2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
No more rev hang

ultrahax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Power Pack 2
That's interesting - I wonder what makes your Mustang different to the ones ( including my own ) that are suffering rev hang whilst cold. Mine is bone-stock apart from the PP2.

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
That's interesting - I wonder what makes your Mustang different to the ones ( including my own ) that are suffering rev hang whilst cold. Mine is bone-stock apart from the PP2.
How long have you had it? Wondering if FR modified the tune at some point, and didn't say anything. Can't really complain about my tune. I downloaded about 3 weeks ago

JPMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Downloaded a couple days ago

Sponsored

ultrahax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Power Pack 2
I had mine done March 1st. I just pinged the guy @ Ford Racing I've been talking with to see if he has any word on a fix.

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
Anybody having any problems with water getting onto their exposed air filter as it sits directly underneath the heat extractor vent? I had to drive my car in rain yesterday, and park it in the rain, and had to run into the shop and get some pig mats to place over the air filter. They were soaked by the end of my shift. The filter was slightly moist, to where I noticed a performance decrease. Anybody come up with any sort of solution?

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
I live in Oregon. It rains 362 days a year here (exaggeration but you get the point). I have never noticed water in the airbox or on the filter in the 700 miles I have had it installed. I have specifically been keeping my eye out for this.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Anybody having any problems with water getting onto their exposed air filter as it sits directly underneath the heat extractor vent? I had to drive my car in rain yesterday, and park it in the rain, and had to run into the shop and get some pig mats to place over the air filter. They were soaked by the end of my shift. The filter was slightly moist, to where I noticed a performance decrease. Anybody come up with any sort of solution?
Would one of these help?
Sleeve.jpeg

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
a wet filter will increase performance. ...as long as the filter there your intake air will be high-RH and dense which effectively increases compression.

Water is a non-issue... unless you are putting a hose into your throttle body and opening the valve.

Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
People are simply blocking off the one vent so the water doesn't get in.:ford:

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
mmmm hydrolock

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Finally found the time to install my PP2. Thanks to @96mustang06 for the post install festivities! :lol:

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the process already but if not or on the fence about getting a PP kit here you go:

[ame]

[ame]

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
I live in Oregon. It rains 362 days a year here (exaggeration but you get the point). I have never noticed water in the airbox or on the filter in the 700 miles I have had it installed. I have specifically been keeping my eye out for this.
Hm that's odd, those waterproof mats I laid on top of the filter were thoroughly soaked by the end of my shift.

Would one of these help?
That very well might! Not sure if water would make it through or not

a wet filter will increase performance. ...as long as the filter there your intake air will be high-RH and dense which effectively increases compression.

Water is a non-issue... unless you are putting a hose into your throttle body and opening the valve.
I'd rather be safe than sorry in this situation

People are simply blocking off the one vent so the water doesn't get in.:ford:
Hm do you know what they're using by chance? Or if somebody sells some kind of block off plate?

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Hm that's odd, those waterproof mats I laid on top of the filter were thoroughly soaked by the end of my shift.
Perhaps the surface tension of the water keeps it on the hood until it rolls off wherever gravity takes it. For me that isn't my airbox.

When you put the spill pigs on you basically sucked the water from wherever it was. The pigs did what they're designed to do.
Sponsored