Sponsored

Starting 18 gt in track mode (active exhaust)?

TXYANK1323

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Just traded my '17 GT for the '20 GT on Monday, the new one has the 401 etc... active exhaust, digital dash, yadda yadda.

I hated on the '17 I had to put it in Sport Mode every time I started it, already frustrated that the new one only starts on Normal mode. I had MNRB Cat Back on the '17 and loved shaking the garage on start-up. Not sure why Ford won't let you create your own default.

I can pick my color and set it to my key but heaven forbid I want my $50k Mustang to sound like a Muscle Car.

Oh well... life's problems :)
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I have an H pipe with and with normal mode is like a bomb going off. It's really just at the point of almost being obnoxious. In track mode at WOT it sounds like a nascar. Although, I only ever seem to encounter people that enjoy the car being around. I've had more people tell me to rev it or compliment how nice it sounds.

I usually keep mine in quiet mode startup for the full 24 hour period. Both for the sake of my neighbors and the occupants of my house (kids' bedroom over the garage). My mode is Sport, Quiet, Comfort , wish I had magnaride :angry:.

However, I do have a neighbor, likely on here, that does drive the same neighbors crazy. I keep getting comments about yours sounds so munch better. I tend to prefer being understated, with a nice deep tone.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
so my question is, I see lots of people not only here but in real life as well upset they cant start the car all loud. And even when they have active exhaust they say well i just always keep it in track. So then why even get active exhaust? its a rather pricey item to just always want it in loud mode. plus the whole point of it is to NOT disturb the people around you that you live next too LOL. but ok so like I do.. I set my mode to sport steering, track mode, and active exhaust in track as well. I have my quite mode set for 24 hours because I like my neighbors and they have a baby. Once I down the street a bit just flip the mode switch two flicks and everything is wide open. its fairly simple and is honestly about your only option.

There has to be an option in forscan but to my knowledge no ones found it yet.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
so my question is, I see lots of people not only here but in real life as well upset they cant start the car all loud. And even when they have active exhaust they say well i just always keep it in track. So then why even get active exhaust? its a rather pricey item to just always want it in loud mode. plus the whole point of it is to NOT disturb the people around you that you live next too LOL. but ok so like I do.. I set my mode to sport steering, track mode, and active exhaust in track as well. I have my quite mode set for 24 hours because I like my neighbors and they have a baby. Once I down the street a bit just flip the mode switch two flicks and everything is wide open. its fairly simple and is honestly about your only option.

There has to be an option in forscan but to my knowledge no ones found it yet.
Because a lot of people just love to bitch. If a car doesn’t have a feature they want it, if it does, they don’t want it. Some features are never good enough or do not do exactly what the owner want. Of course, others would want the exact opposite and wouldn’t be happy. As someone who worked for a major manufacturer we learned that it was impossible to please everyone. You just did the best you could.

As far as Forscan, it’s not there. The reason you cannot start in track is because of Federal noise regulations. That was determined back when active exhaust was first announced.

And yes, two simple flicks, two seconds. It’s just that easy.
Sponsored