Sponsored

1/4 mile

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I have no doubt that I could do 13's with track apps in the right conditions (going down a hill). I have no doubt that I could get 13's at the track in the right conditions (drag tires and lightweight 17 inch wheels). I don't want to bother with swapping tires so I'm going to live with a shitty quarter mile time. I just sold my C7 that would do 12 flat and I'm just shocked at the difference... I'm not selling my stang cause I bought this car for my DD so quarter mile is not too important... However... This car is snail slow, I had Civics and Mazda 3s doing better times... I even tried my buddy's 350z and I got 14 flat.
You might be right about the IRS, but you mentioned you had good reaction and 60ft were good. I thought the advantage of the solid rear axle was traction during launch?

At the end of the day I think judging through just this forum isn't enough. Seems like most people don't get the times they were expecting for all three engines until someone comes along and finally does it.

Do you have any pics of the time sheet?
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Less horsepower combined with a little more loss through the irs. People seem to forget that the v6 is on the back burner for ford. It's meant for fleet sales and rentals and not 1/4 mile.

Not model knocking, please don't take that way. It's just the way ford is headed right now.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
the problem is the 2 missing cyclinders

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I just sold my C7 that would do 12 flat and I'm just shocked at the difference... I'm not selling my stang cause I bought this car for my DD so quarter mile is not too important... However... This car is snail slow, I had Civics and Mazda 3s doing better times... I even tried my buddy's 350z and I got 14 flat.
You are shocked that the V6 stang is a lot slower than your C7?:doh:
Okay...

Stock civics and Mazda 3's aren't running low 14's either.
Speed 3 yes...

My brother had a 13' V6 stang and it was a low 14 car stock, maybe high 13 in good air.

Coming from a C7 you should have gotten the 5.0 for your daily or eco at least and modded.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Yeah that's what I think it is and always has been. Low 14 and 13.9 in perfect conditions.

Anyway doesn't matter to me personally. I always feel bad for people who are dissapointed with their cars. I'm over the moon with my V6. Went from a 210hp 2006 BMW to this, and the difference is staggering. I could imagine the opposite happening and that would definitely not feel good. I guess the trick is to not move backwards when picking your next car.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Don't give up on it though, very few ppl are posting track slips with the 6. Like I said before, I think everyone should go to the track at least once if you buy a mustang. It's just a right of passage

OP
OP
DJGold

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
I'm not shocked that my V6 stang is slower then my C7 but the difference when you're on the track is shocking.

I'm not going to post a pic of my time slip, I'm ashamed enough as it is.

I'm not giving up on my stang because I bought the car for my DD and I do deliveries all day so a 5.0 would not have been wise. I always have another toy to play with but I'm still surprised by how slow the V6 is.

Ok maybe not stock mazda3 and civics but there were a ton there (with mods) that were in the 13s which made me feel even worse. Nothing worse then having a lot of people come around your car (I'm the only 15 there) and asking questions to finally go on the track to show off and get shown off.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Had a v6 first thinking it would be nice for a DD, then I was just underwhelmed by the power. You can tell ford really wants to get rid of that line up. Then again, you can get it for 23,800 and that's a steal.

In reality once you drive a v8, you won't want the six. Coming from a c7, I understandyour pain. It's plenty enough of a car to get around town with and have some fun winding it out. Leave the 1/4 for the vette.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Remind me not to drive a GT.

Sponsored

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Oh boy......for your sake I hope this is a joke thread.

Who in their right mind downgrades to a V6 Mustang from a C7? Heck, even the 5.0 is a downgrade, but the V6 is well known to be the slowest of all models.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DJGold

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
You're probably right about the wheels. 50lbs a piece and yes I have very low grade/shitty tires. No 93 octane fuel around here, and no tune, this is a delivery car.

I didn't go from a C7 to a Mustang V6. I sold my delivery car which was a Scion Tc for the Mustang. The C7 was a toy/weekend car. Haven't replaced it YET.

I sold the C7 for $13000 more then what I paid for it. Not often can you say that about a used car. The rarity and price increase (over $10000) in the last year made it easy money.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
What kind of tires are they? They are much wider than the stock tires that come on the V6 so he should at least be getting better traction

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT