Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Remember, the CAI is from the GT350 which doesn't have those hood vents.

The CAI also doesn't have stored air in resonators to heat up, and a lot more surface area on the filter which lowers the delta p across the element for equal flow.

While stopped, some air may be pulled in through the hood vent, but while moving that area is low pressure (the leeward side of a vertical disruption).
Why do I feel stupid now?

Great info!
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I don't quite get the big to-do about cold air intakes anyway. Technically the OE intake is cold air since it pulls from in front of the vehicle.

For contrast, my 2008 F250 pulls from inside the fender and my C10 pulls from just above the engine inside the hood.

Boilator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Ingot Silver w/Red interior (Navi, GT PP
PP2 Install Update

Folks,

Quick update on my PP2 install from Crossroads Ford, Wake Forest NC. I will give a more detailed one at a later date.

Install took longer than the tech thought; went home at 5PM yesterday before the tune was flashed to the car. Flashed tune first thing this morning and had the car ready by 9:30AM.

No difference in startup, although the car was sitting inside their heated breezeway.

I didn't notice any concerning rev hang, although I thought it did hang once or twice shifting from first to second during my commute to work (30ish miles one way). I though it only hung those few times when the car was thinking I was going to get on the throttle harder than I did.

I did notice the shutdown clunking sound once, when I arrived to work. It sounded like a door closing in a vehicle a few cars away from me.

I'm not sure I can tell a difference in HP/TQ. I always drive in sport mode, but have yet to get on the throttle since the PP2 install.

Lator

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
sport mode doesn't really provide more HP or TQ anyway.

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
wildcat any updates on your situation? Is it driving better now?

Ambrotos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Package
Folks,

Quick update on my PP2 install from Crossroads Ford, Wake Forest NC. I will give a more detailed one at a later date.

Install took longer than the tech thought; went home at 5PM yesterday before the tune was flashed to the car. Flashed tune first thing this morning and had the car ready by 9:30AM.

No difference in startup, although the car was sitting inside their heated breezeway.

I didn't notice any concerning rev hang, although I thought it did hang once or twice shifting from first to second during my commute to work (30ish miles one way). I though it only hung those few times when the car was thinking I was going to get on the throttle harder than I did.

I did notice the shutdown clunking sound once, when I arrived to work. It sounded like a door closing in a vehicle a few cars away from me.

I'm not sure I can tell a difference in HP/TQ. I always drive in sport mode, but have yet to get on the throttle since the PP2 install.

Lator
If you don't notice any changes at all, then something went wrong with the install. There is a night and day difference in power past 3k rpm. No question asked. I would be concerned over the fact it took the dealership mechanic 2 days to do the install, when it can take less than 1 1/2 hrs for the most non-car savvy guys to do. This would make me question if the install was done right.

NowhereFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem. PP, 1999 WS6,2010 Expedition
If you don't notice any changes at all, then something went wrong with the install. There is a night and day difference in power past 3k rpm. No question asked. I would be concerned over the fact it took the dealership mechanic 2 days to do the install, when it can take less than 1 1/2 hrs for the most non-car savvy guys to do. This would make me question if the install was done right.
I doubt that's what happened. I'm sure it went as quick as that, but the writer had other shit that "needed" to be done, for more "important" customers, and the car got pushed to the side.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I doubt that's what happened. I'm sure it went as quick as that, but the writer had other shit that "needed" to be done, for more "important" customers, and the car got pushed to the side.
Exactly, Every dealer does this

Boilator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Ingot Silver w/Red interior (Navi, GT PP
Guys, I knew going into the installation yesterday there was a chance that it would be carried over a day. It doesn't mean they didn't know what they were doing. Truth be told I was their first installation of a PP product for the 2015+ mustangs. I was assured they put their best tech on the job. I inspected the techs work and everything looked good. I think they did a great job fitting me in on a tight schedule and getting the install done in a short period time.

As for not getting on the throttle much, there's a reason for that. A week ago I tore my left calf muscle. Needless to say, driving a standard is a bit of a challenge. I will definitely give another review, but for now I'm just driving it like Miss Daisy.

The important things to note are:

1. No noticeable rev hang
2. No pinging
3. No noticeable sound when shutting the vehicle off

I think the car drives well and I am happy I had it installed.

Lator

Sponsored

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I don't quite get the big to-do about cold air intakes anyway. Technically the OE intake is cold air since it pulls from in front of the vehicle.

For contrast, my 2008 F250 pulls from inside the fender and my C10 pulls from just above the engine inside the hood.
Agree, I was always under the impresssion that the stock intake worked good with just a better filter element on the s550 vs the 4.3 where it was a night and day difference.

LawsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium PP
I believe you'll want to speak with GE, Lockheed Martin, Pratt, or Rolls Royce.

Those are called jet engines. :) :clap2:
Now we need to stop talking about jet engines i just got home from work and would rather not read about Pratt and Whitney engines after dealing with em all day haha

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Now we need to stop talking about jet engines i just got home from work and would rather not read about Pratt and Whitney engines after dealing with em all day haha
That takes me back to the olden days when guys like you used to test engines all night at Nellis. It was like falling to sleep at the sound of wounded elephants with microphones. We had F4's, 105's, and 111's back then. When I finally moved off base, it was hard to sleep for awhile. Later I worked cargo planes at Norton and March, but I missed those chilly evenings working on fighters outside Vegas. But that was another life...see what you did! lol :cool:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Any third party dynos yet?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm scheduled to get one tomorrow morning before I take this kit off. $108 dollars... UG! May just say screw it. I don't really want to spend that kind of money. I was expecting like a whopping $70 tops. Can't find anyone to do it for me this week for that. Arg!
Sponsored