Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Mystique
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
This happened to me today. In drive, at a stop sign in wet mode - stalled when crossing the intersection. This has never happened before, glad to have found this thread - thank you all for sharing your issues, and my condolences for your problems (and COVID, hope all is well.)
Our is a 2019 GT premium PP1, Injen CAI, Borla Switchfire. We consistently get the Kahu/FordPass notifications low voltage (11.7v-12.6v.) We run only 91 octane, 11,475 miles. Hadn't planned to take her to the dealership until reading these posts.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
I would get
This happened to me today. In drive, at a stop sign in wet mode - stalled when crossing the intersection. This has never happened before, glad to have found this thread - thank you all for sharing your issues, and my condolences for your problems (and COVID, hope all is well.)
Our is a 2019 GT premium PP1, Injen CAI, Borla Switchfire. We consistently get the Kahu/FordPass notifications low voltage (11.7v-12.6v.) We run only 91 octane, 11,475 miles. Hadn't planned to take her to the dealership until reading these posts.
Any thoughts?
Took my dealership in 3 times for the issues first visit they change out my cam phasers and it didn’t fix it 2nd time they did a retune update for my roush tune (didn’t fix it than) 3rd visit they cycle the vct solenoids 10 times to clear debris didn’t solve the issue right away i had stalling and rough idles but than i filled up my engine coolant to max I haven’t had the issue since lol it can be anything but definitely get it check it out if it happens frequently because these issues are intermittent for me Atleast it’s been running fine for me since jan 15 so I’m not sure if cycling the vct and filling up my engine coolant fixed it since it would happen to me once every other month or multiple times within a week this issue is weird but common on the 18-some 19 apparently the 20+ are fine

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Glad I found this thread....so this happened to me a couple of days ago (Saturday), the car stalled at a light ("accessory is on" indicator came on the dash) but I didn't think much of it other than, ok maybe it was user error on my part. But then a couple of lights later as I'm turning onto a street, I downshifted and the car stalled again with the same accessory is on message. Luckily, I was able to start the car while still rolling as I'm turning.

Mine's a 21 GT which I just picked up 2 weeks ago, brand spanking new factory ordered, with under 500km on it (~310 miles). I'll continue to monitor the situation and if it comes up again, I'll bring it to the dealership.

So fuel rail pressure sensor seems to be the likely culprit here?

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think there could be a couple different issues at work here. I have a 2019 GT manual and not long after I took delivery i was slowing down to stop at a light and the car just shut off. Fires right back up, no rough idles, no RPM fluctuation just dies. I've had it happen a total of 4 times since new but it hasn't happened for over a year now thankfully!

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think there could be a couple different issues at work here. I have a 2019 GT manual and not long after I took delivery i was slowing down to stop at a light and the car just shut off. Fires right back up, no rough idles, no RPM fluctuation just dies. I've had it happen a total of 4 times since new but it hasn't happened for over a year now thankfully!
that’s exactly what happened with mine! Some would suggest that it’s the car calibrating when it’s new (which I find BS) but hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

brought the car into the dealership today snd of course all they did was scan for codes and reflashed the computer, and asked me to continue to monitor which I will do for sure.

Sponsored

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yup, dealer told me the same thing. No codes, nothing to go off.
I don’t believe the calibration idea either but it hasn’t happened in the last 30,000kms so who knows.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, dealer told me the same thing. No codes, nothing to go off.
I don’t believe the calibration idea either but it hasn’t happened in the last 30,000kms so who knows.
well fingers crossed for both of us bro!

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Yeah it’s a weird intermittent issue if anyone ever solves the issue let me know. I was thinking of getting into a 2020-2021 but now that some of you 20+ reported getting the same issue it maybe risky

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So today I had the same issue about 8 days after the first time it happened last Saturday....definitely happened on deceleration.

The only thing the dealer said on Wednesday after they scanned for codes, was that there was a code for Active shutter grill sensor, which doesn't sound like much but I do wonder if that could be the culprit?

Paul G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1
Just had my 2019 10r80 stall earlier today for the first time, 10k miles.

Cold start, reversed down my driveway just fine then went to reverse back up it to turn my car around and on my way up the driveway I tapped the throttle barely and it just stalled.

Not sure if I didn't let it warm up enough plus the extra load reversing up a slight incline or what.
If it happens again I'll let you know.

Sponsored

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt

Cold start, reversed down my driveway just fine then went to reverse back up it to turn my car around and on my way up the driveway I tapped the throttle barely and it just stalled.

Not sure if I didn't let it warm up enough plus the extra load reversing up a slight incline or what.
These issues are intermittent it going to come back sooner or later my 19 stalls , rough idles , rpm fluctuate

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah thanks man - keep us posted.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These issues are intermittent it going to come back sooner or later my 19 stalls , rough idles , rpm fluctuate
Sounds like your car has a different issue? Have you brought yours in to the dealership for them to diagnose?

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Could it be the idle air control valve causing this? Has any one got there iacv checked out?

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could it be the idle air control valve causing this? Has any one got there iacv checked out?
My buddy mentioned the same thing for mine, and I asked the dealership to check it but naturally, they didn't. My car is barely 2 months old so I'm not going to get this checked myself, but what I did do was a KAM reset almost 3 weeks ago.
Sponsored