Sponsored

18 GT P0304 and P0307 codes

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Had my clutch and flywheel done last week. Today, check engine flashes for 30 seconds and then goes off. Shortly after that it came on and stayed on. Pulled the codes and it showed P0304 and P0307, cylinder 4 and 7 misfire. I'm guessing something was not done right when they put the new clutch and flywheel in. I'm guessing crank sensor relearn wasn't done? I just dropped it off at the dealer. We will see what they say on Monday.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here ya go... if there is “major” work done to the transmission OR the engine such as where in either instance the trans or engine has been removed, then the shop is supposed to follow this attached SSM 45788 - which *might* explain your misfire symptoms:

Attachments

OP
OP
DekiDoo

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Dude that is great. I'll let them know Monday. Thank you so much

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

RARA762

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt convertible
Had my clutch and flywheel done last week. Today, check engine flashes for 30 seconds and then goes off. Shortly after that it came on and stayed on. Pulled the codes and it showed P0304 and P0307, cylinder 4 and 7 misfire. I'm guessing something was not done right when they put the new clutch and flywheel in. I'm guessing crank sensor relearn wasn't done? I just dropped it off at the dealer. We will see what they say on Monday.
What ended up being the problem. I’m having the exact same situation than you did. Changed clutch, flywheel and installed short shifter. Just after I left the mechanic, same codes!! Cyl 4 and 7. And the car starts misfiring from around a steady 3000-4000rpm.

Sponsored

Graeme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush R727
Hi. What was the solution here?
I have the exact same scenario and have had it back to the shop where they cleared all errors and a crank angle relearn. An hour of driving later and the problem persists!?

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Hi. What was the solution here?
I have the exact same scenario and have had it back to the shop where they cleared all errors and a crank angle relearn. An hour of driving later and the problem persists!?
You need to have a cam/crank relearn done - it can be done with a high level scan tool, or the dealer. Also, i believe most handheld tuners can do it as well.

whiteheadb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0
What ended up being the problem. I’m having the exact same situation than you did. Changed clutch, flywheel and installed short shifter. Just after I left the mechanic, same codes!! Cyl 4 and 7. And the car starts misfiring from around a steady 3000-4000rpm.
Same here, what was the outcome?

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
You need to have a cam/crank relearn done - it can be done with a high level scan tool, or the dealer. Also, i believe most handheld tuners can do it as well.
Yeah - I think an SCT X4 can do it.

What's a little weird about your situation is that you didn't get the generic P0300 code but instead specifies 2 specific cylinders.

Good luck.
Sponsored