18+ Active Exhaust upgrade question

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
I own a 20 401A PP1 A10 car w/Active exhaust. It has a Roush X-Pipe, but IMO its not enough. I feel like I've looked at 100 different options when it comes to exhaust. What has anyone used that they're satisfied with that doesn't completely irritate their neighbors in quite mode during cold start.(not my biggest concern, BUT).

***note i do not plan on doing headers as with in 1-2 years i will be going single/twin turbo***
pic attached of my ride
IMG_7960.JPG
Sponsored

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
An X-Pipe with active exhaust in Track mode is damn near no muffler. If you want louder, just do a muffler delete and LTH.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
its about sound not loudness @rangerryda
I have a 2020 PP1 with Active exhaust and X pipe too. Id like a different catback for the sound too but it has to stay active.

OP
OP
rabid_josh

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
An X-Pipe with active exhaust in Track mode is damn near no muffler. If you want louder, just do a muffler delete and LTH.
I guess IMO it’s not THAT loud, but I’ve been around plenty of LTH cars w/ exhausts like corsa extremes that seem MUCH louder..

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Well, there's loud... then unbearable. LTH - X pipe - muffler delete is literally a racecar exhaust. It can't get louder. Track mode on a stock car isn't 50 state legal. That's why the car beeps at you to let you know it's for track use.

All that said, these cars do a great job of keeping the exhaust noise out of the interior. It's much louder outside than you may think.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
As stated above.. the sound of the exhaust really is muted while you are in the car. Have someone you trust take it for a rip while you are outside. Or take it under a tunnel/underpass in track and hammer it at higher rpms. It's much louder than you think.
Sponsored