Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
yes it was a serious question about the price. i thought i saw where the price of the manifold was reduced to ~$600.
It was, for about a month. It was an internal mistake by Ford. I spoke with a colleague at Ford Performance. The intake manifold itself is now around $930 under FP part # M-9424-M52.
The Ford part numbers GR3Z-9424-B and GR3Z-9424-C are both over $1400 dealer cost.
So in that light:
GT350 throttle body $120
GT350 cold air intake $175
FP calibration and flash tool $240
Install accessories $70ish

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
yes it was a serious question about the price. i thought i saw where the price of the manifold was reduced to ~$600.
Sorry Keith - I was actually asking a question if it was to everyone else replying. I didn't word it correctly I guess, sorry. I was only asking because it does seem everyone is moving towards the 2nd package rather than the third so was really wanting to know.

Personally I was leaning towards the third package but it is a bit pricy. Probably more so if you let the dealer do the installation. In the end no idea what sort of end result power/torque to what we already have.

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
I'm on the fence with going PP2. Does the car drive like its on "track" mode all the time. Like touchy throttle and feeling the need to keep the revs pretty near the redline. To me that takes away from a daily driven car.

Roush quad exhaust came stock.

Save my money... OR

Or should I just get better tires to replace the Cooper RS3R tires.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'm on the fence with going PP2. Does the car drive like its on "track" mode all the time. Like touchy throttle and feeling the need to keep the revs pretty near the redline. To me that takes away from a daily driven car.

Roush quad exhaust came stock.

Save my money... OR

Or should I just get better tires to replace the Cooper RS3R tires.
Do you DD your Roush? lol

I say do both, take it to the track then have your smile surgically removed. :cheers::thumbsup:

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It's actually not touchy at all. It's when you get into it that you notice it. PP2 doesn't take away anything from the driveability of the car at all. One more reason to buy a Ford produced calibration.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
I'm really starting to love the ford tuning. The flatfoot shifting is excellent. In my ecoboost the cobb accessports ff shifting was it's saving grace for putting down decent numbers at track. But it seemed to have a slight delay probably because the car is boosted. With the Gt it feels so much better. The car feels like it instantly slingshots forward after each shift and its a very smooth transition. Can't wait to get on the track.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Sponsored

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
Ran my first track event with the PP2. 2 days @ Atlanta. I was able to keep up with and stay in front of most of the Shelbys, and was able to run down and pass a Roush R3 and an instructor in a GT350.

Now I have no fantasies about my car being faster than theirs, or having a better suspension or tires, but my point is without the PP2, it is very unlikely I would have been able to do that. It was a different car than I tracked last year, and now my tires and suspension need to catch up to the PP2.

Thank you Ford Racing I think you did a great job at a great price with this setup.

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
Best and most helpful response. Thank you.

Ran my first track event with the PP2. 2 days @ Atlanta. I was able to keep up with and stay in front of most of the Shelbys, and was able to run down and pass a Roush R3 and an instructor in a GT350.

Now I have no fantasies about my car being faster than theirs, or having a better suspension or tires, but my point is without the PP2, it is very unlikely I would have been able to do that. It was a different car than I tracked last year, and now my tires and suspension need to catch up to the PP2.

Thank you Ford Racing I think you did a great job at a great price with this setup.

pstoppani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

This is a bit too fuzzy for me; too many variables. Would have preferred before and after lap times with only the PP2 as the only change.

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
My PP2 has been delivered since Saturday, probably won't install for another week or so.

But I looked at the install manual and couldn't find this info:

What tools do I need?(Like size wise etc.)

Do I need to buy anything else, or is everything included in the kit?(I saw some had to buy a vacuum hose or something)
Sponsored