Sponsored

18+ GT Toggle Switch Mod for Active Exhaust Possible?

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys, tried searching but didn’t find an answer:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to use our active exhaust functions using the stock toggle switches vs going into the menu?

I wanted to see if there was a way with ForScan or another method to make the steering toggle change the active exhaust modes so I can cycle through them.

I never really use the steering toggle switch to change the steering sensitivity, since that changes with drive modes and was hoping there was a way to program that button to cycle exhaust modes.

This isn’t a huge deal, just found myself wanting a quicker manual switch vs pressing several buttons and having to look at the menu and taking eyes off the road.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You would probably want the As Built coding from a GT350, because their center stack has the exhaust mode switch.

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
You would probably want the As Built coding from a GT350, because their center stack has the exhaust mode switch.
Great point! Has anyone tried this yet? Probably should have posted this in electronic section for ForScan...

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Thinking of using this toggle for the exhaust.
921477D8-497C-4758-96C4-4F50C07BADEC.jpeg

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Man that would annoy me. You'd entirely remove the function to change your steering weight. I use that toggle every day pulling into my garage or parking lots when I'm in Sport+ or Track mode.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Man that would annoy me. You'd entirely remove the function to change your steering weight. I use that toggle every day pulling into my garage or parking lots when I'm in Sport+ or Track mode.
Sure I get that, but I’m 6’3 and am used to throwing around heavy weight at the gym so I like the heavy steering feel in sport + and track.

Still hoping someone can chime in if this is possible? I change the exhaust all the time, not the steering though.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Sure I get that, but I’m 6’3 and am used to throwing around heavy weight at the gym so I like the heavy steering feel in sport + and track.
I mean so am I lol.

Off topic: Where in Colorado are you?

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Haha, I’m in Boulder...land of the Hippies
Oh god, the one time I drove up there with my car I got angry looks lol.

I'm on the opposite end of Denver, in Parker.

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Oh god, the one time I drove up there with my car I got angry looks lol.

I'm on the opposite end of Denver, in Parker.
Yeah, and the roads are shit everyone is stoned and drives super slow here. Luckily there's an incredible drive in the Roosevelt National Forest near here. Perfect winding roads through mountains, river and forest :)

Sponsored

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
I highly doubt you will be able to change the functionality of a switch's function in forscan. So my guess is it's not possible and most probably not even programmed in the firmware.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I can't find anything on the internals of the switch panel in the electrical section of the service manual. It just shows up as a black box with CAN output. If we could duplicate the CAN signal for exhaust settings we might be able to use an Arduino or such to change the switch function. It's beyond my skills.

psg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, GMC Sierra Denali 6.2l, Lotus Super 7, Aprilia Tuono 1100 RR, BMW HP2S. BMW 750LiX
My exhaust changes with drive mode settings!

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I must be he man or something cause I don't feel squat for a difference in the steering selection I must be too much man for it LOL.. I would rather use that switch for something else myself.
Sponsored