10r80 question

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Shifting into neutral from drive is a fundamentally normal thing to be able to do. And shifting back into drive at idle or so RPM has zero negative side effects. How do you think you get to drive in the first place? By skipping neutral? Your car is still RPM'ing when going from P to N to D.

Besides, why do you need to be barking in the first place? Don't be that guy.
Dude, are you telling me what to do?

769f4dc9-a5c0-45b7-b5e5-16014a52c225-712x1020.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The "Bubba Bark" is quite annoying, especially from another Mustang.

Yea exactly... it’s f’n stupid.

So you’re asking a question on how to get the trans (while driving) into a dead spot so you can rev your engine - BUT state you’re making payments and can’t afford any trans work IF you’re attempt at “barking” fails...

LMAO...

While doing 65+, click that trans up into R and then come back and tell us how it went...

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Yeah it’s not so much the drive to neutral part, it’s that trouble is only one click above in R.

You got me on the IQ.
Moving from D to N can be done by just moving the lever up, but being able to get into R also requires you press down the shifter knob. That should be easy enough to do.

Also, there's a reverse lockout built in that won't let you get into R at 47mph.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The "Bubba Bark" is quite annoying, especially from another Mustang.
It's just a way of saying hi. Don't be so uptight about it.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It's just a way of saying hi.
Don't know about it just being about 'saying hi'.

The emphasized part of the original post might as well read "and make my car do a better job of letting the guy in the other lane know I want to street-race him". High school antics. Cars & Coffee exit strategy.
2018 PP1 GT 10a. Absolutely love my car. The only thing I can complain about the 10spd is I can’t burp the throttle to show off. You know, while rolling in a manual trans, engage the clutch, burp the throttle to make some cool noises, and then proceed with whatever.
FWIW, I hope you meant "disengage" the clutch . . .

Norm

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Don't know about it just being about 'saying hi'.

The emphasized part of the original post might as well read "and make my car do a better job of letting the guy in the other lane know I want to street-race him". High school antics. Cars & Coffee exit strategy.

Norm
Well you may be right. I've just had guys give a quick rev when driving by, sometimes going the other direction, and always just took it as similar to a wave.

I don't condone it if it is being done in the way you describe though.

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wow you guys are harsh . I'd say get a tune and ask for extra burble. You can give it a quick tap in drive and should get some noise out of it.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Wow you guys are harsh . I'd say get a tune and ask for extra burble. You can give it a quick tap in drive and should get some noise out of it.
Extra burble sounds really nice in 1950's hotrods like this one. Starts about 18 seconds in.

Doesn't seem like the right sound to me for a car whose engine has such easy 7000 rpm capability and whose low end response might be considered a little 'soft'.

Norm

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
Keep it sport mode, it tends to be way more aggressive in the throttle and looser in the converter. It will allow you to do a little goose of the throttle. At least it does with mine. But I also have MBRP exhaust, so its hardly quiet to begin with
Sponsored