Sponsored

'18 Rear Deck Panel - the same as the '15 - '17?

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
It looks the same. Just a blank decklid. I received the mp concepts one a few weeks ago and sent it back.You can put surface scratches in the gloss just by rubbing your finger on it. Swirl city after a few washes
That's why you want to buy the one from Ford Racing. You really can't beat original quality.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Hereā€™s a few more angles of the ā€˜18 Ford Racing Decklid on a 2017
Nice, thanks for the additional photos. I've got a Howler emblem I want to use, of course, I need a blank decklid and I've been back and forth on the MY18 variant (vs. waiting on used or an MP part).

I'd prefer OEM, but I just wasn't 100% on the the extra little horizontal indention, but I'm actually starting to dig it (if I'm going with something "custom", why not make it extra visibly different vs. stock).

:cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
^ No prob fellas!

Fitment is spot on and really snug because I had to remove the damn thing after I flipped it in since I didnā€™t realize the bottom ā€œhookedā€ into the trunk lol.

I wasnā€™t into the accent lines in the decklid at first, but after I saw it on a car in person, I realized it actually looked good.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
attachment.jpg

Is it just the angle, or does the top lip part of the 2018 deck lid look different than the 2015-2017 angle?

Looks off to me where the tail light meets the deck lid.

Also... is the gap larger than the one 2015-2017 unit between the tail light and the deck lid?

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
attachment.jpg

Is it just the angle, or does the top lip part of the 2018 deck lid look different than the 2015-2017 angle?

Also... is the gap larger than the one 2015-2017 unit between the tail light and the deck lid?
I installed mine last month and I noticed a larger gap on one side..I may to reinstall but there is a noticeable gap when I in stalled the 18 on my 15 GT.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I just installed the 2018 decklid on my 2016. It fit like a glove!

JR
Damn had the old blank decklid clear wraped and ready to put on the car with the badge in the spring. Looks like i may be selling. Love the accent line.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
attachment.jpg

I didnā€™t check it out when I first installed it, but I think that edge got a little ā€œmoddedā€ when I was hulking it off to slide the bottom clips in lol.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I think that's luck of the draw with alignment from the factory. One side on mine is much larger than the other but the shop didn't want to make it worse when I took it in and if they don't trust themselves, I surely wouldn't either.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Damn had the old blank decklid clear wraped and ready to put on the car with the badge in the spring. Looks like i may be selling. Love the accent line.
Lemme know if you do. I've been waiting for an old Ford Racing panel to pop up online

pmatio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018/ 6MT/ Lightning Blue
Anyone of the 18' GT owners want to sell the 18' stock GT rear panel? I want this so bad :D

Ruby Redbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
You can't really see it very well on this picture, but the gap between the decklid and the tail lights is pretty big on my 2018. I can't remember it ever being this big on my 2016.

The blank 2018 ford performance decklid just arrived and I'll take some better before/after pictures when I get it installed this week.
iFfKr4E.jpg

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
FWIW, the 15-17 decklids do not just swap onto 18 years! (but it does look like 18s will easily swap onto earlier models) there are extra tabs and posts for mounting on the "older" deck lids... i know because i just tried to install one last night. did not feel like chopping off the extra tabs (also wanted to not have accent lines, but now ill have no choice). also, whatever brand i got, looked like garbage.

the finish was no where near the same as factory, as far as the smoothness of the black plastic. it looked cheap, like i painted it with dollar store paint or something....

additionally, i will be selling my OEM deck lid from my 18 with the pony on it, in case anyone is interested! just have to swap out with the ford performance deck lid first from american muscle
Sponsored