Sponsored

10r80 tune features

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I saw that Wengerd performance offers a feature where if you put it in S mode and downshift with the paddles, it will shift instead of having to pop it back in D manually.

Do all tunes offer this? TIA!
Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
What?

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you put the car in S and shift with the paddles with the stock tune, you have to manually shift for the next gear.

I saw video where Wegnerd offered a feature where you if you put it in S mode manually and downshift, you don’t have to put it back in D, it’ll shift on its own with his tune.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any tuner should be able to do this for you, yes. Often referred to as a roll race setup or similar.
Thanks! Didn’t know what the feature was called.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Roll race, drag race, dyno mode….whatever you want to call it. It’s very easy to do in the tune and very useful for a number of reasons. You can also set it up to start in first or second gear and use whatever shift character you want.

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 gt premium performance, 22 civic, 95 f150
What's the difference in this compared to just holding the up shift to return to auto mode in sport?

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the difference in this compared to just holding the up shift to return to auto mode in sport?
it would probably screw up the up-shift while going wide open seeing as how every time you press the + paddle it shifts up.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
1. You don’t *have to* hold the up paddle to make it shift.
2. It will keep you off the limiter. The stock sport paddle mode (sst) will let you hit the limiter in every gear.
3. 2nd gear starts allowed. Not sure if stock allows this.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Depends what drive mode the tuner decides to modify. Some MIGHT do both?

My current calibration only has Drive as the modified mode. Select shift/sport is 100% OEM tables. In other words, shift target RPM, and line pressures are stock.

Some tuners modify D, some S. Never seen both? This feature may REQUIRE both modes to be tuned to function effectively.

Sponsored

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
auto up shift is what i know the feature as . Hold a gear in sport mode to roll race and you dont have to paddle shift or push the shifter up into drive .

I just put it in sport and hold a gear then as soon as i floor it shift to d . this can be a problem if you car is fast though. depending on your needs.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
The 10R80 has a lot of granularity with how you can set the different modes up, you just need someone willing to do it.

I’m not a tuner, but I have both D and S tuned to act pretty much the same when paddles are in use. Both will shift at WOT, neither will downshift from the selected gear at WOT, and both use shift character 2 which is the drag mode shifting. All three modes (D,S, and drag mode) upshift at the same RPM as well, but this can also be setup so it’s different depending on the mode.
Sponsored