18+ bone stock dynos with each FI flavor

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
It’s not cheap, but it’s quality and fits my needs perfectly. You can get a pretty good idea by playing with the options on Hellion’s site. Just the turbo kit and injectors/BAP/boost controller we’re somewhere in the $12k range.... I’m pretty handy with a wrench, but stay busy running the sales side of a CJDR Dealership, so I also opted to have someone install it, which obviously added to the cost. At the end of the day I’m glad I went this way. I turned it over to a guy I’ve known for years who really massaged the kit, added some cool stuff, and made it perfect (he’s just as picky as I am about things being just right). Lund tuned the car and did a great job. My guy would normally have been my choice to tune the car due to our history and his proximity, but he’s not 100% happy with the way his software of choice supports the 18+ cars and they keep giving him the run around.

I also went ahead and beefed up the driveline. RXT/aluminum driveshaft/Ford Racing half-shafts. Are all on the car now.

Long story short, just the turbo kit and install to mimic this could probably be done around $14-15k if you do it yourself and have It tuned remotely. I’m in it more than that because of lots of other stuff I added to the car because of my OCD.

I’ll find out when our tracks in VA open up (I’ve had the car back less than a week). I’ll post some more pics and walk through the build sometime over the weekend in a separate thread. I’m still kind of getting over how happy I am to have it back to be honest with you. For now this will have to do.

2020-04-10 17.55.16-2.jpg

2020-04-07 13.31.47.jpg
Sweet mother of GAWD!!!! Nice...
Break us out a Dragy run while we down with the tracks, that's what we have been doing!!!!
Sponsored

99Formula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I did sleeper kit, upgraded JB 62 precision turbos, ID1050x injectors, PBD tuned all for under 9k. You could do it even cheaper if you don't upgrade turbos. This would be you installing yourself.

My 19 A10 went 10.3 @ 140 on the 7lb wastegate spring and E85.
Sounds about right. I ticked a lot of extra boxes when I spec’ed my kit out.

jwaked

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jalal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10, 2017 Chevy SS Sedan 6MT
I did sleeper kit, upgraded JB 62 precision turbos, ID1050x injectors, PBD tuned all for under 9k. You could do it even cheaper if you don't upgrade turbos. This would be you installing yourself.

My 19 A10 went 10.3 @ 140 on the 7lb wastegate spring and E85.
niceee. No Electronics ? To play with the boost

99Formula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not really necessary unless you want to turn it up past gate pressure. My car made 9lbs on the 7lb spring with no help from the controller, which is about as far as I want to push it on 93. I just put the boost controller in now so it would be one less thing to mess with when I make the necessary changes to be able to turn it up.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
There’s the advantage of a good efficient turbo system. You can make more power than a supercharged engine at less boost. 7 psi on the 12/1 coyote is far safer than the 9-16 psi run by the common supercharger systems.

Sponsored

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This was done on just the 7lbs wastegate spring. I picked up the 10lb spring for the wastegates and a fore return system couple weeks back. I would have gotten a boost controller but the Wife said the fuel system was enough... for now. The 10lb springs should get me 11-12lbs and with E85, the car should trap high 140s, hopefully.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone done a relatively comparative Dyno overlay of all the different AS SHIPPED forced induction setups on otherwise STOCK 2018+ Gts?

Genuinely curious about out out of box comparisons.
Clearly all setups will be fuel limited so let's keep that relative.

Vortech
Procharger
TVS
Whipple
Hellion top
Hellion midmount
LPF midmount
Any others
Good to see you’re asking the right questions!
By “as shipped” I assume you mean “on the supplied tune” also?

OP
OP

Jbcain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
6.7psd, 3.0eco
Good to see you’re asking the right questions!
By “as shipped” I assume you mean “on the supplied tune” also?
That's the gray area I suppose. Just curious about power curves in general, efficiency and off the shelf vs off the shelf. It wouldn't be fair to spec out a hellion kit with all the add-ons and pte 6870s against a p1 procharger base kit, I can sift through that mess.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That's the gray area I suppose. Just curious about power curves in general, efficiency and off the shelf vs off the shelf. It wouldn't be fair to spec out a hellion kit with all the add-ons and pte 6870s against a p1 procharger base kit, I can sift through that mess.

It has to be that way, only on the canned tune to really compare

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
It’s not cheap, but it’s quality and fits my needs perfectly. You can get a pretty good idea by playing with the options on Hellion’s site. Just the turbo kit and injectors/BAP/boost controller we’re somewhere in the $12k range.... I’m pretty handy with a wrench, but stay busy running the sales side of a CJDR Dealership, so I also opted to have someone install it, which obviously added to the cost. At the end of the day I’m glad I went this way. I turned it over to a guy I’ve known for years who really massaged the kit, added some cool stuff, and made it perfect (he’s just as picky as I am about things being just right). Lund tuned the car and did a great job. My guy would normally have been my choice to tune the car due to our history and his proximity, but he’s not 100% happy with the way his software of choice supports the 18+ cars and they keep giving him the run around.

I also went ahead and beefed up the driveline. RXT/aluminum driveshaft/Ford Racing half-shafts. Are all on the car now.

Long story short, just the turbo kit and install to mimic this could probably be done around $14-15k if you do it yourself and have It tuned remotely. I’m in it more than that because of lots of other stuff I added to the car because of my OCD.

I’ll find out when our tracks in VA open up (I’ve had the car back less than a week). I’ll post some more pics and walk through the build sometime over the weekend in a separate thread. I’m still kind of getting over how happy I am to have it back to be honest with you. For now this will have to do.

2020-04-10 17.55.16-2.jpg

2020-04-07 13.31.47.jpg

Yea, not cheap is an understatement lol. I've attached the invoice for my set up which I don't expect will be put together for another month. It's really not the Turbo Kit itself, but you do end up picking options when all is said & done, not to mention the supporting mods. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing the work myself, so plus labor your really in it - gone are the days of buying a 4K Modular S197 Power Adder!

Attachments

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
These turbo kit prices can get crazy! A stage 1 competition/tuner Whipple Gen 5 kit can be had right now for $5,900 (15% off). Add some used injectors (get them flowed) in tank pump or BAP, a custom tune and you’re sitting pretty dang good with room to grow.

OP
OP

Jbcain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
6.7psd, 3.0eco
Ordered a twin kit today.
Started a build thread.
We'll see how it pans out.
Thank you to the gentlemen that provided insight and constructive criticism.

jwaked

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jalal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10, 2017 Chevy SS Sedan 6MT
You should put a link to the thread. How much was the kit ?

OP
OP

Jbcain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
6.7psd, 3.0eco