Sponsored

1st Oil Change / Drain Plug Options

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just got an email update from Fumoto that their version of a drain plug/valve replacement for the yellow cam-lock valve will be released mid September.
Sponsored

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don’t know about your experiences but on mine if you leave the oil fill cap installed when you release the drain plug it does not gush out as badly.

I let the oil start draining and then remove the fill cap and the oil flow increases once the cap comes off

Just my experience to prevent a mess !

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know about your experiences but on mine if you leave the oil fill cap installed when you release the drain plug it does not gush out as badly.

I let the oil start draining and then remove the fill cap and the oil flow increases once the cap comes off

Just my experience to prevent a mess !
great tip. i removed the fill cap first and the oil came out real strong. i'll try this next time.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
great tip. i removed the fill cap first and the oil came out real strong. i'll try this next time.
I should have also
Mentioned that the drain pan needs to be placed back far enough to catch the flow when it increases !

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Interesting thing about the filler cap. It's not obvious what's happening there - the driver's side crankcase vent is an open pipe from the crankcase to the clean side of the air filter, so there's no way to create a vacuum in the crankcase. BMW's on the other hand...

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Just got an email update from Fumoto that their version of a drain plug/valve replacement for the yellow cam-lock valve will be released mid September.
yeah got that email too. looking fwd to seeing the final product and pricing.
Yeah, maybe Sept 2020 at best! I called them recently and they said they have no idea when it'll be ready.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@UPRjoe , does the new plug work just like the Ronin? Looks very similar design-wise. Also your instruction download doesn't work at your website.
My first thought. But I’m sure there’s only so many ways you can put a spin on an oil pan drain plug!

Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
@UPRjoe , does the new plug work just like the Ronin? Looks very similar design-wise. Also your instruction download doesn't work at your website.
The UPR oil drain valve has a soft lock against the o-ring and can be opened and closed all in one unit. It simply just screws in and locks in place and all you have to do is just snug it lightly when closing it and when opening it. It installs and locks in place the same as factory. I wanted UPR to offer a simple and yet cost effective upgrade. Lightrules, PM me please.

Joe

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That's gonna be a winner, UPR.

I notice it has two green o-rings while the original (without drain) has one. Any story behind that?

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

I notice it has two green o-rings while the original (without drain) has one. Any story behind that?
I've got one on the way and it's perfect timing since I'm doing my oil change within the next two weeks. I'll see if I can post some pictures and maybe a video too.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

I upgraded it to the double o-ring so it's a much cleaner and tighter fit than the OEM without being able to rock it like the
factory unit does. In my opinion it needed the revision to make it a much better part and not just following everyone else.

Joe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Limited Time Offer: 20% OFF use coupon ( drainvalve ) with any UPR Drain Plug order.

FORD Plastic Oil Pan Fix - Repair. UPR Billet Oil Drain Plugs Replaces the Ford Plastic Yellow Drain Plug Before it Fails.

Click to View Item > UPR Easy Drain Valve
Sponsored