You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hot DAMN those look SPECTACULAR, Jaime...I GOTTA get some! WOW, what a HUGE difference and I TOTALLY agree on the historic use from the factory. Who knows why they didn't but they clearly SHOULD have.

Can't stop looking at that side shot, man. Gorgeous. (and BTW, if you want any of those shots for posterity purposes, email me the originals and I'll fix that haze from the sunlight.) <smile>

PS - Pretty easy install?
Thanks buddy, and I will be sure to send you the originals.

So, I had them installed by the guy who did the PPF. Had my car not been filmed, I would have done it myself. That said, in an effort to cut the bare minimum amount of PPF, I only had the fender portions installed.

I was told they went on very easily. Also, they are thinner than the OEM vinyl, so the PPF that was applied over them looks perfect.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime et al: I forgot to mention a couple things...

First, while wiping out the engine bay after the wash, I saw one of the tray screws sticking way out. Grabbed the torx set and attempted to drive it in but it wasn't going anywhere. MOF, it took all my umph pressing hard, to get it to break loose. When I got it out, it was obviously partially stripped and when looking in the hole I saw what I expected, it was out of alignment. I image the trays and the vent come as one piece to install so this probably happened elsewhere but clearly, someone said "screw it." (no pun intended.) :-)

Und zo, I'm gonna have to loosen 'em all, get it set properly, and tighten her back up. If this T25 won't work, I'll get a replacement.

SURE thought about those MAGNETS, Jaime! Too cool.

Here's the screw...

upload_2020-7-11_20-29-51.png

Secondly, with the wheels off, I opted to clean the front calipers and touch up some nicks. When I got my head behind the darn thing I about soiled my drawers...those were THE LARGEST TORX bolts I have ever SEEN. (I gotta get a ratchet set of torx, been meaning to do that for years,) but you can bet there isn't one THAT size in any "set." <grinning> I'd never taken a close look at those pads, either. Heck, they're just as monstrous as the calipers and rotor. Amazing.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Today was the day to have the GT500 fender stripe installed. I think it should have come this way from the factory. I Don't know why they chose this time not do it this way? Pretty sure every other year GT350 or GT500 that came with side stripes had the corresponding markings.

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1529.JPG
Absolutely amazing!
From the wheels to the side stripes and tint, you nailed it man!
Really impressive.
-J

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely amazing!
From the wheels to the side stripes and tint, you nailed it man!
Really impressive.
-J
Much appreciated, thanks bimini :beer:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime et al: I forgot to mention a couple things...

First, while wiping out the engine bay after the wash, I saw one of the tray screws sticking way out. Grabbed the torx set and attempted to drive it in but it wasn't going anywhere. MOF, it took all my umph pressing hard, to get it to break loose. When I got it out, it was obviously partially stripped and when looking in the hole I saw what I expected, it was out of alignment. I image the trays and the vent come as one piece to install so this probably happened elsewhere but clearly, someone said "screw it." (no pun intended.) :-)

Und zo, I'm gonna have to loosen 'em all, get it set properly, and tighten her back up. If this T25 won't work, I'll get a replacement.

SURE thought about those MAGNETS, Jaime! Too cool.

Here's the screw...

upload_2020-7-11_20-29-51.png

Secondly, with the wheels off, I opted to clean the front calipers and touch up some nicks. When I got my head behind the darn thing I about soiled my drawers...those were THE LARGEST TORX bolts I have ever SEEN. (I gotta get a ratchet set of torx, been meaning to do that for years,) but you can bet there isn't one THAT size in any "set." <grinning> I'd never taken a close look at those pads, either. Heck, they're just as monstrous as the calipers and rotor. Amazing.
Yah buddy, someone "screwed" up, haha.

You should be able to repair that screw, either with a file, or die. I am more wondering what the nutsert thread looks like.

I put some magnets on the non painted rain tray today, and I will drive with it on tomorrow to see if it stays in place. I will keep you posted.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
You were reading my mind about using a die to rethread it, gonna try that in the ayem.

I bet the new tray holds every bit as well as the other.

So, what size are those two caliper Torx bolts...like T250 or something? :-)

<Change of Subject> hence to be <COS>...

While taking a much needed break today after washing and waxing my Sarah, I realized had my phone with me. (Apple Music playlists via Sonos Wifi,) Took a seat on the garage floor and when I leaned against the wife's car, I saw my reflection. Thinking it looked pretty darn clear for just two sessions with the polisher, I snapped an image. :-)

upload_2020-7-11_21-27-40.png

That's a "Dog Pound" Cleveland Browns shirt, BTW for you Northern Oh High Yo folks, but the orange gets washed away by the red. :-)

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
From an Indy Colts fan living in Ohio, I appreciate that shirt :)
Paint looks great, so many fine options that look killer on these.
I had a good view of most on Thursday.
Enjoy them guys, for now I’ll be jealous!
If I had to order today, I think it’d be black roof stripeless Performance Blue, with hard consideration of adding those side stripes Jaime made.
-J
32D9085A-A882-483D-95C8-FB0EA44F8B33.jpeg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There isn't. T60 works for both.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back that up....the wife is constantly reminding me how she is always right. Unwilling to give up my man card, I reside on the couch during the evening hours.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Well, I think the magnets are a go. They grab and hold the rain tray very well. Installation and removal is a breeze.

I have a non painted rain tray that I am going to put some magnets on as well. i will test drive with it in place, incase it doesn't stay, so i don't ruin the painted one. I can't be positive, but I would like to think the air current under the hood is going to help hold the rain tray in place, not pull it off, but we shall see.

My intention was to not drive with this in place, but to use it when washing the car, or showing the car. I do however want to know if it will hold while driving.

The magnets & VHB double sided dots are rated to 300º

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

My little assistant helped by recording a short video of how it works. Please disregard the COVID 20 I gained :shock:

Hmm. I have to do this now. Not because i actually drive with rain tray installed, all my data suggests its faster w/o. However, for r simplicity sake of washing the car, just slap it up and pull.it off when done.
Excellent idea