Sponsored

10,000 Miles and my motor is knocking. Pretty sure she is toast.

MYSHARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG V6
Well I Just dropped off my Stang at the dealership. Filled my gas tank right after work. Hear something as I'm driving down a small 2 lane road here in Clearwater, Fl. It comes and goes so I'm thinking its in my head. Get out on a much larger 6 lane road. Get up to speed and still hear that faint knock. Get stopped at a light and rev the motor a bit. Not really all that noticeable. Get going when the light is green, pull up next to a box truck, and sure enough that's my car. Sounding like a diesel. 10,022 miles and I'm pretty sure I'm getting another engine. 2 techs come out to listen and the second more seasoned tech says just 2 words. "Oh Fuck". Should get an update tomorrow.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MYSHARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG V6
Yes purchased new in February of this yr.

OP
OP

MYSHARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG V6
Good to know. I'm hoping to have some clarification tomorrow. The noise seemed very noticeable under load down at low rpm's.

Sponsored

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
Good to know. I'm hoping to have some clarification tomorrow. The noise seemed very noticeable under load down at low rpm's.
Any updates yet? And hopefully you don't have any mods they will try to blame for the failure.

OP
OP

MYSHARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG V6
Nothing from the Dealership yet. I have zero mods. So no dancing around this issue.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well I Just dropped off my Stang at the dealership. Filled my gas tank right after work. Hear something as I'm driving down a small 2 lane road here in Clearwater, Fl. It comes and goes so I'm thinking its in my head. Get out on a much larger 6 lane road. Get up to speed and still hear that faint knock. Get stopped at a light and rev the motor a bit. Not really all that noticeable. Get going when the light is green, pull up next to a box truck, and sure enough that's my car. Sounding like a diesel. 10,022 miles and I'm pretty sure I'm getting another engine. 2 techs come out to listen and the second more seasoned tech says just 2 words. "Oh Fuck". Should get an update tomorrow.
Let me know what they say, MYSHARK. Also, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for your area if needed.

Deysha

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
"its normal"

Good luck man, dont stop fighting.

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
In for updates

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
You filled it up and it immediately crapped out?? Sounds like bad gas! You might need your fuel system cleansed and a settlement from the gas station.

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
You filled it up and it immediately crapped out?? Sounds like bad gas! You might need your fuel system cleansed and a settlement from the gas station.
That would be an interesting route to take. I wouldnt even know how to start with that unless you had dashcam footage of you filling up there, a receipt and witnesses.

Stay out of the throttle and limp over to the autoparts store...try some injector cleaner and octane booster. Maybe theres some water in the gas.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
OP
OP

MYSHARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG V6
I'm told its a bottom end knock. They have decided to replace the engine. I asked if they knew exactly what failed and he said they had not cracked open the engine yet.

OP
OP

MYSHARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG V6
Update: Motor still isn't pulled. Now I'm told they want to crack it open see what failed and then decide if i get a long or short block. We are at 13 days it's been at the dealer. He says he hopes to have it done in 2 weeks. Then starts giving me shit about it being 2 Quarts low on oil. I told him it was coming in for its 10,000 mile service that weekend and i hadn't checked the oil. How am i suppose to know the car burns 2 qts between oil changes. Says the engineers were to liberal with the oil change dates and that i should change the oil every 3-5k miles instead. I told him i have been following the manual and that if it should be done sooner the manual should say sooner. Going to file a complaint with the BBB today and call Ford corporate on my lunch break. I'm about done with this car. There have been other issues i haven't even brought up with them yet. I don't know when its going to end. Seems like a Lemon all day long to me.
Sponsored