Sponsored

1/2 mile thread!

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice! What are your mods?
I have a basic mile run setup but I intend on adding some more cooling mods. I haven't had my front sway bar on in awhile but I think it may be better to put it on for next time along with taping up the front end and maybe a front splitter & rear diffuser.

When you actually get to the line, it is super intimidating seeing how far and long you're about to be flooring it down the airstrip... but it is a blast when you're flying down it. Everyone at the event is friendly and it was nice getting pointers/advice as it was my first time out ever on this setup.

Lund tuned
Whipple 2.9L Gen 3 3.625"
ID1050x
Fore L2 Twin Pump system
E85
Kooks off-road LTH
Corsa Xtreme cat back
7gal trunk ice tank
DSS aluminum driveshaft
Steeda fixed Proactions struts with progressive springs
Steeda drag rear sway bar
Steeda IRS subframe braces
Steeda vertical links
Steeda toe links
Viking Crusader rear shocks
Trackspec hood vents
Apex Racing 18x10 front and 18x11 rear with Toyo R888R 305/35R18
Sponsored

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a basic mile run setup but I intend on adding some more cooling mods. I haven't had my front sway bar on in awhile but I think it may be better to put it on for next time along with taping up the front end and maybe a front splitter & rear diffuser.

When you actually get to the line, it is super intimidating seeing how far and long you're about to be flooring it down the airstrip... but it is a blast when you're flying down it. Everyone at the event is friendly and it was nice getting pointers/advice as it was my first time out ever on this setup.

Lund tuned
ID1050x
Fore L2 Twin Pump system
E85
Kooks off-road LTH
Corsa Xtreme cat back
7gal trunk ice tank
DSS aluminum driveshaft
Steeda vertical links
Steeda toe links
Trackspec hood vents
Stock block/engine? I thought @jhatley7 popped his Whipple car in a 1/2-mile event?

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10

Lund tuned
ID1050x
Fore L2 Twin Pump system
E85
Kooks off-road LTH
Corsa Xtreme cat back
7gal trunk ice tank
DSS aluminum driveshaft
Steeda vertical links
Steeda toe links
Trackspec hood vents
How'd you hook on the R888R's?

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How'd you hook on the R888R's?
I have a 6R80 3.15, I eased in from 1st and then punched it in 2nd gear which hooked rather hard surprisingly for an unprepared surface. Didn't notice any wheel spin.

Originally I was going to get Hoosier R7s but I changed my mind pretty last minute because I wanted to be able to drive there, run the event, and drive back on the same set of wheels.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Lund tuned
ID1050x
Fore L2 Twin Pump system
E85
Kooks off-road LTH
Corsa Xtreme cat back
7gal trunk ice tank
DSS aluminum driveshaft
Steeda vertical links
Steeda toe links
Trackspec hood vents

Damn nice mod list! I have been looking at those Apex racing wheels. they seem really nice for the money. 174 in the half is moving, you def would have been over 200.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
174 in the half is pretty good. I'm curious to see what aero mods people come up with for the front of the car or the under tray. At these speeds the aero has a pretty big effect. I have the Verus rear diffuser to try and clean up the air behind the car but I think I need a full under tray and splitter to really take advantage.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was wondering the same thing when I was looking under my car before the event. Don't think an APR front splitter would be that effective and I don't see anyone selling more extensive underbody trays... so may just end up custom fabbing something.

Do you have any pics of your Verus rear diffuser installed on your car? I was looking at that specific one a while back but wasn't sure enough to commit.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I don't have any pics but it looks exactly like the installation on the GT premium on their website.

caraddicted1989

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
What's everyone running for tire air pressure if i may ask?

I'm running the Shift sector 1/2 mile in CA and picked up some Nitto NT05R's as well as some additional wheels so i can keep the burnouts off the stock rears.

Thanks!

Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Stock block/engine? I thought @jhatley7 popped his Whipple car in a 1/2-mile event?
Dammit man quit bringing that up!! haha. Yea it was roll racing event. 18 pounds to 8k will eat a stock motor pretty quick.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
What's everyone running for tire air pressure if i may ask?

I'm running the Shift sector 1/2 mile in CA and picked up some Nitto NT05R's as well as some additional wheels so i can keep the burnouts off the stock rears.

Thanks!
I run about 20psi in the rear and 38-40 in the front.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Dang I was running 30psi rear and 34psi front cold for Texas Mile.

Hoping they announce something in Dallas or close by for Wannagofast this year so I can try out 1/2mi stuff.

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Dang I was running 30psi rear and 34psi front cold for Texas Mile.

Hoping they announce something in Dallas or close by for Wannagofast this year so I can try out 1/2mi stuff.
You're not on a drag radial like others and 30psi warm is right for R888R's. I've got mine set at 31psi warm. They like to be 32-35psi hot. I wouldn't take them below 28psi cold.
Sponsored