10R80 Tuning??

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic, PP1, 401A, MR, VE, A10, shaker audio
I have a 2018 GT with 10R80 that I am trying to get setup for Auto-X.
Has anyone done any tuning on the transmission to adjust the shift points (mainly downshifts).
I don't want to make changes in normal or sport modes. I only want to make the changes in track mode.
I would like to get quicker downshifts based on speed and RPM.
I have tried the paddles but the transmission extremely slow to react, I don't know if this can be adjusted?

Does anyone know of a tuner in Sacramento that has any experience tuning the 2018 Mustang?

Thanks,

Ken
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Bump to the top. I'm curious as well

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
lund can put the shifts wherever you want them, although i would think on a road course, you would be using manual mode mainly

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Talk to Shaun at AED. I heard he is in the Sacramento area.

I drive a 2018 GT PP A10 Magneride. I think I would just put the shifter in S and mode in Sport +. That way I could launch in first and use a single paddle press to lock it into second.

My son and I just built a 1995 GT for Autox. We are gonna run it in the SFR SCCA events this year.

Which Northern California Autox events are you running this year?

Cheers,

Ace21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
Even in manual mode you'll want ths shift speed quickened because it is still desired torque or tps conditioned even in track mode. In other words it doesn't shift fast and direct until you reach a certain threshold. It is the one thing that pisses me of with the factory 10r80 trans tune. I mean I understand that it is done for smoothness and comfort but it makes performance feel slushy.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Even in manual mode you'll want ths shift speed quickened because it is still desired torque or tps conditioned even in track mode. In other words it doesn't shift fast and direct until you reach a certain threshold. It is the one thing that pisses me of with the factory 10r80 trans tune. I mean I understand that it is done for smoothness and comfort but it makes performance feel slushy.
I notice that if they increase the quickness and firmness too much, every mode other than Drive feels basically like drag mode and you break traction way to easy on 1-2-3 shifts. I had to have PBD revert my shifting because it just didnt seem good to have them that firm in modes other than dragstrip.

Dragstrip mode is still basically as fast and as hard as possible, but for a track and the street you want and need smooth shifts that dont break traction in corners. On the stock tune only the 1-2-3 shifts were delayed/slow and unfortunately that is the same with my tune and I dont know if its actually fixable. Above 3rd gear its seamless but 1-2 and 2-3 still have a pause which definitely helps keep traction but doesnt feel smooth. Before they reverted my shifting in the tune, all shifts felt like drag mode and were too jerky above 3rd gear and just broke traction on the street on every shift below 3rd gear. I am happy overall though with how its currently setup.
Sponsored