Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
The main point of a valve is that it allows all the oil to go thru a hose. No splash; no chasing a stream as it peters out, etc.. The things you allude to are of little value. Its also why I said Ronin is nuts for not emphasizing that and offering their own hose. The best screw in valves (Femco types) you can't even get one without the hose as a hose is an integral part of the drainer. Fumoto stresses the use of a hose and offers one.
Ummmm I buy literally 100s of Femco plugs for fleets I service because I use them on the vehicles and hook my vac units to.
Femco does not “give” you free hoses. You need the mating coupler because it pushes in the drain plugs valve which is how it opens and drains the oil.
I have 2 of each size of couplers. No sense in buying more.

It’s not hard to lift and hold a drain pan near the oil pan as oil drains.
It’s basic maintenance.
This is why some people shouldn’t work on cars. It’s not rocket science.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ummmm I buy literally 100s of Femco plugs for fleets I service

Femco does not “give” you free hoses. You need the mating coupler because it pushes in the drain plugs valve which is how it opens and drains the oil.
I never said they were free. And if you use them you should know the part that screws onto the valve to open it is called a drainer by Femco. I said that the drainer comes with a hose.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oil-drain-valves.55750/

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
thanks for some good tips for oil change. Had the opportunity today to get the 350 off of the stands & out on the road after the winter hibernation. Fresh oil change & decided to take a pic of the dipstick for future reference as time moves on. Going to log miles & see if Voodoo likes the taste of oil!
IMG_0385.jpg

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Just wanted to throw out there another option that is a huge hit with Mustang and F150 Truck owners.

UPR Part number 3025-01 - - Video courtesy of Parker Performance

UPR FORD BILLET OIL PAN DRAIN PLUG MUSTANG GT GT350 F150 5.0 3.5 2.7

anybody using the fumoto f107 oil drain valve on their GT350 or R? going to be changing out my oil for the first time soon and just wondering if it's worth it or not. I've used fumotos on my other cars but I also know the drain plug on the Shelby is pretty easy to turn and pull out. anyway if anybody has any thoughts on this or experience with the fumoto on the Shelby please chime in.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
anybody using the fumoto f107 oil drain valve
Just wanted to throw out there another option that is a huge hit with Mustang and F150 Truck owners.

UPR Part number 3025-01
Unfortunately, that UPR part is NOT a valve.

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

UPR Part number 3025-01 - - Video courtesy of Parker Performance

good to see a nice OEM replacement option. while not a valve, the quality of this looks excellent. thanks UPR.

TRS7139

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not for nothing but may I assume you guys know the OEM plug in the vid is not the same as the 350 which requires no “pull” and does, in fact lock down fairly tight ?

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Not for nothing but may I assume you guys know the OEM plug in the vid is not the same as the 350 which requires no “pull” and does, in fact lock down fairly tight ?
UPR Billet Aluminum with magnet drain plug for the 18-19 Mustang GT & 16-19 GT350 from UPR Products.

We have a ton of 350"s that use this plug as it works for all the Ford Plastic drain plugs.

The truck plug is different looking as well. But the actual cam lock is the same on all of them.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...18-19-mustang-gt-16-19-gt350-oil-pans.112156/

Joe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
good to see a nice OEM replacement option. while not a valve, the quality of this looks excellent. thanks UPR.
Thank you for the compliment as we have already had this designed as a drain valve before it was released and decided not to. We went through a lot of testing with different vehicles and found the valve to be restrictive for oil and the guys that had thicker sludge in the oil from age would have flow issues and just ended up removing the entire plug to drain the oil completely. Also, the height of the valve in the plug leaves a bit of oil in the pan that you ultimately have to remove the plug anyways to fully drain.

Lastly with the added cost and for the drain valve to the end user did not make sense. But it's a huge market and I can see all the options available being used. I just wanted to be sure we hit our target market and delivered an exceptional product for a very affordable price. For anyone interested in the UPR Magnetic Drain Plug system you can PM me and I'll set you up with a deal.

Thank you, Joe

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought a Fumoto & hose, didn't see the UPR product.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I just bought a Fumoto & hose, didn't see the UPR product.
You have a Fumoto valve? In your hand? That replaces the yellow cam-lock style drain plug? If so, please post pics cause they're supposedly not available. Fumoto sent out notifications they're developing something, but not out yet. Or does your car still have threaded drain plug? (you do know you're in the GT350 section, right?)

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry guy's I have a Coyote motor, the valve is still in transit. I just want to change my own oil easier.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sorry guy's I have a Coyote motor, the valve is still in transit. I just want to change my own oil easier.
Ahhh, in that case...You are about to receive a valve with some random type thread on it, like a normal drain plug. Why they list parts for the car (especially when they know what we have since they are working the project) is beyond me. I did the same thing a while back.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ahhh, in that case...You are about to receive a valve with some random type thread on it, like a normal drain plug. Why they list parts for the car (especially when they know what we have since they are working the project) is beyond me. I did the same thing a while back.
FWIW His sig says he has a 2016.
Sponsored

Last edited: