2016 Mustang GT

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone post up diagram of vacuum routing? My mech is having a hard time with it.

nevermind we figured it out together :headbang:"]
2018_intake_installed_1.jpg

"]
2018_intake_installed.jpg

pics of it on. We also installed LU 47 # injectors (they are noisy!), 170 degree thermostat & Velossa Tech Big Mouth(no Dremel so had to cut the honeycomb with handsaw, not easy, tired me out lol).

first impressions there was slight hesitation down low on initial drive after loading tune. Let the car rest, put the big mouth's on. Car had no hesitation or anything on the way home. Guess it needed a little bit to sort the new tune out. Its definitely not as torquey down low compared to the F150 intake but boy does it want to run. Power is more smooth, rpm's climb faster. Not sure how much faster because its only SOTP and just 43 miles so far.

PS.Yes my engine bay is beyond filthy, its been wet the last few weeks in Flo Rida.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
nevermind we figured it out together :headbang:"]
2018_intake_installed_1.jpg

"]
2018_intake_installed.jpg

pics of it on. We also installed LU 47 # injectors (they are noisy!), 170 degree thermostat & Velossa Tech Big Mouth(no Dremel so had to cut the honeycomb with handsaw, not easy, tired me out lol).

first impressions there was slight hesitation down low on initial drive after loading tune. Let the car rest, put the big mouth's on. Car had no hesitation or anything on the way home. Guess it needed a little bit to sort the new tune out. Its definitely not as torquey down low compared to the F150 intake but boy does it want to run. Power is more smooth, rpm's climb faster. Not sure how much faster because its only SOTP and just 43 miles so far.

PS.Yes my engine bay is beyond filthy, its been wet the last few weeks in Flo Rida.
Which intake (F150, 2018) do think you'll be most happy with over time?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which intake (F150, 2018) do think you'll be most happy with over time?
Thats a toughie. Prob f150 for everyday driving but am trying to maximize 1/4 mile potential right now. Car is smoother now, throttle feels lighter. The torque from f150 is an immediate hit. Now it has to wind up a little bit more to get that feeling but when it winds it goes quick.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine on this afternoon with the 52lb injectors and 170 thermostat. Definite improvement in drive ability/throttle. Always felt the throttle was too sensitive on my Lund tune (even after Jon Jr adjusted it some) feels much more like stock (which is what I wanted) pedal in normal mode now. Pulls smooth, idles perfect and definitely noticeable in the upper RPM range. Worth the cost of the mod for sure.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine on this afternoon with the 52lb injectors and 170 thermostat. Definite improvement in drive ability/throttle. Always felt the throttle was too sensitive on my Lund tune (even after Jon Jr adjusted it some) feels much more like stock (which is what I wanted) pedal in normal mode now. Pulls smooth, idles perfect and definitely noticeable in the upper RPM range. Worth the cost of the mod for sure.

we did the almost same review. :ford: FTR it is an affordable mod that does seem to wake the car up. Did I mention my gas mileage went up a little bit also so far?

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Brought my car to Tail of The Dragon this past weekend with the 18 manifold. Had the car in 2nd gear the entire time and it did wonderfully. Took that puppy to 7500 RPM constantly and I was always in power.

Sponsored

SNOOPY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Brought my car to Tail of The Dragon this past weekend with the 18 manifold. Had the car in 2nd gear the entire time and it did wonderfully. Took that puppy to 7500 RPM constantly and I was always in power.

Nice! :thumbsup:

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone got any dyno graphs of the 18 mani with pmas on e85?

gracjan88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Will it make a big difference in 1/4 mile if I install 47lb injectors and e85 tune vs a 93 tune on a car that has an 18 manifold and long tubes ? is it worth extra 500 bucks ( injectors 299$ and tune 200$)

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Alright mark me down on the installed list. Finally got around to mine this past weekend, really worked on it all day Sunday and still didn't finish buttoning everything up until getting home from work this evening.

'18 manifold - GT350 throttle body - Reische 170 stat - AED tune

Attempting to keep IMRC active. Hard wired pigtails and spliced blue connectors. Went for a short drive (20 min) this evening, idle and driveability feel really good (even with GT350 throttle body, which is why went with AED). Didn't really hammer on it just yet, need to get some datalogs back to AED to review everything with tune. No CELs so far **fingers crossed** stays that way. Heard code(s) like to pop after driving a bit.

2016GTM6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Alright mark me down on the installed list. Finally got around to mine this past weekend, really worked on it all day Sunday and still didn't finish buttoning everything up until getting home from work this evening.

'18 manifold - GT350 throttle body - Reische 170 stat - AED tune

Attempting to keep IMRC active. Hard wired pigtails and spliced blue connectors. Went for a short drive (20 min) this evening, idle and driveability feel really good (even with GT350 throttle body, which is why went with AED). Didn't really hammer on it just yet, need to get some datalogs back to AED to review everything with tune. No CELs so far **fingers crossed** stays that way. Heard code(s) like to pop after driving a bit.
Keep us posted. I haven't installed my 18 intake manifold yet. The reason I didn't buy the GT350 throttle is I've been hearing there have been a lot of tuning issues with it. I also bought the Plug and Play harness that comes with the Y splitter hoping for no codes!
Sponsored