@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I do have the new style separator... the one without the hole on the mount for re-plugging the wire loom. What style do you have?
I also have the new style so that may be what's needed to have the separator fit correctly.
Sponsored

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I also have the new style so that may be what's needed to have the separator fit correctly.
Good to know, I saw a used one fs in classifieds but will opt for a new one.

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
On the new style seperator, if you don't replug in the wire loom where does it go exactly?

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
On the new style seperator, if you don't replug in the wire loom where does it go exactly?
The loom just runs along the same path as it did before... it just is not anchored at the point it was before the separator install. The loom doesn't have a lot of movement to begin with.

Sponsored

antny825

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Quick question guys. what happens if I were to take my car in for service and they reflashed my car? Is it possible with this tune? Do I have to tell them each and ever time not to update it? I would hate to have to repurchase the tune.
Thanks

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Quick question guys. what happens if I were to take my car in for service and they reflashed my car? Is it possible with this tune? Do I have to tell them each and ever time not to update it? I would hate to have to repurchase the tune.
Thanks
The tune can be reloaded from your frpp account so no worries.

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The loom just runs along the same path as it did before... it just is not anchored at the point it was before the separator install. The loom doesn't have a lot of movement to begin with.
Is the design intent to leave it floating after the install or do you need to ziptie or drill a new hole elsewhere?

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Is the design intent to leave it floating after the install or do you need to ziptie or drill a new hole elsewhere?
Not sure what the design intent is as far as securing the cable. I can say that Ford Performance eliminated the hole in the separator in a design update. It would be simple enough to wire tie the cable if one felt it was required. I did not.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
They eliminated the hole I think because if you empty the oil as they instruct you, which is to remove the entire separator and dump the oil, you have to pop out that wiring every time which actually ends up being notable wear and tear on the wires and the little tree clip. Eventually the tree clip becomes useless, as is the case with mine.

Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
They eliminated the hole I think because if you empty the oil as they instruct you, which is to remove the entire separator and dump the oil, you have to pop out that wiring every time which actually ends up being notable wear and tear on the wires and the little tree clip. Eventually the tree clip becomes useless, as is the case with mine.
That's why I don't like that design at all. It is not made for easy emptying. Seems like those screws are going to loosen over time. But I did see a video with a fairly simple way of emptying it. The guy only removed the top and used a large plastic shrine to draw out the oil.

I have a Moroso separator that mounts to the side just off the shock tower. Has a nozzle and a simple valve for draining. All I do is open the valve with a small glass under it. Takes seconds to do. And since Ford hasn't supplied any CARB number for their separator, I don't see any purpose to change to theirs. If one ever materializes, I will reconsider. That was the reason I waited for the PP2, after all. One step forward. two steps back....:headbonk: :headbonk:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You can unscrew the 4 screws and suck it out no problem. I like it because it looks stock and isn't some can hanging from a couple tubes. :)

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
You can unscrew the 4 screws and suck it out no problem. I like it because it looks stock and isn't some can hanging from a couple tubes. :)
Not a can hanging from tubes at all. Brushed metal, mounted out of the way on a steel bracket. Not another plastic box crammed in front of the engine. Which only looks stock, because Ford has gratuitously overused plastic everywhere! lol :D

Battle of the cans has begun! :first: (too much free time :headbonk: )

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Pff... no need to battle. As long as you have a separator, you have my heart... :love:

:doh: