Sponsored

'18 Rear Deck Panel - the same as the '15 - '17?

OP
OP
hawkbox

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
FWIW, the 15-17 decklids do not just swap onto 18 years! (but it does look like 18s will easily swap onto earlier models) there are extra tabs and posts for mounting on the "older" deck lids...
So you know - the '18 deck has the holes for the old deck lid - they are under little black plastic stickers there to seal the holes up. I just used a sharp knife and poked 'em through. Wasn't a big deal and my FRPP Blank Lid looks great on my CR '18. Lined up just as the factory one did. The '18 lid just has 2 less posts.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Do we have an lmr discount code? i wanna order the one from there.

Edit...nvm found one

Last edited:
OP
OP
hawkbox

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
This. Had to trim the extra tabs to fit 18 Convertible.
Did your trunk lid not have 2 black patches over the holes for the tabs? Mine had 2 metal stickers that covered the extra 2 holes - I just poked through them and my lid fit fine......no cutting of tabs or modifying. Went right on..

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
Did your trunk lid not have 2 black patches over the holes for the tabs? Mine had 2 metal stickers that covered the extra 2 holes - I just poked through them and my lid fit fine......no cutting of tabs or modifying. Went right on..
Totally blank. Maybe because it's a convertible :shrug:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Tempted to change out my blank FR part for the '18, I like the character line....

Ruby Redbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
Sorry for the bad cell phone picture, but my garage is pretty dark. It doesn't look like my deck panel is off, I actually think it's my taillights...

That said, I think the blank deck lid looks 10x better! Would also prefer to take off the 5.0 emblems and the front pony, here's to looking at a bullitt grill.
voJUv9Y.jpg
rdJX3yK.jpg

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Hate to bring up an old thread, but I just got a new '18+ Ford Performance blank panel and the finish isn't the "perfectly" smooth black that the original panel is. Really noticeable when comparing it to the tail light trim. Anyone else have this problem?

20181210_135819.jpg

20181210_135819b.jpg

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
hard to tell from the pics.... but i wouldnt worry too much about it to be honest, bc that plastic is so soft anyway, its going to scratch like crazy when you open and close the trunk :p
Sponsored