Sponsored

Best 10R80 Mustang GT Tune (w/ or w/out CAI)?

MinDseTz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I was looking at the ford performance power pack, and my understanding is there is a significant change to the feel of the transmission.

Is there any CAI+Tuner that outperforms the power pack or is similar in the way it improves the transmission?

Thanks, and sorry if this question was already asked. I haven't been able to find info on 2018+.
Sponsored

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I was looking at the ford performance power pack, and my understanding is there is a significant change to the feel of the transmission.

Is there any CAI+Tuner that outperforms the power pack or is similar in the way it improves the transmission?

Thanks, and sorry if this question was already asked. I haven't been able to find info on 2018+.
You weren't able to find any threads on different tunes?! There are several on the forum. Most will say that an e-85 or flex tune will be the best bang for the buck. I don't know how the trans tuning would compare to the Ford Performance pack. I asked that question on another thread but I don't know that many people have been able to compare the trans shifting characteristics of an e85 and the performance pack tunes...

OP
OP
MinDseTz

MinDseTz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
You weren't able to find any threads on different tunes?! There are several on the forum. Most will say that an e-85 or flex tune will be the best bang for the buck. I don't know how the trans tuning would compare to the Ford Performance pack. I asked that question on another thread but I don't know that many people have been able to compare the trans shifting characteristics of an e85 and the performance pack tunes...
Forgive me for being unclear. I meant I haven't found an answer about altering shifting characteristics. Tunes in general, I've found plenty of info. After a little research, I'm leaning towards Lund.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
E85 tune if available in your area and no other mods will double the performance of the FP and will cost less. Trans tuning is done by all the major tuners AED, PBD. Lund etc. Any can customize to make shifting more or less aggressive as desired.
Sponsored