1st service milage?

V8 WUU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Have had my new GT for getting on for 6 months now (feels like it was just yesterday!) and done just over 8K miles.

The oil service light has now started coming up on the dash every start!

I thought the service interval was 10K miles or 1 year.

Does the warning just come on a bit early and good to leave till 10K miles?, or should i get it done ASAP?

What milage did you guys do your 1st?

cheers
Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
Have had my new GT for getting on for 6 months now (feels like it was just yesterday!) and done just over 8K miles.

Does the warning just come on a bit early and good to leave till 10K miles?, or should i get it done ASAP?

cheers
If the counter wasn’t reset at the PDI it could be counting from the build date, unless you’ve been absolutely caning the car I’d reset it and wait until the recommended interval, the chances are they won’t reset it then either, most Ford dealers in the UK appear to be pretty useless

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
It is supposed to also take into consideration "driving style".

I've been changing my oil according to the oil life monitor, which seems to be about every 5,000 miles (I try to squeeze in a trackday or two, which reduces remaining oil life quite a bit).

While I don't think anything bad will happen if you leave it for some more miles, I also don't see any sense at all in not changing it now.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10

cheers
It can come on anytime between 3-10k depending on driving , there is a section in your handbook do not just reset it change it , I have averaged 6k miles between changes over the last 5 years

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I had my oil changed after 1500 miles of break-in driving. Again at 5k & then every 5k. I would do this whether boosted or not.

Oh and although slightly off topic.
Ask about the body & paint checks you're required to get with Ford, to maintain your Body & paint warranty.:like:

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
It can come on anytime between 3-10k depending on driving , there is a section in your handbook do not just reset it change it , I have averaged 6k miles between changes over the last 5 years
BA62C395-5711-4855-A823-103E220B3CD1.jpeg
Sponsored