Sponsored

2010 GT 4.6

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Found a pretty darn clean one for $14K. ~80K miles. The cleanest I’ve found yet. Paint only needs some minor polishing. Interior is as clean as I’ve found on a used car at this mileage yet. Yes, I know finding a ‘11 gets me a coyote, but it gets me the price tag to go with it (with a super clean one). Might be able to get him down to $12, I’d think. I hope.

Is this a good deal? Anything to watch out for on the last year of the 4.6?

I’ve snooped around the other forums but thought I’d check with you guys before joining another forum and all that. Thanks guys.
8E5E4DE7-3F6C-4EC0-A2EF-5A532C97EA06.jpeg
Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do not buy this car. It is worth about as much as a 2011 V6. The V6 is also significantly faster.

I looked into 2011-12 GT for a track car and there were plenty at the 13-15k price point. 18k will get you a mint. Winter time is a better time to buy older used pony cars.

The 4.6 is a great motor though. One of the best ford has ever made. Most likely the highest production numbers also.

I feel sorry for the person everytime I see a GT badge on the side of that body style.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
That car is market priced for your area with slim pickings on cars.com. I would give facebook marketplace a close look see.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I wouldn't touch it tbh, I had a 2010 I bought in 2012 for $16k otd with 6000 miles. No way would I pay that much now with 80k.
20120324_165446_IMG_0539.JPG

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks guys. Good inputs and some good things to think about.

I don’t disagree with anything you guys said, But, here’s some talking points I left out of my original post that I wonder might change this whole scenario....

The car is to be a first car for my kid. So, ‘10 4.6 not the fastest car in the world is not such a bad thing after all. But, he’s still driving a V8 GT which is important to him, and sounds great, right? I’m also only paying for half the car. So in my mind (or at least in my wallet), this is a super clean $6K car! Another factor, we (my son and yes, me) both love the body style.

Another big factor is there’s a budget here. Considering my half, $6K is about the limit. $5K was the limit, but there’s nothing but fu$&ing junk at that price point. I consider myself a waaay above average detailer (Dad was a pro) and this is hands down the cleanest example we’ve found at any price point for a ‘10-‘11. Is it still a little much to pay?? Meh, IDK. Like weatherman said, for the market I’m finding, and compared only to the market (and not what you or I may value it at), it may not be a smokin deal, but it’s extrmely fair.

So, I am totally aware of, and absolute not talking myself into this car (cause I don’t need it), but just checking to see if these items alter your original statements any. If anyone’s got any good deals out there, share them. Otherwise, the market is going to drive us to something other than a mustang.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Well I will say I loved the car, it was a daily while I had my 03 cobra. The only mod was a flowmaster axleback, it sounded fantastic and was quite fun to drive. Plenty of power with the upgrades in 2010, I think they were rated at 325? Not a world beater but definitely enough for cruising and some fun driving. The interior was fairly nice too.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Seems ok to me. Does it have a manual transmission? My main concerns would be driving it and making sure everything worked well. That and maintenance.

I never liked the 4.6 based on its power production, but AFAIK they last a long time. Ford had plenty of time to sort this platform.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yea, it's manual. Auto not even a consideration, LOL. I haven't driven it yet. Didn't have time first look. Will go back for that before a decision. I've got a couple more cars I want to look at, but it's a contender.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Always liked the looks of the 2010 and 2011 Mustangs. Nice car.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
O...M...G...I cannot believe how lethargic a bone stock 4.6 is after living with the 5.2, LOL...Hahahhahaha. But hey, perfect for a first car though!! These guys (in my original pic) want to stick at $14K for that car. Mmmmmm, nope.

Sponsored
OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Uugggg...who woulda ever thought shopping for a dang used car could be sooo difficult.

Drove two cars today. The blue ‘10 in my original post (and I was wrong, it’s only got 60K on it), and a ‘11 with 95K on it. The ‘10 you’re stuck with the lethargic 4.6 but the car itself (chassis, brakes, etc) was rock f$&&ing solid. Super clean in and out. The ‘11 with the coyote had a great motor, but the chassis was no where near as good as the ‘10. It just felt like a rag. I’m certain it was the care and ownership and not the car. Plus it was not as clean or cared for as the blue one. Both cars currently $14. If I had to choose one today, I’d pay $14 for the ‘10 I believe, but that’s just too much for that car I think. Uuggg...I’m just venting.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I enjoyed my 2010 GT very much before getting a 2015 GT. I was quite aware and OK with the power difference. The only thing I had in mine that was concerning was some splitting of the stiching on the driver seat from normal wear and tear. Otherwise, it was very solid mechanically. I never felt "less than" driving this car, and I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
transformation.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Car prices have really gone up. I bought a couple Fox Mustangs in the past for well under $1,000. The last time I was looking at used Mustangs I ended up deciding that the dealership prices were so high I'd probably end up buying new, because it seemed like a better deal to me.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I guess it’s not a bad thing, right? I mean, the comments have been no, don’t pay that, but honesty it’s really competitive, even at $14.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I paid 17k for a loaded 2010 GT with 60k miles with almost every mod in the Ford Racing catalog.

GT500 wheels and tires
GT500 calipers and rotors
Ford Racing (Hurst) Shifter
Ford Racing Filter and Tune
FR500S Mufflers
Ford Racing Handling Pack (Springs, shocks, and swaybars)
Ford Racing Strut Brace

That was 5 years ago, I wouldn't pay more than 12k for the same car today.

After 60k miles my 4.6 3V was burning more oil than a Voodoo is supposed to, a quart a week/250 miles

I was foolish to dump more money into the car, should have pulled the plug sooner.

If you want another reason, someone recently just put up a 4.6 3V for sale with 75k in mods yet is still slower than a 2020 GT500.

The car was great, the engine sucked. Get the 2011+ Mustang GT with the Coyote, it is worth the cost.
Sponsored

Last edited: