Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

JonAMR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustand gt
I'd keep the 4 port aspirator on. I made the original mistake of mis-routing the lines to/from the 4 port my first time around and lost the vacuum assist braking. You can still brake, but it is much, much harder.

Looking at your vacuum set up. It appears you have your evap and vacuum 2 flipped. I may be mistaken
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
You're supposed to have both blue connectors plugged in.
how did you get that to work? I keep hearing there is two but only one connector using the 18 intake

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
can someone post the link to the install write up please? I can't seem to find it

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I am slightly bummed if it ends up that this 2018 manifold is not really a huge improvement. I still have my manifold sitting in its box. I will wait until some more people get tuned and dyno resulte. The losses below 6000 rpm seem to be way more than I am willing to give up for a fun street car. I agree though that for some racing applications, this is potentially an affordable upgrade.
In all fairness though the Dyno EODTech posted was the only one I've seen like that. 3 people local to me on a Dyno I'm familiar with didn't have any real losses but picked up 15-20 whp from 5k on. I'm hoping his was tune related and they sort that out for him. I'd be ok with 5-10tq loss down low since the 3.73's blow by the low rpm anyway, as long as I pick up 15-30whp like the other guys local to me did.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am more interested time slips than dyno sheets. How many seconds does the motor spend at low rpms anyway?

EODTech87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I was working with Lund and wasn’t really getting anywhere with tune updates and some other issue. I’m in the process of switching to PBD and will be doing a new dyno after we dial it in.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear about your troubles with Lund. Still havent installed mine. We will see how it goes for me. I received my plug and play harnesses from you. ( eodtech87) and from hellhorsepower that refused to cancel my order after i waited over a month for them to ship. I have to say EODtech87 harness looks like way better quality and half the price. One major thing i noticed is hellhorsepower harness is quite longer than eodtech87. Ill post pictures later. Im thinking we need that y harness to help comeplete this conversion.

EODTech87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry to hear about your troubles with Lund. Still havent installed mine. We will see how it goes for me. I received my plug and play harnesses from you. ( eodtech87) and from hellhorsepower that refused to cancel my order after i waited over a month for them to ship. I have to say EODtech87 harness looks like way better quality and half the price. One major thing i noticed is hellhorsepower harness is quite longer than eodtech87. Ill post pictures later. Im thinking we need that y harness to help comeplete this conversion.
I left them short as to not have a lot of extra wire everywhere. I actually measured mine to fit the correct length vs hellhorse who doesn’t trim the Motorcraft pigtails. If you’d like to return the set you purchased from me send me a Pm and we’ll get everything squared away.

Sponsored

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
I left them short as to not have a lot of extra wire everywhere. I actually measured mine to fit the correct length vs hellhorse who doesn’t trim the Motorcraft pigtails. If you’d like to return the set you purchased from me send me a Pm and we’ll get everything squared away.
EODTech, are you the one who mentioned working on the pnp y harness for the blue connectors?? If so how's that going and will you be selling it? Just got my pnp harness from hellhorse yesterday, was going to try re pinning the blue connectors but I'd rather not. Manifold has been sitting in the box for a while, I currently have a 350 manifold so I'm trying to keep it pnp in case I decide to go back to it. Possibly keeping the 350 top end with added mid/low is worth the wait and try for me at least

EODTech87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yes that was me. I’m still waiting on parts from China. Unfortunately that’s the only place I could find them without ordering 1k plus pieces.

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
Yes that was me. I’m still waiting on parts from China. Unfortunately that’s the only place I could find them without ordering 1k plus pieces.
Right on, count me in for an order when you get there

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang
I'm in for set, too! Already rec'd my pnp harness from Hellhorse.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry think you missread [MENTION=33796]EODTech87[/MENTION]. I was giving you props. Your harness is way better quality!
Sponsored