Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That's kind of sad.

You chose the plush model, it was pretty obvious to me that you had two options. Pick the tech if you're older and just want to keep it on the street or get a track pack if performance was more important to you.

You have a few unsubstantiated claims of OPG failures and now all of the OPGs are bad.

If I Bought a tech I would happily pay the 1000-2000 it would cost me to fab up my own coolers.

Like many tech pack owners have pointed out, the tech pack is the superior option because you get the handling of the track pack with the better stereo and for 2-4% of the cars value you can get the cooling system in check.

Selling the car out of pity is pathetic.
This is the same BS argument. The choice was not as obvious as you say. Why would someone think that the GT350 without coolers couldnt last as long at the track as a Mustang GT that doesn't even offer coolers? Had ford been up front with the about 10 mins at the track then I believe a lot of us would had ordered differently.

Yes one way or the other I'd be thinking about modding my car. Rightnow I'm considering a transmission and cooler, but if I had gotten the track model then I'd be molding the radio and reapolstering the seats with leather.
Sponsored

unavailableGT350

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 White with Blue Stripes
For me the money to buy a transmission and the cooler is going to be less than the money to switch to a different car. Part of the equation is how much I like the car as well. Who knows, maybe the day after I buy the track pack transmission Ford will announce a really cool new vehicle that I just have to own.

I really want to get out on the track next year, so I think my best bet is fixing what I have.
Of course if all of us Tech Pack peeps could just have the Nurburgring to drive on and it only takes 8 minutes or less, then that should be plenty of cooling left before it goes limp...

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Looks like whatever high performance SE Mustang Ford has in store for us will be my next car as long as it has all three coolers. ;)

No way am i spending more money on coolers or OPG set on a car that should've come standard with it.
That's kind of sad.

You chose the plush model, it was pretty obvious to me that you had two options.

If I Bought a tech I would happily pay the 1000-2000 it would cost me to fab up my own coolers.

Where's the 'pity' in [MENTION=7523]montreal ponies[/MENTION] post?

What's 'plush' about a 2016 Base GT350? It doesn't even have the magnaride.

I don't know if you experienced the release of the GT350, but as others have noted, truth in advertising was NOT a priority for Ford.

Had you paid MSRP or more for a SHELBY, at the time they were first available, that has the limitations the base/techs do, you might be a bit soured on having to 'happily spend' any $$$$ just to have it perform as a SHELBY.

Just my 2 cents, not looking for a reboot of discussions previously beatened to death here.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Where's the 'pity' in [MENTION=7523]montreal ponies[/MENTION] post?

What's 'plush' about a 2016 Base GT350? It doesn't even have the magnaride.
I was wondering the same thing. :confused:

unavailableGT350

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 White with Blue Stripes
No impact if you don't track it.:headbonk:
I have come to the conclusion I will never track mine. I had the GT Premium Track Pack and never did. I cannot wear a helmet. I can't wear a (silly looking)bicycle helmet. Too constricting. I may be a little claustrophobic. So I will never get the coolers.

Sponsored

choice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 67 Coupe
When the car is cold I do get an occasional vibration noise, but it goes away once hot. I did bend it away from touching anything a bit.

choice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 67 Coupe
That's kind of sad.

You chose the plush model, it was pretty obvious to me that you had two options. Pick the tech if you're older and just want to keep it on the street or get a track pack if performance was more important to you.

You have a few unsubstantiated claims of OPG failures and now all of the OPGs are bad.

Like many tech pack owners have pointed out, the tech pack is the superior option because you get the handling of the track pack with the better stereo and for 2-4% of the cars value you can get the cooling system in check.

Why do you assume age has anything to do with what model is purchased? I didn't have options when i took possession of mine in November of 2015! I was on a waiting list and the first 2 cars came in, both Techs, and one was my color combo, so I bought it. I did like that it was a Tech for the extra goodies, but would have taken a Track also. At that time, nobody except Ford knew the Tech couldn't track like those with coolers. If I had known I would have waited for a Track version. Now they all come with the coolers, hence the bad feelings all the Base and Tech guys have.

I do agree with you that spending 2-4k to make it right is the thing to do, but it's still a bitter pill to swallow. I'm over it now and am looking forward to my tranny/cooler parts to arrive.

- Bill

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Last edited:

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
So, is Ford Performance going to be offering a complete bolt-on cooler set up (without having to buy a new tranny) or not? I thought they were getting close but haven't heard anything lately.

And my Shelby Scoop is back to rattling like a giant kazoo again. It's coming off. And Steeda bar is going back on.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Especially when a non Base/Tech owner posts as if they have any idea or 'know all that' in this thread.
I bought my 16 at the same time as most of you. I looked for about 6 months before finding my car.

Coming from doing hpde events monthly I knew that I wanted the coolers because I didnt want to add them later.

The only 2 things I wanted from the tech pack was a cooling function for the recaros and the better stereo.

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
I bought my 16 at the same time as most of you. I looked for about 6 months before finding my car.

Coming from doing hpde events monthly I knew that I wanted the coolers because I didnt want to add them later.

The only 2 things I wanted from the tech pack was a cooling function for the recaros and the better stereo.
What car were you running at the HPDEs before the Shelby?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

The 'better [stock] stereo' is a unicorn...:D
Sponsored