Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Is there anyone that's running a 2018 Intake Manifold with one of the blue plugs connected and the other one disconnected without a check engine light?
Gotta tie the green wires together and the yellow and white wire and it will work
Sponsored

EODTech87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Gotta tie the green wires together and the yellow and white wire and it will work
I'm getting conflicting information and want to verify 100% that this must be done and that the issue can't just be corrected with a tune. I had a shop tell me that their customers car is running just fine with one of the blue plug disconnected.

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I'm getting conflicting information and want to verify 100% that this must be done and that the issue can't just be corrected with a tune. I had a shop tell me that their customers car is running just fine with one of the blue plug disconnected.
Well mine was throwing codes before i tied mine together . Now that they are tied together no codes and everything Ian functioning correctly . Try it with and without it it’s not like it’s hard to redo it

EODTech87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well mine was throwing codes before i tied mine together . Now that they are tied together no codes and everything Ian functioning correctly . Try it with and without it it’s not like it’s hard to redo it
I would if I didn't cut and splice my wires. What tune are you running and when did you do your install? Some of the tuners are just now ironing out the kinks in their tunes and I have a feeling the blue connector issue is one of those things that just needs the correct tune and not a adapter. I don't want to sell anyone an adapter that they don't actually need.

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I would if I didn't cut and splice my wires. What tune are you running and when did you do your install? Some of the tuners are just now ironing out the kinks in their tunes and I have a feeling the blue connector issue is one of those things that just needs the correct tune and not a adapter. I don't want to sell anyone an adapter that they don't actually need.
Mine is a lund tuned . Yea I did the splicing and everything myself .

Sponsored

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm curious if Ford is planning to run the 350 manifold on the Bullitt to make more power what will the dyno results look like on the 18 mani vs the 350? What do you guys think?

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
Does anyone have a dyno with this manifold who is using it with FRPP2? Or time slips or track app numbers before and after?
Wiring looks to be pigtails and running blue connectors in parallel, but still looking for a better write up on a vacuum line diagram with hose sizes and any other additional pieces to maintain a factory look. TIA
I did a write up in the DIY section. It's about as detailed as you're going to get.

EODTech87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Question for anyone that's done the install. I didn't reinstall the one way valve that goes to the IMRC Solenoid and noticed that the car seems to have if I'm cruising and very lightly apply the throttle. Anyone else notice this?

Sponsored

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
Question for anyone that's done the install. I didn't reinstall the one way valve that goes to the IMRC Solenoid and noticed that the car seems to have if I'm cruising and very lightly apply the throttle. Anyone else notice this?
What's your car doing?

17MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium magnetic
It just sounds really weird and surges a little bit. If it's doing what I think it's doing the flaps are opening due to lack of vacuum and causing a change in airflow that the car isn't expecting.
Data log with all the IMRC Pids and see what they are doing. It's the only way to tell if they are working properly.

EODTech87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I datalogged it and everything seems all good. It doesn’t seem to be doing it anymore so maybe it was a fluke or the car was just getting use to the new tune.

In other news I contacted Lund and asked them about the blue plugs and they can deactivate the P2011 code so there shouldn’t be a requirement to tie the blue plugs together as long as your tuner can adjust your tune accordingly. I already ordered parts for the adapters so if anyone would like one anyways I’ll gladly make one so that you don’t have a dangling plug.

I would still like to verify this with someone so once I get the parts I’ll be looking for someone who’s using Lund to send a free blue Y-connector to so that they can try hooking up one blue connector and verify that they don’t get a code and if it doesn’t work they’ll have the Y-connector so they can complete the install regardless of what happens with the tune.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I datalogged it and everything seems all good. It doesn’t seem to be doing it anymore so maybe it was a fluke or the car was just getting use to the new tune.

In other news I contacted Lund and asked them about the blue plugs and they can deactivate the P2011 code so there shouldn’t be a requirement to tie the blue plugs together as long as your tuner can adjust your tune accordingly. I already ordered parts for the adapters so if anyone would like one anyways I’ll gladly make one so that you don’t have a dangling plug.

I would still like to verify this with someone so once I get the parts I’ll be looking for someone who’s using Lund to send a free blue Y-connector to so that they can try hooking up one blue connector and verify that they don’t get a code and if it doesn’t work they’ll have the Y-connector so they can complete the install regardless of what happens with the tune.
I'll be doing my intake install at the end of next week or next weekend. If that's not too late for you then I'll be glad to try out the y adapter. I'm currently talking with lund about an updated tune when I do my swap.
Sponsored