Porsche_Manny

Porsche_Manny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Performance Pack
Update for anyone that finds out about the AFD Commander, but wants to know if it's πŸ—‘ or πŸ’© β€”
Screenshot_20220514-165441_PROFLEX Connect.jpg

β€” currently at 70% with Lambda staying between 1 and 0.80 (cruise to part-throttle to f#%k you in the face-gas pedal). No CEL, no hardships, and even true to their cold-start-atomization feature β€” easy (but angry-sounding 😎) cold starts even on stock injectors.

Once πŸ‘ again πŸ‘ β€” for the hearing impaired 🦻 β€” NOT s#!tting on the tried-true wide-band tuning solutions for running E85 🌽 on your Mustang. This is seemingly the easiest solution from open-box to drive to the pump and FlexFueling your S550 Coyote Mustang.

There's two good threads for the GT350 guys on 6G, and this is for the 5.0 guys. From a 91/93-Tune to a 91/93-Tune + -this- ⬆⬆⬆ β€” you -will- notice a difference.

Good product if you don't want the data logging, lap-top boggling, driveability fiddling mishuguna.
Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Im glad it works for u. Flipping bits in a register would be my preferred over turning a wrench but different strokes. Im sure you can't change a light bulb on a newer Porsche without having to reprogram something.

The logging is blown out of proportion by some. What ever hoops people jump through for flex tuning.. its not needed. The learning can be setup based on starting fuel and the window adjusted for larger range etc.. drive like a reasonable person for a few miles and its done. The f150 has been true flex fuel for iirc 12 years now and those settings drop into a mustang tune just fine. Exact tank composition is nice to know but not needed unless your going aggressive on the timing and skirting the limit on octane or using trims to adjust maft curve etc.. a physical sensor would be nice but even those drift with time.

OP
OP
Porsche_Manny

Porsche_Manny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicle(s)
Im glad it works for u. Flipping bits in a register would be my preferred over turning a wrench but different strokes. Im sure you can't change a light bulb on a newer Porsche without having to reprogram something.

The logging is blown out of proportion by some. What ever hoops people jump through for flex tuning.. its not needed. The learning can be setup based on starting fuel and the window adjusted for larger range etc.. drive like a reasonable person for a few miles and its done. The f150 has been true flex fuel for iirc 12 years now and those settings drop into a mustang tune just fine. Exact tank composition is nice to know but not needed unless your going aggressive on the timing and skirting the limit on octane or using trims to adjust maft curve etc.. a physical sensor would be nice but even those drift with time.
That's fair 🀝 β€” and truthfully, your solution would have also addressed one of my apprehensions with a -new- FlexFuel or E85 tune: running a tune different to the gas-tune I was happy with now.

I was only aware of the PBD, BAMA, VMP, etc-E85 tunes β€” and then discovered AFD. The E85 solution you stated earlier in the thread said you retain a pump-gas tune and just make adjustments for injector pulse-width and duty-cycle in the "bits".

I'll admit to being in short supply of the discipline and patience changing crucial 1s and 0s would necessitate (or so I'd expect it to be that hard anyway) β€” I'd be concerned about turning the car into a potato πŸ₯” 😏.

For me – I'm playing the game on hard all day. πŸ”§ πŸ›  πŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§ πŸ’€ For me – this was playing it on easy.

But if anyone else was willing to pay or needed some reassurance that it wasn't snake oil – that was my intention.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Porsche_Manny

Porsche_Manny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicle(s)
Gas prices went down a bit β€” aaaand may go back up again due to "NOPEC" and β›½pissing contests between the West, the UAE, and Russia (heard it on the radio πŸ“» πŸ˜’ 🀷 whatever).

Anybody between Miami and West Palm in SF interested in this kit, hit up Advanced Fuel Dynamics, and if you have any questions about installation β€” P.M. me!

I'm -NOT- on A.F.D.'s payroll, but I -AM- very happy with the last 22,000+ miles on E85 since getting their product.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Gas prices went down a bit β€” aaaand may go back up again due to "NOPEC" and β›½pissing contests between the West, the UAE, and Russia (heard it on the radio πŸ“» πŸ˜’ 🀷 whatever).

Anybody between Miami and West Palm in SF interested in this kit, hit up Advanced Fuel Dynamics, and if you have any questions about installation β€” P.M. me!

I'm -NOT- on A.F.D.'s payroll, but I -AM- very happy with the last 22,000+ miles on E85 since getting their product.
How much peak timing is this set up getting you?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Porsche_Manny

Porsche_Manny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicle(s)
How much peak timing is this set up getting you?
I don't get on here as often as I should β€” apologies for not replying sooner.

I can Data-Log if the thread is interested, but from what I've seen on Alejandro Flores's FlexFuel and E85 videos β€” the Copper Head stays happy at high-20s to low(LOW)-30s for efficient gains (using its Adaptive Octane Logic-function).

Is this the absolute πŸ’― most efficient-use of E85? The benefits of which come from dedicated 🌽-files adding timing Full-Send based on the stipulation that the driver checked E85-quality prior to "sending it"?

Likely no β€” a dedicated E85R-tune will get every last drop of E85's potential out of your setup... after buying a tuner... and downloading a base-file... and then doing multiple street-log pulls to get that dialed in, part-throttle and full-throttle.

Will an E85R, similarly-setup 5.0 walk mine? More than likely. But I wanted to give E85 a try, and this is the lazy/tired guy's solution. And it -works-.

Have a 2011-2017 Coyote (and they just released their Gen-3 kit at SEMA this year)? Is it your daily-driver but you want to try 🌽 Ethanol? Need it to work as soon as you put it in? Give Gray at Advanced Fuel Dynamics a call or e-mail. I wasn't disappointed. πŸ‘

OP
OP
Porsche_Manny

Porsche_Manny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicle(s)
I'd expect A.F.D.'s ProFlex Commander, piggy-backing on the more "enthusiastic" timing tables of a good 91-93 Oct Tune β€” would perform comparably to a Flex-Fuel ECU-Tune.

But, down-low in RPMs, as explained in the second video ⬇ , I wouldn't expect it to out-perform a dedicated E85-tune. But that also comes with more owner-dedication.

GAGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1983 S10 Sport Pickup
Still no problems with the ProFlex Commander?

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Without data logs this thread doesn't mean much.

OP
OP
Porsche_Manny

Porsche_Manny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicle(s)
Is the price for E85 constant with gasoline or is it pretty stable?
It can move with all fuel prices, but it seems to remain over a dollar away from whatever 93 is around me. Currently find it between $2.70 and $2.90 around me.
Sponsored