Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
I have yet to see a 2017 with Lock-outs Diagram if anyone has a pic of their 2017 set up with lock outs and no codes showing, don’t be shy and share with us.
Scroll though to about the 25 minute mark

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
^ That's a good video ... could've used it when I did my F150 mani over the past weekend.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey Guys update to my 2018 build. I got the car dyno'd at Ford Nationals and the car put down 454 whp and 396 wtq with the 2018 manifold. I sent Lund my data logs and they told me the car was running very healthy and there was no need for a revision. Still no drivability issues whatsoever with the IMRC's locked out.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys update to my 2018 build. I got the car dyno'd at Ford Nationals and the car put down 454 whp and 396 wtq with the 2018 manifold. I sent Lund my data logs and they told me the car was running very healthy and there was no need for a revision. Still no drivability issues whatsoever with the IMRC's locked out.
That's great news! Who is the person reviewing your logs?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
corrected Dyno numbers? nice.

Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Wow!

Great numbers and great video there as well.

Ok. Realistically speaking, what will an auto with intake and tune pick up powerwise? Is the verdict to just lock them out or keep the IMRCs functional? Peak gains as well as gains / loses throughout the RPM range? What are ideal shift points as well?

Can’t beat the price!

Thanks!

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is interested in a set of IMRC harness adapters and the Y harness from EODTech I have mine for sale. Got them from a member with injectors and the manifold but will be running lockouts instead. Shoot me a PM. **SOLD**

SQ

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Is the verdict to just lock them out or keep the IMRCs functional? Peak gains as well as gains / loses throughout the RPM range? What are ideal shift points as well?
Keep in mind he has a '15 Perf Pack car - I think the consensus is 3.73 gearing + manual, no IMRC is pretty much a non-issue (probably for all manuals).

I think where it gets a little questionable is autos, especially running 3.15s (I see you have 3.55s). The change in the low end, combined with the transmission hunting around for a gear might be a little funky.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Wow!

Great numbers and great video there as well.

Ok. Realistically speaking, what will an auto with intake and tune pick up powerwise? Is the verdict to just lock them out or keep the IMRCs functional? Peak gains as well as gains / loses throughout the RPM range? What are ideal shift points as well?

Can’t beat the price!

Thanks!
I agree with MaskedRacerX. The issue will be with power down low.

But, if you watch Yolodouchbag's video about this on Youtube, he mentions that you most likely won't even feel the loss down low. You'll feel the slight loss of power if you punch it in 5th or 6th, which doesn't matter because you're not racing in those gears.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind he has a '15 Perf Pack car - I think the consensus is 3.73 gearing + manual, no IMRC is pretty much a non-issue (probably for all manuals).

I think where it gets a little questionable is autos, especially running 3.15s (I see you have 3.55s). The change in the low end, combined with the transmission hunting around for a gear might be a little funky.
I'm auto, getting intake on Sunday. Been told by Tony @ Tuners Inc, and Adrian [MENTION=18434]MAK[/MENTION] that there is no noticeable loss down low on auto cars. I will report back with results soon! :gossip:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Scroll though to about the 25 minute mark

Why do the dynos start so high? Possibly trying to hide the fact of a good power loss below 4.5k rpm??

Why don't they start the pulls at 2k?

They start the 18 manifold at even a higher rpm, possibly to hide the loss down low and make it seem like it's only gains. I've yet to see a good dyno before / after on the same dyno and conditions.

Just my thought on it. 94 pages in this thread, you think with all the hype dyno sheets would be all over the place. But they aren't, it's mostly smoke, mirrors and butt dynos.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm auto, getting intake on Sunday. Been told by Tony @ Tuners Inc, and Adrian [MENTION=18434]MAK[/MENTION] that there is no noticeable loss down low on auto cars. I will report back with results soon! :gossip:
Sweet, can't wait to hear about your results. :cheers: