above all; not sayin' everyone has to do what I do.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
And why wouldn't people on here get it from him? He is a valued, trustworthy member of the community and has spent a lot of time figuring it all out for us. I know when the time comes, that's who I'm going to go through because of the aforementioned and as a way of paying him back for all his time and effort. Same reason my Sync 3 conversion is from Harness By Hextall. I get there are other vendors but I try and support our members above all; not sayin' everyone has to do what I do.
The reason why I did not go with him is simple... I do not know him, honestly I do not know any of the vendors. But when laying down $1500+ it is hard to swallow when it is just some guy out there selling the parts. I apologize if he has a store front, if he does I did not see it. Thus why I went with the Hellhorse.

My stuff came in,
I got the following:
1) Digital IP
2) The SCCM with the turn signal stalk and the windshield wiper stalk
3) Set of 3 Switches
4) The IP Surround
5) an OBD 2 dongle and software for the OBD Port to be used with a computer. It is not wireless, it is wired.

I will not be doing the install immediately, my car is in hibernation for a few more months, but I want to make sure the temps are above 50°F, I would prefer around 70°F because I know plastics get more brittle the colder they are...

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I understand and wasn't trying to bash...very smart about the plastic.

Sponsored

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I didn't think you were trying to bash, but you posed an honest question, and I gave the honest answer to why I did what I did. Unfortunately the internet is full of people who take offense for no reason whatsoever, due to the simple fact that it is a media where emotions are impossible to accurately convey. In the end I took no offense to your question.

From my POV, I have done thousands of posts on other car boards, showing people how to do things, and work on their cars, and I have never expected payback or to come to me in return for it. This is just something I enjoy, and I have no desire to get rich off of something that I simply find a hobby. For me, I would rather work my day job and get paid for it. I appreciate what breeves002 has done and I hope he does not take offense that I went and got my stuff on the tails of his work without going to him directly...

kilos550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 2016 premium
The reason why I did not go with him is simple... I do not know him, honestly I do not know any of the vendors. But when laying down $1500+ it is hard to swallow when it is just some guy out there selling the parts. I apologize if he has a store front, if he does I did not see it. Thus why I went with the Hellhorse.

My stuff came in,
I got the following:
1) Digital IP
2) The SCCM with the turn signal stalk and the windshield wiper stalk
3) Set of 3 Switches
4) The IP Surround
5) an OBD 2 dongle and software for the OBD Port to be used with a computer. It is not wireless, it is wired.

I will not be doing the install immediately, my car is in hibernation for a few more months, but I want to make sure the temps are above 50°F, I would prefer around 70°F because I know plastics get more brittle the colder they are...

I just purchased this from them, do you have a pic of everything that is included and also is there any instructions included?
I'm planning on setting it up as soon as it gets here

Cant wait to see it on 2016 gt premium.

Last edited:

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Everything is at home sitting next to my car, waiting for the warm weather to return.

No instructions, I have been watching videos on how to disassemble the dash, and stuff. I have also poured over the thread here on this website, it It seems pretty straight forward. Just take your time. I am considering having my son video the process while I take it apart and put it back together for youtube, but that will be closer to April, unless we get a thaw in February... which I am praying for... I had one day where it was around 50°F I should have done it then.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Start Here: Steering Wheel:
Then Here:

I have not seen a video on the SCCM (the part of the steering column with the turn signal and wiper controls...)

kilos550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 2016 premium
Start Here: Steering Wheel:
Then Here:

I have not seen a video on the SCCM (the part of the steering column with the turn signal and wiper controls...)

Thanks for the videos, I will be needing them for sure.

Sponsored

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Installed and working. It was very easy to do, only took me about 30 minutes. Only thing I'm waiting on is programming it with forscan. You have to make an account on the forums to generate a key to unlock the full settings on forscan. I'm currently waiting for them to activate my account.
20190217_120328.jpg
20190217_140548.jpg

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Installed and working. It was very easy to do, only took me about 30 minutes. Only thing I'm waiting on is programming it with forscan. You have to make an account on the forums to generate a key to unlock the full settings on forscan. I'm currently waiting for them to activate my account.
20190217_120328.jpg
20190217_140548.jpg
30 mins!!!?? Seriously? That easy?

Carnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
20190217_120328.jpg
20190217_140548.jpg
Can give more info on how you replace the radio?
Sponsored